• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Temporary Tim

A question for the Sherwood doubters.

Would you be willing to accept Sherwood until the end of the season if it meant that we could get your first choice manager in the summer or would you prefer to get a fourth or fifth choice permanent manager now?

I don't believe there is a guy out there that will necessarily be so much better than Sherwood that it is worth waiting until the summer for. As much as I am thoroughly annoyed with the situation at our club at the moment I don't see anyone that can come in and deliver more than what he can. I doubt that club more that they've let us get to this situation though...but I don't want to keep repeating myself on that score.

To answer your question, I'd rather just give the job to him if he's so highly rated by all the decision makers at the club. I think these past experiences have shown that no matter the supposed pedigree of any manager it doesn't matter once they are with us.

Would you be willing to accept Sherwood until the end of the season if it meant that we could get your first choice manager in the summer or would you prefer to get a fourth or fifth choice permanent manager now?

It's really too soon to say. If Sherwood isn't total dog muck, then he can muddle along as long as Levy has already sewn up Frank De Boer (or whoever) from next year. The worst possible scenario is that Sherwood takes over as an interim, gets us relegated and then we can't get anyone decent in to take over 'permanently.'

Well I would prefer that AVB wouldn't have been sacked at this point so that this choice wasn't necessary in the first place!

If Sherwood gets this gig we'll finish about 8th/9th imo and our very large squad will fall apart next season; don't forget that it's a world cup year as well, so many may want to jump ship in January. The management of so many faces, personalities and languages is not going to be easy for any manager, let alone a novice manager, and AVB's strengths in this area with being such a linguist and seemingly somebody well aware of many continental/international cultures are being vastly underestimated.

If Sherwood gets this gig we'll finish about 8th/9th imo and our very large squad will fall apart next season; don't forget that it's a world cup year as well, so many may want to jump ship in January. The management of so many faces, personalities and languages is not going to be easy for any manager, let alone a novice manager, and AVB's strengths in this area with being such a linguist and seemingly somebody well aware of many continental/international cultures are being vastly underestimated.

I don't see any of the players that we want leaving in January. Levy will dig his heels in and there is not enough time for the agents to force a move. I think that recruitment in the areas that we are weak will be far more of a problem.

How much waiting can be done though? Honestly, this year was supposed to be a real push for top four and possibly even the title.. I mean, how many seasons can you abort in the search for the 'right manager'?

**** waiting, if Levy sacked AVB without a quality replacement(s) in the pipeline, it just underlines what a cruel joke the people running our club are currently.

How much waiting can be done though? Honestly, this year was supposed to be a real push for top four and possibly even the title.. I mean, how many seasons can you abort in the search for the 'right manager'?

**** waiting, if Levy sacked AVB without a quality replacement(s) in the pipeline, it just underlines what a cruel joke the people running our club are currently.

It's just a bit of fun, of course there are other possibilities and none of us want to find ourselves in the situation that we find ourselves now.

I agree though, if AVB was found short the person it reflects worst on is Levy.

It's just a bit of fun, of course there are other possibilities and none of us want to find ourselves in the situation that we find ourselves now.

I agree though, if AVB was found short the person it reflects worst on is Levy.

Sorry, I probably replied quite strongly, I just feel like we're floating adrift in an expansive ocean of disdain at the moment and what we really need is a clear vision and guidance.. I don't think Sherwood offers that in any way, shape or form.

It honestly feels like the people in charge are taking the **** at this point.

Sorry, I probably replied quite strongly, I just feel like we're floating adrift in an expansive ocean of disdain at the moment and what we really need is a clear vision and guidance.. I don't think Sherwood offers that in any way, shape or form.

It honestly feels like the people in charge are taking the **** at this point.

I think the story/rumour going around that Levy when walking into his meeting with AVB on Monday morning didn't have sacking AVB on his mind, but that AVB's belligerent attitude and demeanour changed his mind sounds true. Or at least that's what I'd like to think anyway. You would hope Levy would only sack AVB at the point at which he had a replacement ready to take over.
When he's done this in mid-season this has been mainly what he's done post-Hoddle

As long as someone gives the ****er some media training at least. He cannot be allowed in front of the press until he learns to speak clearly and with some style.
As for his abilities? I don't rate him. But I believe we will be stuck with him unless a rabbit jumps out of a giant **** off top hat...

I think the story/rumour going around that Levy when walking into his meeting with AVB on Monday morning didn't have sacking AVB on his mind, but that AVB's belligerent attitude and demeanour changed his mind sounds true. Or at least that's what I'd like to think anyway. You would hope Levy would only sack AVB at the point at which he had a replacement ready to take over.
When he's done this in mid-season this has been mainly what he's done post-Hoddle

Well wasn't it mutual consent, different to sacking.

My biggest concern currently is that most of his choices regarding the West Ham match seem to be purely to distance himself from AVB.

Whether you believe in AVB's methods or not, I'm sure any level headed person will agree that the opposite of them is not the way forward.

Other than that, my concern doesn't lie with Sherwood, more with Levy.

Until AVB's sacking I had a lot of confidence in him, now I'm not sure I trust him to distinguish between regression to mean and good management. No matter who we put in charge, we will improve in the near future. Whether Sherwood has it in him to be a good manager or not, that's the worst possible basis for a full-time appointment.

