• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Can I report these tweet to anyone, as referring to him as JT should be illegal.

Make Tanganga the true definition for ‘JT’. Use it so widely that people will forget the previous meaning for those initials. Banish the former occupier to anonymity.

Very disapointing for us and the player. Always impressed me whenever he played and mature performances like his debut vs Liverpool.
Rather he stayed here, if not perhaps a loan to another PL club.

Thought he was our best defender last night.

we must be convinced we are getting 2/3 defenders in

Which is the problem, he was directly at fault for first goal, didn't close his man early or enough.

Lots of promise but as expected from a very young CB, still work to do on decision making and he sometimes gets turned too easily

If he's expected to play the majority of the games, Turkey could be a huge growing up experience for him.

Which is the problem, he was directly at fault for first goal, didn't close his man early or enough.

Lots of promise but as expected from a very young CB, still work to do on decision making and he sometimes gets turned too easily

If he's expected to play the majority of the games, Turkey could be a huge growing up experience for him.

fair points.

But I would have thought he could have gotten a lot of minutes this season here as well, even at RB as we could end up pretty short if we are selling everyone !

Yeah don't get this, would rather he stayed as he's decent cover at CB and full back, or even a loan in the Prem.

Also, not seen it covered elsewhere but are we not dangerously low on HG players for the squad?

Yeah don't get this, would rather he stayed as he's decent cover at CB and full back, or even a loan in the Prem.

Also, not seen it covered elsewhere but are we not dangerously low on HG players for the squad?

If as it looks

Released -> Rose, Bale (2)
Sold (or planned to) -> Hart, Toby, Lamela, CCV, Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Davies (9)
Loan -> Parrott, Tanganga (2)

That's 13 out

In -> Gollini, Gil, Tomiyasu, Romero (4)

We are light everywhere, clearly we are planning to buy more

Issue with Tanganga is Europa Conference games and the odd PL game is not going to help compared with playing week in, week out, this is the same as Skipp last year (we could have used him last year, but playing 50 games for Norwich was a much better development process)

Very disapointing for us and the player. Always impressed me whenever he played and mature performances like his debut vs Liverpool.

I was hoping he would have stayed in England as well, not really seem much football from Turkey but i would think its a lot different thenplay here.

Yep

- In + Skipp & Sess
- Out - Foyth (forgot), could arguably add Vini to that list

So 6 in, up to 15 out .. still a huge cull of overall squad size.
Most of those players are actually still here though....
Released -> Rose, Bale, Vini (3)
Sold -> Hart, Toby, Lamela, Foyth (4)
Loan -> Parrott (1)
That is actually only 8 players out. 3 of which were not in the squad last season anyway.
So actual ins/outs so far:
Hart replaced by Gollini (net improvement)
Lamela replaced by Skipp (net improvement)
Bale replaced by Gil (net degradation but swapping a player on his last legs for one who will improve)
Toby replaced by Romero (net improvement).
Vini replaced by (at present) Scarlett (net degradation)
There's also Sessegnon coming in for Rose/Foyth (net improvement, especially as neither were actually part of our squad)

If Tanganga is loaned then I expect Tomiyasu will be the replacement (net improvement)
CCV wasn't in the squad last season so selling him generates funds without us noticing any effect on the squad.

If any of: Sissoko, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Winks, Dier or Davies are loaned/sold then I expect the funds would be used to make direct replacements (though perhaps one replacement signed for every two players leaving with the balance made up from promoting from the youth ranks).

The (painful) rebuild is definitely well underway however.

I think the important thing is that is a loan without an option to buy. Regular football will toughen him up and hopefully will be the making of him

I think the important thing is that is a loan without an option to buy. Regular football will toughen him up and hopefully will be the making of him
Without doubt. I think he has a big future ahead of him and I’d be surprised given the exposure he’s had that we would be looking to do anything other than loan him to get him games.

If we can get Aurier gone, I'd want to keep Tangaga - he will get game time competing with Doherty and filling in at CB when needed.
It's a good way to learn too.

LB - Reggie and Davies; good options and two styles.
CB - Romero, AN other, Dier, Tanganga.
RB - Doherty, Tanganga; two differing styles.

That assumes Sanchez moves on.
Without Tanganga, one injury and we have a big problem. And that's also assumes we get another CB.

Back