• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Temporary Tim

I think the key thing is that a couple have now mentioned is that he was too desperate to prove to everyone (Levy and fans) that he was different from AVB. He's clearly been Levy's ear saying 'Andre isn't what he's cracked up to be, he's not bringing through the youth and the football is boring too, I wouldn't do it that way' and so when he has the opportunity, he tries to show Levy how it 'should be done'. I think he also wanted us as fans to think 'attacking football! This is awesome! It's like Harry has returned and we're beating the European Champions again!'.

...unfortunately though it can be argued it was wholly unprofessional to send out a team to play in a manner in which they were wholly unprepared to do so. He even brought the fitness issue up himself, and so there's no other reason to have played it the way he did other than to 'show off'. Not cool, and it says a lot about him. It will make people suspicious, more than they already are.
Exactly this, pandered to the crowd superifically

Sherwood apparently doesn't have the badges to take the permanent job according to some posters on SC. Summat about over 12 games..

Sherwood apparently doesn't have the badges to take the permanent job according to some posters on SC. Summat about over 12 games..

Seriously? Such a highly rated coach by the esteemed decision makers of our club does not actually have the badges to back it up? Is this serious?

Are the badges that important? Or are they just a money making scheme for the FA?

Would be hilarious if true.

It's plausible, as he's only got into coaching in the last 15 months since Inglethorpe moved to Liverpool. Before that he was just the loan co-ordination dude.

Hey, it's only temporary anyway. But what if ... we start winning and play attractive and hard footy ?? :eek:

Get Sherwood out now. Give it to Hoddle until the end of the season. If he hasn't done a good job by then, look for a permanent manager in the summer.

So he has A and B according to Hytner but many are saying no Pro License so cannot manage after 12 weeks.

No doubt Levy could work his way out of it though.

The UEFA Pro Licence is a coaching licence from UEFA (the governing body of football in Europe). The UEFA Pro Licence is the final coaching qualification available, and follows the completion of the UEFA 'B' and 'A' Licences.[1]

A UEFA Pro Licence is required by anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top level of the nation's league system on a permanent basis (i.e. more than 12 weeks – the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). This applies to both the head coach or team manager, and such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

Each current manager of a top-flight team in Europe was set a deadline of 2010 to acquire the licence, or else face losing his post.[2]

A money making scheme for UEFA then?

:lol: Almost certainly.

If Sherwood's influence really is as much as people say it is (that he's been in Levy's ear to fire 1 or 2 managers), perhaps this is exactly what we need to move forward as a club. Either he succeeds and we have a manager that we got for free or he fails, the next guy bins him and we don't have this apparently corrosive influence at the club anymore.

So he has A and B according to Hytner but many are saying no Pro License so cannot manage after 12 weeks.

No doubt Levy could work his way out of it though.

I think you can be hired permanently if you start on your pro license. Southgate did that when he took over at Boro.

:lol: Almost certainly.

If Sherwood's influence really is as much as people say it is (that he's been in Levy's ear to fire 1 or 2 managers), perhaps this is exactly what we need to move forward as a club. Either he succeeds and we have a manager that we got for free or he fails, the next guy bins him and we don't have this apparently corrosive influence at the club anymore.

That's exactly what happened with Pleat in 2004 (though he later crept back onto our transfer committee)

Daily Fail said earlier this week that he is ok as long as he ENROLS for a pro licence within 12 weeks, he doesn't necessarily have to qualify just yet.

I seem to remember that the FA have given dispensation on this before. I am sure that Shearer didn't have all his badges when he got the Saudi Sportswashing Machine gig.

I'd rather we keep Sherwood if its just until the end of the season, rather making fools out of ourselves by giving Hoddle the job.

Back