Plus he used to **** us off a lot and only a select few Spurs legends should be allowed to do that and get away with it.

i can understand that people are ****ed at levy for sacking AVB. The sacking at this juncture didnt make sense

however i dont understand the questioning of what he and Enic have done in their time here.

I think that's grossly misplaced

Sherwood was one of the most pathetic signings I've seen. Gave about 30% and seemed to begrudge his time playing for us. Now, he's nothing and somehow has a shot at managing us, in fact must be in the running for the full time position according to himself. Seriously this guy's a cretin.

I'd rather take someone who is available now like say Bielsa, than wait six months for FDB.

Basically I think too much damage will be done in the interim. We've spent 18 months trying to progress into a technical possession side. Deadwood is already trying to throw that all out the window and get us playing 100mph championship football. We need someone progressive in to save and continue the project of become a contender team.

I also think we'll lose the players in the interim. They won't write off six-months of their career. Unless a new appointment happens in the next few days, I think several will aggitate for a January move, and more will be off by the summer.

My biggest concern currently is that most of his choices regarding the West Ham match seem to be purely to distance himself from AVB.

Whether you believe in AVB's methods or not, I'm sure any level headed person will agree that the opposite of them is not the way forward.

Other than that, my concern doesn't lie with Sherwood, more with Levy.

Until AVB's sacking I had a lot of confidence in him, now I'm not sure I trust him to distinguish between regression to mean and good management. No matter who we put in charge, we will improve in the near future. Whether Sherwood has it in him to be a good manager or not, that's the worst possible basis for a full-time appointment.

Plus he used to **** us off a lot and only a select few Spurs legends should be allowed to do that and get away with it.

I agree with pretty much all if that

I was asked why I was negative toward Sherwood in the West Ham thread, a very valid and understandable question to be fair. I hope people don't mind, but I thought I'd copy that portion of my answer into this thread too, as 'tis more relevant here.

It's a fair question, and I suppose it's born partially out of suspicion and partially out of opinion (which is, I agree, a dangerous mix)…I've long heard of Sherwood's 'respect' within certain areas of the club and his growing profile/power base as such. I personally don't like the way in which he appears to operate (his comments about Hoddle a decade ago being chief among the examples) and on a personal level, I fail to see what credentials he holds which warrant the level of respect within the club he appears to hold. I know he has badges, and I know he and Ramsey have run the youth set-up, but I think it's fair to say that Alex Inglethorpe was doing a stand-up job for us with regards to developing some fine next-gen players. I'd love to know why he sprinted to Liverpool and why we couldn't keep him.

I cannot forget Sherwood constantly giving us a kicking whenever possible as he performed his Setanta pundit duties too…he made Paul Walsh seem like Stevie P! He was even at it whilst still with us as a player.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...241748,00.html

I was heartily unimpressed by what he did the other night. I cannot believe that any coach who has aspirations of being a great manager would, in two days, thrust an ENTIRELY new system of play upon players for 90 MINUTES. I understand he wanted a bit more of the, err, 'up and at 'em' approach, but IF the entire squad has been conditioned for a marathon and not a sprint, I think it's fair to ask why he went 180 degrees? Why, when we went 1-0 up and he saw the creaking, did he not adapt his gameplan as such? Why did he not instruct the players to do what they are currently more used to doing? Why did he not bring on an extra midfielder or defender to offer some stodge and support to an ailing defence? And why did Defoe spend the final 20 minutes of the game drifting to the left and leaving us with no viable option upfront? His post-match comments were exceedingly worrying for a man who is supposed to be vying for one of the top jobs in football AND who has a pole position. He offered next to no clear reasoning behind what had happened, other than to sound like a poor coach from Hackney Marshes, and when asked the invasive question as to whether he would be in charge on Sunday, instead of a firm but friendly 'no comment' he proceeded to make us look Mickey Mouse (which might be the case right now but you hardly want the world receiving further confirmation!!!)…

I absolutely, whole-heartedly hold my hands up and say there is simply something about this guy that doesn't feel right to me personally. he came back here in what, 2008? And he's got how much power? What's he done to merit it? And what did he do Wednesday to showcase himself?

As I did mention elsewhere, I support my team and as such, I support him and hope the very, very best for him because, well, he's in charge right now.But yeah, i do not like him, for reasons and impressions that might (or might not!) be a fair reflection of who he is.

That's as honest (and comprehensive) an answer as I can offer …interested to hear other opinions.

I think the key thing is that a couple have now mentioned is that he was too desperate to prove to everyone (Levy and fans) that he was different from AVB. He's clearly been Levy's ear saying 'Andre isn't what he's cracked up to be, he's not bringing through the youth and the football is boring too, I wouldn't do it that way' and so when he has the opportunity, he tries to show Levy how it 'should be done'. I think he also wanted us as fans to think 'attacking football! This is awesome! It's like Harry has returned and we're beating the European Champions again!'.

...unfortunately though it can be argued it was wholly unprofessional to send out a team to play in a manner in which they were wholly unprepared to do so. He even brought the fitness issue up himself, and so there's no other reason to have played it the way he did other than to 'show off'. Not cool, and it says a lot about him. It will make people suspicious, more than they already are.

I agree with pretty much all if that

Just realised I didn't conclude that properly at all.

In conclusion! I'd like us to go for Bielsa now, so as to avoid the regression to mean being attributed to someone who won't even be here.

Back