• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

We've been confirmed for the Audi cup. Matches take place on Tuesday 4th and Wednesday 5th of August.

We take on @realmadrid in the first semi-final on Tuesday 4 August (KO 5.15pm UK time) before @FCBayern face @acmilan later same day.

Final and 3rd/4th playoff the next day.

Chance to do a cheeky tap up for Gareth/Luka ;)

well I think that means no home friendly the weekend before then. Cant see us arranging a match for the Sunday, two days before the Real game, and we already have an X1 match on the Saturday..ah well. Roll on the new season

I can't see Levy not taking an opportunity to generate gate receipts! I expect that we will have our traditional home friendly unless there is some serious work going on in the stadium/pitch over the summer.

So far our pre-season looks like:

29 July - MLS All-Stars (Denver)
4/5 August - Aldi Cup (Munich)
8 August - PL season starts

On basis the players are back in on or around 1st July I'm sure they'll be some domestic friendlies against lower league teams towards the mid-end July. Back in the day we'd have started at the likes of Barnet, Orient etc and gradually played better opposition like Ipswich, Reading, Forest but wouldn't be surprised if we went to europe for a week and got a few games in France/Spain.

Is anyone going out for this? Me and my mate are looking at it - just wondering if there were any areas spurs fans were planning on sitting together?

Looks like that our pre-season arranged. Although for me, the one game in USA and 2 Audi matches seems too little preparationm

We've been confirmed for the Audi cup. Matches take place on Tuesday 4th and Wednesday 5th of August.

We take on @realmadrid in the first semi-final on Tuesday 4 August (KO 5.15pm UK time) before @FCBayern face @acmilan later same day.

Final and 3rd/4th playoff the next day.

Seems like they have changed the schedule. Spurs now face Bayern Munich in the semifinal on tuesday instead of Real Madrid.

https://tickets.fcbayern.de/Internetverkauf/eventlist.aspx?AcceptsCookies=yes

My mate reckons we're playing Peteborough away on the 18th July - has this been confirmed anywhere?

We will definitely have another couple of games against lower league opposition I'm sure.

not if nothing has already been announced. I think its too late to organise any official fixtures now, most teams already have their own schedule/plan

I think going in with 3 games prep might leave us undercooked early on but equally more time on the training ground to sort things out.

I cannot remember us having a pre-season with only 2 proper warm-up matches and a 1st X1 match, and no home match. Although I am sure the lack of home friendly will be due to the stadium works going on, the less disruption the better for them I would think

I am quite worried about the Audi cup as we only have 1 other friendly other than that and we are then away to Utd less than 3 days after it finishes. So even if worst case scenario we lose round 1 so play the earlier game which finishes about 7ish and charter a private jet back right away then they only have Thursday to relax after getting home late evening. Then Friday we'll travel up to Manchester and kick off first thing on the Saturday.

Part of me feels less travel generally and plenty of time on the training ground to really drill that system and get the fitness levels up could see us hit the ground running but if people play in the Audi cup and I assume we'll play a decent team otherwise we wouldn't have signed up for it then could see us go in ill prepared timing wise for the first game.

Not ideal timing no, but then pre-season is about marketing these days I guess. The first game of the season can be a real toss up anyway and we could see any sort of result.

Back