• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where do you think Spurs will finish?

Where will Spurs finish in the 2015/16 season based on the season so far

• 1st Champions!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • 4th

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 5th

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 6th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
to be fair, never more than 1 or 2, its a running joke because we seemed to have loads of RB's at one point
I think the only time we had players on the payroll (and I think it was only a single player) and not in the squad was when they were out with serious injuries.

I think that Redknapp's squads seemed bigger because he played lots of the youth players in the early Europa and League Cup ties.

I think the time we had numerous right backs at the club was when Redknapp brought Chimbonda back to the club. I can remember him quoting two reasons for this....

The first was that the dressing room lacked characters and the second being that Chimbonda could cover both the right back and centre half position.

Of course this ignored the third reason- that the player's agent was Willie Mackay! ;)

A lot of negativity around today.
I only see reasons to be positive, we are an improving side, we have lots of options in most positions. I really don't see an issue if Son has to cover for Kane for a few matches.
Arsenal don't convince me, too many holes at the back.
Emirates Marketing Project won't be affected by yesterdays announcement, in fact they might settle without the speculation. What will damage their title hopes is the loss of De Bruyne.
Man U and Liverpool are also-rans this season. Neither has a squad even close to ours. I wouldn't rule out Chelsea finishing above one or both of them.
Leicester I see staying in the race right to the end, holding on to 4th.

Top 4

Spurs
Man C
Scum
Leicester

COYS!

lol_idi_amin.gif

A lot of negativity around today.
I only see reasons to be positive, we are an improving side, we have lots of options in most positions. I really don't see an issue if Son has to cover for Kane for a few matches.
Arsenal don't convince me, too many holes at the back.
Emirates Marketing Project won't be affected by yesterdays announcement, in fact they might settle without the speculation. What will damage their title hopes is the loss of De Bruyne.
Man U and Liverpool are also-rans this season. Neither has a squad even close to ours. I wouldn't rule out Chelsea finishing above one or both of them.
Leicester I see staying in the race right to the end, holding on to 4th.

Top 4

Spurs
Man C
Scum
Leicester

COYS!

I like your optimism, but us finishing as champions is pie in the sky!

Have a like anyway:)

Transfers:
Berahino was very unlikely all the time Peace called the tune. F*ck knows what he is up to. The player is not even playing and the price will be falling? And he cannot sell to a direct competitor (who is stupid enough to pay a premium) for fear it comes back to bite him and make him look stupid (which he already is:)).
Dembele is a funny one. If he had a medical and agreed terms then surely we were 100% keen on him. So even if they wanted him back on loan we should have still gone through with it if he is a player we want. He is young anyway, so although not helping us now, would have at least got another 6 months in the championship. Instead we will have a bun fight in the summer. Couldn't we have held Shaq back from the Posh and offered him (+1 other) as a sweetner to get him straight away?

The squad:
Imo we got options and we have a good spread of scoring players.
But on reflection we have had a relatively easy game load up to now inc No league cup, 1 dead(ish) rubber EL game, 1 easy draw in the FA cup. This is all about to change. The opportunities to rotate are going to be a lot harder calculate. Combine this with potentially the Bisela burn out then maybe injuries are more likely to be the force behind rotation.?? (still not sure why Kane didn't sit out at Colchester?)
A plus is Jan and Njie will be back this season (imo)

The Finale:
If we can hold a steady course and keep up our consistency we will cruise into the top 4.(and we are capable of that even if Kane misses a few games) In all honesty any higher or even a title shot will be more down to the others having bad luck (eg Aguero,Sanchez,Giroud picking up injuries...De Bruyne is a start:))
On the flipside,the fear is if Kane gets injured and we do fall to 5th or whatever it will be a stick to beat Poch/Levy with, and even if there is some blame there, i doubt they would get their say in court. But we have to look beyond that and stick with this for the long term regardless, we don't need division now. So i pray this next 4 months goes as well as the last 6 and this window is long forgotten.

I agree with you on Dembele. it is a funny one. Even if Fulham did insist at the last minute that we should loan him back to them, if he is a player that Poch wants, surely it is better to have him six months later than not at all (which I think is now most likely). Strange one indeed. I think there must be something more to it but we don't know what.

I agree with you on Dembele. it is a funny one. Even if Fulham did insist at the last minute that we should loan him back to them, if he is a player that Poch wants, surely it is better to have him six months later than not at all (which I think is now most likely). Strange one indeed. I think there must be something more to it but we don't know what.
The suggestions seem to be that it was us who tried to change the deal at the last minute... We agreed the fee and terms with the player with a loan back in place, but then tried to change that, which Fulham would not agree to.

I've got faith in the manager and the team and if they perform to their best I'm sure a top 4 spot is achievable, should injuries and loss of form occur we may not do it, but I do not see it as failure, the team has progressed this season and I believe if we continue to progress at that level trophies will follow.

Other teams will have a lot to say about where we finish this season.

Arsenal have won two games in six, against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Bournemouth. In any normal season that's not title-winning form. They also haven't won in the last three.

City seem to be vulnerable to teams who want it more. They are unbeaten in the last six though. They can't rely on Aguero staying fit and Kompany not being available is a big loss for them.

I'm really up for the City game on February 14th. We've already beaten them 4-1 this season and if we can beat them again (and I'll take any ugly, dirty, lucky win) I'll really believe we can win the league.

We all know how important Kane is to us, and to be honest, if he gets injured there's no guarantee that any back up striker would hit the ground running. Here's what I said back in late December:

I'd like to look at us from another angle. I have chosen to compare us to the 1994/5 Champions Blackburn and the 2013/14 runners up Liverpool.

Blackburn finished the 94/95 season on 89 points after 42 games. If we adjust that total for a 38 game season they would have finished on 80.5 points.
I want to compare that to us because Alan Shearer started all 42 games, scoring 34 goals in the process.

Liverpool could, probably should, have won the league in 2014, They finished the season on 84 points. Suarez was banned for the first 5 games of the season but after that he was ever present, making 33 appearances.

I guess I'm just reiterating what everyone else here knows, keeping Kane fit is incredibly important for our chances of finishing higher than 4th and/or challenging for the title.

(I am not arguing that Kane is as good as Shearer or Suarez, just that having a reliable striker can make a hell of a difference)

Also I bet £10 on us being champions at 21.00 back in December. Mainly because I thought they were very good odds. I would rate our true odds at maybe 6.00? Bookies currently have us at ~9.00

I'll put the gooners down for the title, City to come second, Leicester to get third and us fourth.

I honestly cannot see Leicester slipping too badly. My issue will be with West Ham more than anyone else.

6 CBs with 3 crocked is still slightly preferable to 3 CBs with 1 of them crocked.

I also think that because Redknapp had Ledley King as one of his Centre Banks he was forced to ensure we had 1 extra CB in the squad, as it was impossible to rely on King being fit, but he was so good that you had to keep him for the occasions when he was.

Also haven't squads been limited to 25 players for a while now?

We had King, Woodgate and Gallas at one point, as well as Dawson, Kaboul and someone else (Bassong?)

We used to loan out about 14, and even had some (Gio one time IIRC), who simply missed the cut

I'll put the gooners down for the title, City to come second, Leicester to get third and us fourth.

I honestly cannot see Leicester slipping too badly. My issue will be with West Ham more than anyone else.

o_O

If Spam finish above us and in the CL...Oh, boy.

if we finish 4th, you just know that Chelsea will win the CL again to prevent us from qualifying

if we finish 4th, you just know that Chelsea will win the CL again to prevent us from qualifying

For the 10 billionth time. The rules have been changed. We would still qualify if that happened.

Back