• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where do you think Spurs will finish?

Where will Spurs finish in the 2015/16 season based on the season so far

• 1st Champions!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • 4th

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 5th

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 6th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
interesting argument finney, maybe it's that the course is much tougher than everyone first thought before the round. Those easy drivable par 4s have had new bunkers added, the greens are a bit bumpier than they should be and the wind is blowing. All this levels the field allowing the steady journeyman to nick it at the last.
Maybe the top 6 have slid a little, but just as importantly the middle 8 have all improved significantly.
I voted for third by the way.

Kane stays fit - 3rd
Kane does not - 5th
I'm actually more concerned about the Wimmer/Toby partnership than Kane staying fit. If Kane goes down we'll still finish 3rd or 4th. If the CB partnership is problematic, we might finish 5th, but I still think we'll week it out.

I'm actually more concerned about the Wimmer/Toby partnership than Kane staying fit. If Kane goes down we'll still finish 3rd or 4th. If the CB partnership is problematic, we might finish 5th, but I still think we'll week it out.
If Kane cannot play more than half of our remaining games then I think we'll finish 6th or 7th at best.

Whilst we're on about injuries, how critical is it that Lloris stays fit? The more we progress in the cups, the greater the risk of injuries and fatigue taking a toll all round.

But I believe this squad, this season is undoubtedly good enough to win it. The one thing lacking is the experience of actually having done it before, which for me could well be the decisive factor.

Voted 3rd.

People are just panic-y because they are used to bloated Redknapp style 40 man squads. The days of 6 CBs, but 3 of them being crocks. Poch likes a tight 22 - that's what he feels is the optimum.

What is failure?

6th is our par position

Not when you consider Chelsea are out of the equation. Not to mention United and Liverpool being below par. Who is our rival for 4th besides United? West Ham? You seriously believe 6th would a good season considering where we are now?

People are just panic-y because they are used to bloated Redknapp style 40 man squads. The days of 6 CBs, but 3 of them being crocks. Poch likes a tight 22 - that's what he feels is the optimum.

Much better to loan out half of your fit centre halves and continue with 1 recognised striker for 3 competitions.

Transfers:
Berahino was very unlikely all the time Peace called the tune. F*ck knows what he is up to. The player is not even playing and the price will be falling? And he cannot sell to a direct competitor (who is stupid enough to pay a premium) for fear it comes back to bite him and make him look stupid (which he already is:)).
Dembele is a funny one. If he had a medical and agreed terms then surely we were 100% keen on him. So even if they wanted him back on loan we should have still gone through with it if he is a player we want. He is young anyway, so although not helping us now, would have at least got another 6 months in the championship. Instead we will have a bun fight in the summer. Couldn't we have held Shaq back from the Posh and offered him (+1 other) as a sweetner to get him straight away?

The squad:
Imo we got options and we have a good spread of scoring players.
But on reflection we have had a relatively easy game load up to now inc No league cup, 1 dead(ish) rubber EL game, 1 easy draw in the FA cup. This is all about to change. The opportunities to rotate are going to be a lot harder calculate. Combine this with potentially the Bisela burn out then maybe injuries are more likely to be the force behind rotation.?? (still not sure why Kane didn't sit out at Colchester?)
A plus is Jan and Njie will be back this season (imo)

The Finale:
If we can hold a steady course and keep up our consistency we will cruise into the top 4.(and we are capable of that even if Kane misses a few games) In all honesty any higher or even a title shot will be more down to the others having bad luck (eg Aguero,Sanchez,Giroud picking up injuries...De Bruyne is a start:))
On the flipside,the fear is if Kane gets injured and we do fall to 5th or whatever it will be a stick to beat Poch/Levy with, and even if there is some blame there, i doubt they would get their say in court. But we have to look beyond that and stick with this for the long term regardless, we don't need division now. So i pray this next 4 months goes as well as the last 6 and this window is long forgotten.

Dembele is a funny one. If he had a medical and agreed terms then surely we were 100% keen on him. So even if they wanted him back on loan we should have still gone through with it if he is a player we want. He is young anyway, so although not helping us now, would have at least got another 6 months in the championship. Instead we will have a bun fight in the summer. Couldn't we have held Shaq back from the Posh and offered him (+1 other) as a sweetner to get him straight away?.

I back the cub here, why sign a player and loan him out when he is available on a free in the summer? If he chooses another club in the summer his loss

6 CBs with 3 crocked is still slightly preferable to 3 CBs with 1 of them crocked.

I also think that because Redknapp had Ledley King as one of his Centre Banks he was forced to ensure we had 1 extra CB in the squad, as it was impossible to rely on King being fit, but he was so good that you had to keep him for the occasions when he was.

Also haven't squads been limited to 25 players for a while now?

I back the cub here, why sign a player and loan him out when he is available on a free in the summer? If he chooses another club in the summer his loss

No. The point here is we will still have to pay a fee in the summer, via a tribunal. The problem for us is foreign clubs in the summer will get him for free as they are not exposed to the tribunal, so can factor that into giving him more wages etc. Hence the tying it up now if he was keen and so were we even if it meant loaning him back.

Haven't squads been limited to 25 players for a while now?

you can only use a pool of 25 (plus youth players) in any competition but you can have as many as you can afford to pay

Harry_Redknapp_1678457c.jpg

No. The point here is we will still have to pay a fee in the summer, via a tribunal. The problem for us is foreign clubs in the summer will get him for free as they are not exposed to the tribunal, so can factor that into giving him more wages etc. Hence the tying it up now if he was keen and so were we even if it meant loaning him back.
Foreign clubs don't even have to wait until the Summer to sign him on a free.... They can agree a pre-contract now.

Back