• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

So this is actually happening??:eek:

Ok, now keeping a straight face, tell me how this will be any different to two years ago when we hired Jose?
I remember thinking that showed ENIC/Levy/The board would be changing how the act in the transfer marker and yet in January 2020 (when Kane got injured on the first day of the window opening and Jose said openly that he couldn't function without a number 9) we didn't back in the way the coach said they needed.

And before anyone gets smartass, that was BEFORE Covid....

So, how will this be any different? Why will Conte not resign in February after getting 'frustrated with the board'?

Because Mourinho joined he said he was happy with the squad and would have known the transfer limitations?

Ok, now keeping a straight face, tell me how this will be any different to two years ago when we hired Jose?
I remember thinking that showed ENIC/Levy/The board would be changing how the act in the transfer marker and yet in January 2020 (when Kane got injured on the first day of the window opening and Jose said openly that he couldn't function without a number 9) we didn't back in the way the coach said they needed.

So, how will this be any different? Why will Conte not resign in February after getting 'frustrated with the board'?

Exactly. I'll echo the same thing I said for every new manager we've ever had since 2012 - please back the man with the players *he* wants.

Otherwise, you could appoint GHod Almighty and he would struggle to get a tune out of Spurs.

Backing. Forceful, massive, immediate. Please.

“But the contagious enthusiasm and determination of Daniel Levy in wanting to entrust me with this task had already hit the mark. Now that the opportunity has returned, I have chosen to take it with great conviction.”

Commenting on the appointment, Managing Director - Football, Fabio Paratici, said: “We are delighted to welcome Antonio to the Club. His track record speaks for itself, with vast experience and trophies in both Italy and England.

“I know first-hand the qualities Antonio can bring to us, having worked with him at Juventus, and look forward to seeing his work with our talented group of players.”

Further news on Antonio’s coaching staff will follow in due course.
translate.png

I don't understand it;
'He'll only be there for two years' How many managers survive more than that?
'It'll all end in tears' How many managerial appointments don't?
'He's not a project manager' Is winning not a project anymore?

We moan that we're brick, but then moan when we try to be less brick.

I don't see anyone blasting Tuchel for being an nutter. He's fallen out with the board at his last two jobs.

How would he potentially have us lined up? Something like:

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------
----------Romero----------------Sanchez---------------------Dier---------
Royal----------------------------------------------------------------Reguilon
--------------Ndombele---------Hojbjerg---------Lo Celso---------------
----------------------Kane---------------------Son---------------------------

Because of the contagious enthusiasm and determination of Danny Boy.

Seriously do we always need to immediately tinkle on our own chips?
It makes them happy, that way if we fail they can say I told you so and if we don’t they still get to feel good that we are doing well (win win for them). It’s why you don’t see some posters when we are winning only when we are losing.

Why do people keep comparing Conte and Mourinho is my question?

1. Both are managers considered to be 'practical' and who value defensive solidity over creativity if they had to choose one
2. They both have repuations of needing or demanding big budgets and are used to having bigger budgets than what Spurs usually have to spend
3. Both ex-Chelsea managers

Is that enough?

I don't understand it;
'He'll only be there for two years' How many managers survive more than that?
'It'll all end in tears' How many managerial appointments don't?
'He's not a project manager' Is winning not a project anymore?

We moan that we're brick, but then moan when we try to be less brick.

I don't see anyone blasting Tuchel for being an nutter. He's fallen out with the board at his last two jobs.

Not Mopo syndrome for some

He might kick out players like alli for others.

How would he potentially have us lined up? Something like:

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------
----------Romero----------------Sanchez---------------------Dier---------
Royal----------------------------------------------------------------Reguilon
--------------Ndombele---------Hojbjerg---------Lo Celso---------------
----------------------Kane---------------------Son---------------------------

Tanganga on the right of the three I reckon. Be interesting whether he goes two up top or one.

od luck to you.
Well for starters we didnt have Paritici then. If you think he's gone to the trouble of getting in one of the best DoFs and now gone all out to get one of the CURRENT best managers in the world who would not come here without knowing we are serious about investing in quality then thats up to you I guess....

1. Both are managers considered to be 'practical' and who value defensive solidity over creativity if they had to choose one
2. They both have repuations of needing or demanding big budgets and are used to having bigger budgets than what Spurs usually have to spend
3. Both ex-Chelsea managers

Is that enough?

1. Well that's just not true. His Juventus and Chelsea teams were front foot attacking teams. Practical doesn't mean defensive.
2. I haven't seen any evidence of that, he left due to there being no investment and the board trying to sell his top players at Inter.
3. A club who wins things.

So, how will this be any different? Why will Conte not re-sign in February after getting 'frustrated with the board'?

he will re-sign, when we are top of the league in February!

Back