• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v City Sunday 4pm

Decent game to watch so far, plenty of taking points. I thought we did well, but our defensive weakness is still there as expected. Still only half time, COYS!!!!!

Ah I went into the Mason thread first, great to see so many people say what I've been saying, and lambasted for for months and months. Mason is a terrible footballer!! Utterly terrible. And yet again, costing us the match!!

Mate.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Behave.

I think we have been playing some of our best attacking football this season. Unfortunately we haven't taken our chances. I think we will get more of them as they are not defending well, so we need to be more clinical in the second half.

On the other hand we need to stop giving away possession in midfield. Their counter-attacks are very dangerous. With Bentaleb and Mason on yellow cards they can't take a cynical free kick to stop those attacks either. We might want to take Mason off. Unfortunately we don't have anyone on the bench I fancy.

No, it's because he's utterly inept! It's not JUSt the goal, it's the wayward passing, the absolute fluff one v one, it's the complete lack of offering anything substantial in attack and defence. but if you want to trivialise peoples opinions as a way to demand them, fine. But it's more than just that!

Wayward passing? Why has he got a better passing % than anyone else in the first half? 29 of his 32 were successful

Mate.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Behave.

Do you think it was one swallow? What does Mason bring other than stamina and running around? Hopeless to shield the defence, zero creativity and constantly misplaces places or plays lazy lofted balls which put the wide players under pressure. His best attribute is getting into the box late but then his finishing invariably lets him down.

yeah, shape is decent, when we concentrate they are not much of a threat

we have had a couple of decent chances, been wasteful

they scored from our corner due to a series of errors
If only our players were aware of this article that Milo posted on the Set-Pieces thread!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/05/02/the-value-of-a-corner-kick-in-soccer/
...when defenders are under any kind of pressure around the danger zone and have a chance to play a ball out for a corner, they should take it. The chance conceded is no more risky than a speculative shot from 30 yards out, and it might even give their team a good attacking opportunity the other way.

Or Stambouli.. Who's a defensive midfield.

Funny really, I happened to take the family dining at a local French gaff last night after a fantastically bizarre SF Giants win...Lionel, the proprietor whom I hadn't seen for over a year for various reasons, immediately came out to see us on the patio, loudly announced 'we must 'help the Tottenham man because 'is team signed Stambouli!' and proceeded to laugh and mimic the internationally renowned gesture of lunacy. When we discussed the matter further, when we discussed the fact he had been a committee-plug for our inability to spend on Schneiderlin, we both agreed he was average-to-pony and would be off to Watford in the summer.

Good performance. Result doesnt matter as we have nothing to play for.
Mason of course getting abuse for one mistake.

He is not getting abuse is he? people are saying they do not think he is good enough, which he isn't imo.

Do you think it was one swallow? What does Mason bring other than stamina and running around? Hopeless to shield the defence, zero creativity and constantly misplaces places or plays lazy lofted balls which put the wide players under pressure. His best attribute is getting into the box late but then his finishing invariably lets him down.

Look at what I bold-faced.You and Grimsby have clearly ear-marked him as a whipping post, and I believe you are exaggerating wildly. How simple is that to gauge mate?

Back