• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

I am praying we dont see an old-style Spurs meltdown. 4pts still needed for 2nd I would guess. 2pts for 3rd.

Lose at Chelsea and we put ourselves under real pressure in the last 2 matches

Yeah, we need four points to guarantee second place. It makes next week a much more demanding game now, if we're serious about keeping second place.

Staying in the top *three*, however, is achievable with just 3 points, or one win. Impossible that both Arsenal and City pick up nine points, given that they have to play each other.

The team have to collectively deal with this blow. Poch and the players need to analyse the game and their mental approach to it, learn from it, regroup and come back stronger.

At least we weren't doing a 'pool throwing away a PL lead. And if the group can take from it- as we seem to have from other poor performances this season - the young team and manager will be more focused in the future.

Last edited:
Not to go on about it but our support didn't help much tonight. Far lesser sides than us gain points from the crowd being the 12th man. We only seem to raise it for certain games. An atmosphere similiar to the noise when we took the lead against the Goons in March was needed for every game in the run in.

Everything felt flat tonight.

Our home atmosphere is usually bad until we have put teams to bed.

In all honesty, we bottled it and didn't look good all night. We hit the woodwork three times but failed to control the second half. I thought we looked mentally slow at times, slow to identify dangers and take ownership of certain situations, it was a tentative display.

The whole day felt flat today. Really freezing cold Monday morning, everyone at work miserable and moany, the crowd looked bloody freezing. I blame John Kettley, Michael Fish, Ian McCaskill and Wincy Willis

West Brom play sh1te Pullisball. Add to that they are perennial spoilers ( they nicked a point off Leicester recently) and have been our bogey team for a number of years. I will be happy with a win however it comes. COYS.

Unfortunately my pre match prediction was prescient. For some reason, we didn't turn up in the second half and you can't really deny WBA their draw. Poch was too slow to react to Pullis change of tactics in the second half and once again left the subs far to late to have any impact.

It is a shame that Alli's "punch" looks like we will be without him for the last three games.

We now need a reaction at Chelscum to ensure we remain second.

Not to go on about it but our support didn't help much tonight. Far lesser sides than us gain points from the crowd being the 12th man. We only seem to raise it for certain games. An atmosphere similiar to the noise when we took the lead against the Goons in March was needed for every game in the run in.

Everything felt flat tonight.

Yeah, it was very strange. We're fighting for winning the title, and people are quiet for most parts of the game! What the fudge is wrong with people? Leaving 5 minutes from time. Leaves me baffled.

I can't understand why anyone would have felt already defeated going into this game. Swansea were never going to beat Leicester but there's every chance United will this weekend. Meaning we could have been going into next Monday nights game with the chance to close the gap to 2.

West brom had nothing to play for but had high motivation. I can't see us being the same in the last 3 games.

So so wound up

Come to a few Monday night games when it's fudging cold and the stress levels are at their highest and understand why some fans are a bit subdued

The atmosphere was OK tonight, not blinding but ok

The probelm was some people were getting more and more nervy as the game went in and that effects people in different ways

This match didnt feel good in the second half. Dont know if it was the rain. The players were strangely flat as well. Alli is also in trouble - stupid to throw that punch.

To be honest, happy with the point. Now worried about l'arse and City.

I still think it's shocking were playing constantly on a Monday night... It's a fricking joke to be playing after them every game

The whole day felt flat today. Really freezing cold Monday morning, everyone at work miserable and moany, the crowd looked bloody freezing. I blame John Kettley, Michael Fish, Ian McCaskill and Wincy Willis
In a way I am just glad it's over. I know it sounds small time, but I couldn't cope with the tension.

Literally f you and this comment about the fans bottling it. It is easy for an internet forum warrior to criticise the atmosphere but we are the people that pay to attend these games and invest time and a whole load of effort. It was a nervey affair, things weren't quite clicking in the second half, fans feel the edginess. Why haven't we closed this game out yet. Frustrating decisions. Try going to a few games.

I go to more than 'a few games'. So I'll say it....

The fans were a fudging disgrace tonight pal.

Literally f you and this comment about the fans bottling it. It is easy for an internet forum warrior to criticise the atmosphere but we are the people that pay to attend these games and invest time and a whole load of effort. It was a nervey affair, things weren't quite clicking in the second half, fans feel the edginess. Why haven't we closed this game out yet. Frustrating decisions. Try going to a few games.

I,m no internet warrior. I've followed Spurs long enough to know about Spurs fans.
I love the fans who do understand the significance of vocal backing. It's no use going to games if you cannot get behind the Team once in a while. Vocal support does motivate a Team..not always 100% but today's game was vital to get behind the players..

Come to a few Monday night games when it's fudgeing cold and the stress levels are at their highest and understand why some fans are a bit subdued

The atmosphere was OK tonight, not blinding but ok

The probelm was some people were getting more and more nervy as the game went in and that effects people in different ways

Come on! Monday night, Saturday afternoon Sunday 1245 I sing non fudging stop its no excuse.

Fighting rooster is down tonight... expect a deluge of bitter Ne'er Do Wells and those in search of somewhere to vent their spleen travelling over tonight...

for what it's worth, I thought we blew our chance with a dozen or so draws (including tonight) this season... and of course the crucial 0-1 '6-pointer' at home to Leicester.

But having now seen how hard it is to hold onto a 1-0 lead... credit to those fudging Foxes for building the bedrock of their Title winning season on such an anti-football scoreline!
...they did it for 4/5 games running somehow... fudge knows how they did it, but they did, and the title is probably theirs because of it.
clams!

Back