• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

If we can get Aurier gone, I'd want to keep Tangaga - he will get game time competing with Doherty and filling in at CB when needed.
It's a good way to learn too.

LB - Reggie and Davies; good options and two styles.
CB - Romero, AN other, Dier, Tanganga.
RB - Doherty, Tanganga; two differing styles.

That assumes Sanchez moves on.
Without Tanganga, one injury and we have a big problem. And that's also assumes we get another CB.
We also have Rodon at CB and Sess at LB

I think it's worth remembering that even though Mourinho seemingly rated him he never trusted him at CB. Even Mason didn't. And our CB options last season were as bad as they've been since... I can't even remember.

If he's not ready, and now Nuno's had a good look at him game time elsewhere could be crucial for his development. He has a lot of talent, but I also think he has quite a bit of development to do before being ready.

England would be better, PL would be better. But game time is the most important.

Hopefully over his injury woes, as feels like every time Tanganga puts in a good performance he gets another injury.

1B893775-C7CC-43B6-8A4A-49FFBC6D2B71.jpeg

If we can get Aurier gone, I'd want to keep Tangaga - he will get game time competing with Doherty and filling in at CB when needed.
It's a good way to learn too.

LB - Reggie and Davies; good options and two styles.
CB - Romero, AN other, Dier, Tanganga.
RB - Doherty, Tanganga; two differing styles.

That assumes Sanchez moves on.
Without Tanganga, one injury and we have a big problem. And that's also assumes we get another CB.

The current plan seems to be

LB - Reguilon & Sess (we are looking to sell Davies)
CB - Romero, Rodon, +1 New CB, +whoever we can't sell out of Sanchez & Dier (likely Dier)
RB - Tanganga, Tomiyasu (we will sell both Aurier & Doherty if possible)

Don't know why but I fail to be impressed by the lad and honestly cannot see him as a regular two years down the line. Even his assist yesterday looked more like a freak event than a planned outcome. Hope I am wrong cause he looks a lovely honest guy...

The current plan seems to be

LB - Reguilon & Sess (we are looking to sell Davies)
CB - Romero, Rodon, +1 New CB, +whoever we can't sell out of Sanchez & Dier (likely Dier)
RB - Tanganga, Tomiyasu (we will sell both Aurier & Doherty if possible)
I think that there is too much unknown at RB and a bit at LB with your suggestion.

We need to mitigate risk. We still really don't have a clue how good Tanganga and Sess are and Tommi doesn't even play for us yet (and do any of us really have a clue about him).

To aid flexibility in the formation we need left and right backs that are either RB/RCB and RB/RWB ..same on the left.
Tommi and Japhet are RB/RCB and one of Doherty Aurier RB/RWB
Davies LB/LCB and Sess Reggie LB/LWB

We roll with 3 each side to mitigate the unknowns.
One of Doherty Aurier can go (both if we can find a decent replacement).
Then assess again in Jan/Summer.

Been saying it for a season now but he’s our best RB, Aurier and Doherty could only dream of putting in that sort of defensive performance! Rough diamond.

Back