• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Isolated random fitness issues do not make him a sicknote

I would get rid of the entire fitness team though its, been a common issue.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm not really sure of that, we are at the end of a season with 1 injured player (prior to Tanganga), Outside of Lo Celso's long spell most of the team have only been out for short periods IIRC, fudge Lamela has been fit most of season.

I'd actually like to see the numbers of days lost this season vs. previous due to injuries

It's easy to keep the squad uninjured when you have 18 months of playing pub team level of intensity and your muscle conditioning is allowed to go fallow

It's easy to keep the squad uninjured when you have 18 months of playing pub team level of intensity and your muscle conditioning is allowed to go fallow

Actually pretty accepted fact unfit players would get injured easier/faster

Overtraining would also have the same effect

Only if they are unfit then starting trying to do something (i.e. pressing). Being unfit and spending 85 minutes sat on our 18 yard box can be done by any fat fudgers

I'm not really sure of that, we are at the end of a season with 1 injured player (prior to Tanganga), Outside of Lo Celso's long spell most of the team have only been out for short periods IIRC, fudge Lamela has been fit most of season.

I'd actually like to see the numbers of days lost this season vs. previous due to injuries
FWIW these are the most recent figures I can find for this season

https://www.skysports.com/football/...alace-top-premier-league-for-current-injuries

F62CFF6D-DA1C-49F4-A5FE-A95076156CB6.jpeg

For comparison I found this from 2016/17 season

https://trainingground.guru/articles/west-brom-win-2016/17-injury-title

upload_2021-5-21_14-45-24.jpeg

And for 2018/19

https://talksport.com/football/546528/manchester-united-days-lost-injury/

F5C4B558-3970-4C90-A4B6-8DC821A8EDD5.jpeg

Under Poch the players were going full tilt during matches and that leads to muscle strains etc.
Under Mourinho there's no pressing and sitting deeper, so no surprise really that there are less injuries.

Feel sorry for him. But whilst he'll miss a full pre-season, hopefully he'll be ready to be involved not too long after the new season starts.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...n-england-v-germany-and-his-road-to-recovery/
Offering an update on how his recovery process has been going since being carried off on a stretcher against Villa on 19 May, Japhet added: “I feel good! I feel like I’m not far away and I believe I’ll be back sooner than perhaps some people think. I’m on the pitch doing my running, getting fitter and hopefully I’ll be back soon. Obviously you sacrifice holidays to stay here and just get ready so I haven’t really had an opportunity to get away anywhere, but it’s fine because I’m hoping it’s going to be a big season for myself compared to how it went last year. I want to stay fit and just play as many games as I possibly can.”

Big season for him coming up, lets hope he can stay fit and show what he can do.
A back three could suit him very well I think if that's what Nuno goes for.

With some expected changes at CB coming, other players with limited experience in that role being signed and probably a preference for more attacking full backs a back four would make me less optimistic in the short term on his behalf. If that's the plan perhaps a loan would be better for his development?

A back three could suit him very well I think if that's what Nuno goes for.

With some expected changes at CB coming, other players with limited experience in that role being signed and probably a preference for more attacking full backs a back four would make me less optimistic in the short term on his behalf. If that's the plan perhaps a loan would be better for his development?

You could be right i guess it all depends how we set up as you say, i actually have a lot of time for a back three line up. But as you say it would depend on having the right players for the full back posistion.

Back