• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd place is not out of sight

It's taken five or six good results before people have seriously talked about third again..

Just like when we started our slump it took three or four results before we were seriously concerned, after we had that lead on Arsenal..

That's because people never learn one very important fact. You judge a team after 38 games from August to May.

We won't get 3rd place. So my comments right.

You strike me more of a Barca fan - actually to be more specific a Messi lover.

Dont wanna hear any of this pessimistic bull brick. You also laughed when people even dared to think Norwich would take anything out of Arse game.

Bloody fudging hell. Pessimism grates me so fudgein much

Perhaps but if we're level tomorrow with 20 mins to go I'd be seriously tinkled off if we werent thrwoing people forward looking for the winner. We now have one hell of a chance...need a win tomorrow

Its a tough one. Going for a winner could backfire on us, I'd certainly rather one point than none, a win is vital for 3rd for sure, whereas a point could be vital for 4th.
Its going to help in that respect that Saudi Sportswashing Machine start 30mins before us. If they lose to City we possibly can afford to go for the win in that situation, knowing if we do get caught on the counter, we are no worse off than when we started.

Oh sod it, just dont know

Let's just wait and see what happens. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish 3rd, as Fulham and Villa should be considered winnable. The thing is whenever Arsenal drop points, we seem to as well ](*,)

That's because people never learn one very important fact. You judge a team after 38 games from August to May.

So i guess it's pointless having the forums open in between, we may as well close it down when the season starts and open it up again after the last day of the season? :p

You will always judge each performance, it's just judging it on it's own merits that matters. You can't say you haven't judged the team after every single game, I bet if i went back and looked through the ratings threads i'd find your posts.

Let's just wait and see what happens. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish 3rd, as Fulham and Villa should be considered winnable. The thing is whenever Arsenal drop points, we seem to as well ](*,)

This is the thing with Spurs.

We get hope, they take it away from us. Now we have hope again. The rollercoaster of emotions that comes with being a Lilywhite

So i guess it's pointless having the forums open in between, we may as well close it down when the season starts and open it up again after the last day of the season? :p

You will always judge each performance, it's just judging it on it's own merits that matters. You can't say you haven't judged the team after every single game, I bet if i went back and looked through the ratings threads i'd find your posts.

No it's pointless slating the team for what may never happen. Same goes the other way too.

The season isn't over yet. We could still finish 6th! But until that point happens I won't be calling for the Manager's head because we've had a "failed" season.

No it's pointless slating the team for what may never happen. Same goes the other way too.

The season isn't over yet. We could still finish 6th! But until that point happens I won't be calling for the Manager's head because we've had a "failed" season.

I know, i'm optimistic that we will finish 3rd, but it's not definite.

To clarify though, it's not ok to slate the team for specific results, but it is ok to slate specific players for specific performances even though the season is 38 games long. I think i've got it.

I know, i'm optimistic that we will finish 3rd, but it's not definite.

To clarify though, it's not ok to slate the team, but it is ok to slate specific players for specific performances even though the season is 38 games long. I think i've got it.

It's fine to slate the team, Manager and players in isolated incidents, e.g. over the course of one match. It's stupid comments like "Taken us as far as he can", "We're definitely not getting Champions League unless Redknapp goes NOW" and crap like that. Basically predictive pessimism or optimism is stupid.

It's fine to slate the team, Manager and players in isolated incidents, e.g. over the course of one match. It's stupid comments like "Taken us as far as he can", "We're definitely not getting Champions League unless Redknapp goes NOW" and crap like that. Basically predictive pessimism or optimism is stupid.

I'll rephrase that. Predictions based on emotional feelings are stupid.

Fair enough :)

To think that some people were calling for the whole first team coaching staff to be sacked a couple of weeks ago.

To think that some people were calling for the whole first team coaching staff to be sacked a couple of weeks ago.

I have fully backed Harry all the way through and want him to stay next season BUT this result doesnt mean Harry backers are right or Harry bashers are right I guess it just means we have an amazing chance of finishin third, EVEN if we dont all that would take is a tweak here and a tweak there to really go for the title.

The reason I mentioned the above is that I know EVEN if we dont finish third the bashers are gonna come out and say "I told ya so".

I have fully backed Harry all the way through and want him to stay next season BUT this result doesnt mean Harry backers are right or Harry bashers are right I guess it just means we have an amazing chance of finishin third, EVEN if we dont all that would take is a tweak here and a tweak there to really go for the title.

The reason I mentioned the above is that I know EVEN if we dont finish third the bashers are gonna come out and say "I told ya so".

Absolutely, the only league position that matters is the one at the end of the season.

Agreed. What amazes me is that they really don't see, or appreciate, the fine line. We could finish 3rd if we get 6pts. If we get 0pts then we may finish 6th, but could also still finish 4th. If we got 0pts and finished 4th people would be saying what a great job we've done to get top four again. If we get one point and get 6th people will be calling for the Manager's head.....even though the 1pt would actually be a (very marginally!) better end to the season than 0pts!

People just seem to form their opinions and arguments with practically zero context. This isn't just the rebels, but many of the loyalists too. I just don't get it personally. The gap between a great season and a disaster logically has to be a LOT larger than 6pts. The only exception to that rule is for teams in the relegation battle.

This result today will surely give us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine a massive lift for tomorrow.

Incredible that we could still finish 3rd after the last two hellish months!

I'm really shocked that Arsenal didn't win today, no offence to Norwich, but Arsenal normally beat the smaller clubs, and most of the time they smash them! They've now drawn at home to Wolves, Norwich and lost to Wigan.

This result today will surely give us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine a massive lift for tomorrow.

Incredible that we could still finish 3rd after the last two hellish months!

I'm really shocked that Arsenal didn't win today, no offence to Norwich, but Arsenal normally beat the smaller clubs, and most of the time they smash them! They've now drawn at home to Wolves, Norwich and lost to Wigan.

they have actually been quite brick against the "little" teams. I mean Wigan springs to mind. But they also lost against Swansea, QPR etc and drawn a fair few also

they have actually been quite brick against the "little" teams. I mean Wigan springs to mind. But they also lost against Swansea, QPR etc and drawn a fair few also

Yeah this season they have struggled against the teams they really should be beating which is surprising because they wipe the floor with those kind of teams year in year out.

The fact we are 2 points off 3rd despite our past 3 months is a testament to how good we really were in the first half of the season really.

Back