• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd place is not out of sight

This result today will surely give us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine a massive lift for tomorrow.
Incredible that we could still finish 3rd after the last two hellish months!

I'm really shocked that Arsenal didn't win today, no offence to Norwich, but Arsenal normally beat the smaller clubs, and most of the time they smash them! They've now drawn at home to Wolves, Norwich and lost to Wigan.

If it doesnt then nothing will. Still cant believe its back in our own hands

a bottle job on a massive scale from the filth. in successive home games they've failed to beat wigan, chelsea reserves and norwich. incredible.

a bottle job on a massive scale from the filth. in successive home games they've failed to beat wigan, chelsea reserves and norwich. incredible.

To be honest, I thought their run was the opposite of ours. I thought we were playing well but not getting results. I thought they weren't playing well and WERE getting results.

unbelievable topsy turvy season. To have third in our own hands with two games to go is remarkable given our recent poor form. I still think that if we got CL it would be inspite of our manager and coaching staff not because of them. I think Rednapp behaved really badly during the whole England job scenario and put himself before the club - saying he wanted Chelsea to win the CL wtf!!. That comment may come back to haunt him. Hopefully it wont haunt the rest of us.

I didn't think we played that badly against Stoke at home. We deserved to win that one.

I thought we were very laboured, didn't think we deserved to be 0-1 down chasing the game though but a draw was probably about right. In fact, all our performances bar the Everton game during our poor run looked pretty laboured and slow in terms of build up.

Imagine this. Spurs get third and Saudi Sportswashing Machine get fourth. Chelsea lose CL final. Both Arse and Chelsea miss out on CL next season. Dream time.

What really amuses me about fans, not just ours, is how reactive they are to one off results. One bad defeat the end of the world is nigh. One great result and we're going all the way to glory :lol:
Very true mate - a bit like Villa away (last away of the season, not far to travel either) going to general sale. Now we look like we could get third, every man and his dog wants a fudging ticket. Fulham at home last game of the season - plenty of tickets on the exchange available apparently, they'll get snapped up quickly now.

That's very close to Arse territory, we don't want to be like those bellends.

Imagine this. Spurs get third and Saudi Sportswashing Machine get fourth. Chelsea lose CL final. Both Arse and Chelsea miss out on CL next season. Dream time.[/QU

The best thing is that it's not even far fetched in fact it very possible could happen. Gonna be a nervous wreck today.

unbelievable topsy turvy season. To have third in our own hands with two games to go is remarkable given our recent poor form. I still think that if we got CL it would be inspite of our manager and coaching staff not because of them. I think Rednapp behaved really badly during the whole England job scenario and put himself before the club - saying he wanted Chelsea to win the CL wtf!!. That comment may come back to haunt him. Hopefully it wont haunt the rest of us.

Why do you people insist that he said he wanted Chelski to win the CL? He said he wanted them to beat Barcelona didn't he? How come the quote has now been amplified to winning the lot, when all he wanted was for them to be preoccupied when we were playing them in the semi?

I thought we were very laboured, didn't think we deserved to be 0-1 down chasing the game though but a draw was probably about right. In fact, all our performances bar the Everton game during our poor run looked pretty laboured and slow in terms of build up.

71% possession to Stokes 29%
24 attempts on goal to Stokes 8

18 of ours were on target as opposed to Stokes 2
13 corners to Stokes 1

I know these stats don't tell the whole story, and I hate it when people get statistics and try to beat you to death with them, but they are not indicative of a side who came to WHL to play free flowing football and make a game of it

Its a bit like wondering why Usain Bolt didn't run the 100 metres under 10 seconds, when he had to do it through Leicester square on a summers day

Back