• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

I would imagine that with Pritchard injured and Lamela late coming back for pre-season, Oduwa is seen as a natural backup to Chadli, Eriksen and Townsend. 2 assists and a goal against Southend in that friendly has probably given him more confidence to push on. Onomah is probably also making the most of the Pritchard injury and Carroll being late back, although he has 1st team minutes under his belt already and has been around the squad for a while.

I'd like to know how much of an impact Alli has had and whether or not he has had any game time. Against Southend it looked as though Stambouli played most of the game alongside Bentaleb and there hasn't been a mention of Alli in either match report.

We don't seem to have many pre-season matches planned this time. Apart from the Malaysia and Australia tour which came so soon after the end of last season, we only seem to have matches against the MLS All-Stars and the 2 matches in the Audi Cup scheduled for the senior squad. Wonder if the lack of pre-season matches will affect our match fitness for the start of the season.

I think we are just playing more low key friendly matches behind closed doors now, no idea why unless we want to just minimise travel and keep things more settled etc.

I think we are just playing more low key friendly matches behind closed doors now, no idea why unless we want to just minimise travel and keep things more settled etc.

Probably that, I seem to recall Poch wanting a preseason with little travel so more work can be done on the training pitch - obviously we have commercial interests to maintain with far flung big money friendlies - So perhaps this is a compromise?

Probably that, I seem to recall Poch wanting a preseason with little travel so more work can be done on the training pitch - obviously we have commercial interests to maintain with far flung big money friendlies - So perhaps this is a compromise?

We won't get as good facilities anywhere else as those we have just built ourselves, so why not use them and let everyone stay at home with their families.

The MLS All star team and the Audi cup will provide some very decent opposition. Traveling all across the world playing lower league standard teams would be pointless. Even commercially there's little to be gained compared to what we have lined up.

I would imagine that with Pritchard injured and Lamela late coming back for pre-season, Oduwa is seen as a natural backup to Chadli, Eriksen and Townsend. 2 assists and a goal against Southend in that friendly has probably given him more confidence to push on. Onomah is probably also making the most of the Pritchard injury and Carroll being late back, although he has 1st team minutes under his belt already and has been around the squad for a while.

I'd like to know how much of an impact Alli has had and whether or not he has had any game time. Against Southend it looked as though Stambouli played most of the game alongside Bentaleb and there hasn't been a mention of Alli in either match report.

I think Pritchard & Alli are the obvious candidates for 1st team inclusion this season, but Onomah may be the surprise, I think he's just a little different and may get some game time.

july20_730a.jpg

july20_730.jpg

july20_730b.jpg

july20_730c.jpg

july20_730d.jpg

july20_730e.jpg

july20_730f.jpg

july20_730g.jpg

july20_730h.jpg

july20_730i.jpg

july20_instory.jpg

CKYNzv9WIAAL2V6.jpg

great player. Its just an observation, im not saying it will stop him reaching the top, just that height wise he is smallish for a central defender
No worries! And I agree that he could be reaching the top, even being a couple of inches smaller than the "usual" central defender in the PL.

Mmmm Laurie Brown, John Lacy, Willie Young, Ramon Vega, Kevin Scott we've had some special big Centrehalves. Its more about positioning and reading the game than being over 6'3

Back