• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd place is not out of sight

There is no doubt we could finiish 3rd, with 4 wins, and if we were a team that were on a run like Saudi Sportswashing Machine are, I would still harbour thoughts of it happening.
Sadly we arent, and it also appears we are rapidly running out of able bodies, which could worse next week when we have to play 3 games in 8 days.
Sadly I feel we are heading towards 6th, as even Chelsea's one remaining away game(Liverpool) might as well be at home the way they are playing at Anfield.

A few favours from Wigan,Stoke and QPR this weekend would be nice,but we still need to winning games ourselves

Last edited:
I like your thinking, man! :) I'm going for the ninth time ever to White Hart Lane on Sunday to see us play Blackburn. We've won all of the 8 games I've seen at White Hart Lane before (including last time we beat United, and our first win against Le Arse in 11 years), so I hope we keep that statistic going and that we kick of a great end to the season. Cheers to that! :)

If we did get third it would be in spite of rather than because of Redknapp. It all should have been sewn up much earlier on.

I can see what you are saying but in reality if we did manage it we would have finished above Arsenal and Chelsea and got automatic qualification for the CL. I cant imagine to many of our supporters not celebrating that. In fact looking at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the Ashley out/****ney mafia protests have disappeared like they never happened. I am sure the same would happen here and like Yossarian most of us would be happy to be proved wrong in the end.

If we did get third it would be in spite of rather than because of Redknapp. It all should have been sewn up much earlier on.

you know what, you can't have your cake and eat it too brother. i did this with jol and i can see now how i was very wrong

if the failure now is to do with redknapp then the success will be his too.

if redknapp is not the reason for success then he isnt the reason for failure

even if we somehow muddle past blackburn at the weekend all bolton have to do is push kevin davies with his zimmer frame and no doubt he'll still be good for a couple of goals.

U
There is no doubt we could finiish 3rd, with 4 wins, and if we were a team that were on a run like Saudi Sportswashing Machine are, I would still harbour thoughts of it happening.
Sadly we arent, and it also appears we are rapidly running out of able bodies, which could worse next week when we have to play 3 games in 8 days.
Sadly I feel we are heading towards 6th, as even Chelsea's one remaining away game(Liverpool) might as well be at home the way they are playing at Anfield.

A few favours from Wigan,Stoke and QPR this weekend would be nice,but we still need to winning games ourselves

Liverpool are playing some decent stuff at Anfield but they are shooting blanks. The WBA game should have been about 5-1. They won't roll over for Chelsea no matter what.

U

Liverpool are playing some decent stuff at Anfield but they are shooting blanks. The WBA game should have been about 5-1. They won't roll over for Chelsea no matter what.

I'll hold my hands up I didnt watch MOTD, so I didnt know that, maybe we could get a favour, I suppose being a few days after the final will have a bearing on it too, whoever makes better use of their squad, revenge mission for one of them as well I suppose

you know what, you can't have your cake and eat it too brother. i did this with jol and i can see now how i was very wrong

if the failure now is to do with redknapp then the success will be his too.

if redknapp is not the reason for success then he isnt the reason for failure

Redknapp is both the reason for success and the reason for our current failure. Its his inability to really push on and consolidate on his successes that has caused his failures. It also doesn't help that he doesn't endear himself to the fans with what he said.

Jol had a tough task of rebuilding his midfield after Carrick left and did a decent task of finishing 5th with Zokora and Jenas in CM; Albeit our defence and strikeforce was a lot stronger then. Oh how I wish we had kept Carrick when berbatov arrived. He also wasn't helped by the fact that Commoli didn't really back him to do the job whilst Levy backed commoli; this in turn lead to his poor run of form that cut short his final season with us.

Jol's main criticisms were his lack of success against the top 4 and his unimaginative use of substitutes; which a lot of people can also hold against Redknapp. Jol never really had a small time attitude towards Spurs and he seemed to appreciate the club, redknapp appears nowadays to only serve himself. People also forget that we were one dodgy lasagne away from getting 4th, something that cannot at all be blamed on the team nor the manager. Would Jol, given the resources that we have currently do better than Redknapp? I'm unsure but at least he seemed to give it a go and accept his mistakes. Jol did very well with what he was given.

especially after chelsea fans ruined the minute's silence at the semi final. scousers have long memories.

You know when that happened I really thought lady luck/fate/the Gods, call it what you like, would be on our side. I naively thought to myself somebody 'up there' wont stand for that and bad guys will get punished.

Wrong again!

You know when that happened I really thought lady luck/fate/the Gods, call it what you like, would be on our side. I naively thought to myself somebody 'up there' wont stand for that and bad guys will get punished.

Wrong again!

It wouldn't be very Spurs to achieve the fairy tale ending though, would it? :frown:

You can't disregard form.

Not a as a statistical observation, no form as the football (!) being played in front of our eyes.

...but you can in the Cup... and in a London Derby... 'form goes out the window'... oh, hang on, no it doesn't!

It wouldn't be very Spurs to achieve the fairy tale ending though, would it? :frown:

No, it would be VERY Spurs to win the next 3, then lose at home to Fulham, allowing Chelsea & Saudi Sportswashing Machine to sail past on the final day...

OR to get 4th, and watch as Chelsea win the CL to deny us anyway...

Or to brick our ringpieces on the pitch on the last day 'cos SOMEONE shat in our lasagne...

apart from the GLITCH of 2010, Spurs very RARELY do fairy-tale endings... what makes you think this season will be any different? 'cos HARRY said we'll get 4th??? :ross:](*,)

Back