• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

Unless their pitch is still not ready why the hell could we not play Southend at Southend. We seem hellbent on playing friendlys abroad so our fans from all over the globe can see us play. But what about the home friendly games like this one which allow the match going fans to see the team as well as potentially selling out Southends ground. Also would be a cheapish game that someone from the Southend area might take there kid too who could decide I'm going to be a spurs fan! Are we not interested in the local 'market' anymore only interested in growing our fan base elsewhere. Pre-season always use to be a time when teams would play a few lower level teams etc...

Unless their pitch is still not ready why the hell could we not play Southend at Southend. We seem hellbent on playing friendlys abroad so our fans from all over the globe can see us play. But what about the home friendly games like this one which allow the match going fans to see the team as well as potentially selling out Southends ground. Also would be a cheapish game that someone from the Southend area might take there kid too who could decide I'm going to be a spurs fan! Are we not interested in the local 'market' anymore only interested in growing our fan base elsewhere. Pre-season always use to be a time when teams would play a few lower level teams etc...

it looks like any domestic friendlies will be played behind closed doors at Hotspur Way. As i said earlier, we are not officially scheduled to play anyone here in England during this pre season and its way too late to arrange anything now.

Just over 3 weeks before the new season starts ! Time seems to go very fast in the pre-season this time. It is really helpful that we are having so many international football tournaments since the end of last season : U-20 World Cup, Euro U-21, Copa America, Women's World Cup and now the Concacaf Gold Cup and the Beach Soccer World Cup ! This must be one of the most busiest football pre-season in the June-July period despite not having World Cup, Euro or Olympics !

I'd imagine a lot is to do with how early we are into pre-season. I think most of the players have had under a week of training under their belts and it's too early to arrange a proper pre season game. I'd imagine this was more of a spur of the moment game, only being organised recently to give the players a run out. Our lads played the game in their training gear by the looks of it too.

Crisp finishes from Rose and Bentaleb.

Surprised the (amateur) commentator said "Wimmer" at the start, I assumed it was pronounced "Vimmer"?

2015 MLS All-Star Fan XI:

GK Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEF Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City)
DEF Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy)
DEF DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo)
MID Kaká (Orlando City SC)
MID Michael Bradley (Toronto FC)
MID Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City)
MID Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FWD David Villa (New York City FC)
FWD Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC)
FWD Obafemi Martins (Seattle Sounders FC)

Media members nominated a total of eight players from each club to create the original league ballot for the Fan XI. Then fans voted through online balloting and via social media, with the 10 players with the highest combined vote total earning a spot on the Fan XI.

The 11th player on the Fan XI – a forward, Seattle’s Obafemi Martins – was determined by the AT&T/EA SPORTS™ MLS All-Star "More Than a Vote" Tournament. It's the second consecutive year that Martins has earned his spot on the Fan XI via EA SPORTS FIFA 15 as fans scored more than one million goals with the Sounders forward.

Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard have been named to the 2015 MLS All-Star team as Commissioner Don Garber’s picks for the AT&T MLS All-Star Game.

Onomah and Oduwa looking very handy there. My GHod it feels good to watch Spurs even if it is in what was essentially a training match!

2015 MLS All-Star Fan XI:

GK Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEF Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City)
DEF Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy)
DEF DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo)
MID Kaká (Orlando City SC)
MID Michael Bradley (Toronto FC)
MID Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City)
MID Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FWD David Villa (New York City FC)
FWD Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC)
FWD Obafemi Martins (Seattle Sounders FC)

Media members nominated a total of eight players from each club to create the original league ballot for the Fan XI. Then fans voted through online balloting and via social media, with the 10 players with the highest combined vote total earning a spot on the Fan XI.

The 11th player on the Fan XI – a forward, Seattle’s Obafemi Martins – was determined by the AT&T/EA SPORTS™ MLS All-Star "More Than a Vote" Tournament. It's the second consecutive year that Martins has earned his spot on the Fan XI via EA SPORTS FIFA 15 as fans scored more than one million goals with the Sounders forward.

Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard have been named to the 2015 MLS All-Star team as Commissioner Don Garber’s picks for the AT&T MLS All-Star Game.

Good MF and Fwds.
But DeMarcus Beasley at CB?!?!!!
No Keano.

Commissioner's Picks: Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard
Worth noting that neither Lampard or Gerrard have actually played a minute in MLS yet.

Thats embarassing.

Spurs beat Reading 1-0 in a training game at Hotspur Way on Saturday.

Christian Eriksen scored the goal.

A10092_zpsillpbox1.jpg

Last edited:
1-0 against Reading, i bet that was a riveting spectacle

Back