• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Temporary Tim

I think the key thing is that a couple have now mentioned is that he was too desperate to prove to everyone (Levy and fans) that he was different from AVB. He's clearly been Levy's ear saying 'Andre isn't what he's cracked up to be, he's not bringing through the youth and the football is boring too, I wouldn't do it that way' and so when he has the opportunity, he tries to show Levy how it 'should be done'. I think he also wanted us as fans to think 'attacking football! This is awesome! It's like Harry has returned and we're beating the European Champions again!'.

...unfortunately though it can be argued it was wholly unprofessional to send out a team to play in a manner in which they were wholly unprepared to do so. He even brought the fitness issue up himself, and so there's no other reason to have played it the way he did other than to 'show off'. Not cool, and it says a lot about him. It will make people suspicious, more than they already are.

Akin to a politician in the run up to an election....people pleasing decisions, cliched soundbites, club rossette on and handshakes and back slaps all round.

Sh*twood will do nothing for us, even in the short term.................................this is so far removed from where we should have been going. Now i don't know where we are heading and even levy and baldi appear a bit sketchy on ideas.

"I've got to be in the running"

and

"It's got to be right for me"

This is Tottenham Hotspur football club you clown, where does this confidence come from?

Fair point what milo said a few pages back, would you settle for your fourth choice now or wait until the end of the season for your first and keep old temporary Tim in charge. Pretty much writing the season off then.

If we are to persist with a temporary manager, the players dont have the drive, professionalism or know how to make it a good season. It will be a write off for as long as we persist with a temp manager

By "enrolls" I assume they mean "pays the fee".

There's a curriculum to read and assignments to hand in. I don't know what exactly, but I guess a big part of it is planning and taking charge of training. Apparently Chris Ramsey is one of those that assesses the assessors.

I quite like how he came across there to be honest, very much straight down the line. I don't really have any opinion on Sherwood but Les Ferdinand just screams amateur to me, I don't think he has a scooby.

I quite like how he came across there to be honest, very much straight down the line. I don't really have any opinion on Sherwood but Les Ferdinand just screams amateur to me, I don't think he has a scooby.

To be fair, someone says 'it has to be right for me' actually sounds like someone of high value, that knows their worth. I quite like that he views himself as someone that can do the job and do it well. It kind of suggests to me he has confidence that isn't misplaced.

Of course he could just have a giant over inflated sense of his own importance, but people with the 'it has to be right for me' attitudes usually are quite good I would say.

Thing is noone on here knows what ability he has as a coach, those at the club know far more than we do....

Thing is noone on here knows what ability he has as a coach, those at the club know far more than we do....

I think that's fair to an extent.

But at the same time, look at how difficult it is to actually judge how good a manager is. Chairmen and directors of football around Europe with insight, experience and a lot of information available to them regularly gets it wrong. That included Levy of course. The only real objective standard, the only real knowledge, is to look at results and performances over some time. The more clubs and more time the more likely the guy is to actually be good.

So how do the people at the club know this about Sherwood without him ever having actually done the job anywhere? We obviously have no idea of knowing, but I would really question if it's possible for anyone to know with any degree of certainty at this point. Makes it more of a shot in the dark than most of the targets we can think of.

Then again, it seems to work for Barca...

He might be a brilliant coach, but that's not much use if his ideas are flawed. Why on earth did he set us up the way he did against West Ham? If that's an indication of what he wants to do we are doomed.

He might be a brilliant coach, but that's not much use if his ideas are flawed. Why on earth did he set us up the way he did against West Ham? If that's an indication of what he wants to do we are doomed.

My thoughts on it were that he just wanted an exciting "back to basics" performance to get the crowd back on side, he expected(rightfully imo) that the side we fielded should've been good enough to put away a 2nd string West Ham. I think we'll see a far more "progressive"(he should use that word in future as it seems to easily impress some) side on Sunday with Eriksen, Lamela and Soldado starting. If he was foreign, no way would he be written off so quickly, that's not a cliche, that's just how it is.

Here's highlights of his press conference. Still trying to find the full thing

[video=youtube;xxitlzJl8YA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxitlzJl8YA[/video]

I've made up my mind about two things today I was unsure about before now:

1. AVB's time had come.

2. Sherwood will get my full support until I have firm reason to believe he sucks. I liked his remarks at the presser today, and I like what he tried to do against West Ham. I find it hard to believe he doesn't have very modern, progressive ideas about football. He's of that generation. Naturally, I would have wanted de Boer, but that's not happening for now, so move on. No other available candidate, with the possible exception of Spalletti, ticks all the boxes. So I'm on board with Mit for now.

He should wear a suit on Sunday and do a PowerPoint presentation at his press conference.

He should wear a suit on Sunday and do a PowerPoint presentation at his press conference.

He mocked the phrase 'the project' with words to the theme of

"I've 'eard a lot abaht 'the project' and there isn't a project, the only 'project' that cants is winning games…"

This is what we have to look forward to. I'm trying to be optimistic, but he's not painting himself in glory…funny choice of words too. Mocking 'the project' which coincidentally is what AVB's term was referred to. I'm sure he offered his support to AVB unconditionally whilst the latter was there. Right. Put it this way, if I saw him in the corridor I'd keep my back to the wall...

Like when he said "I listen to managers all the time talk about the project. The project is you win games or you get sacked"

Back