• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Fryers is a LB and i think with his pace and build he will be our first choice soon.

Title: Becali's last try to be released: he became the president of Steaua: "He is the only one who can negotiate the transfer of Chiriches"

One of his lawyers said: "We have submitted (to the court), the official offer received from Tottenham (8 million euros) but also one from AS Roma, of just 4 million euros. These official offers exist and the original documents have been submitted, just to prove that Mr. Becali, as majority shareholder and as president of the club, has to be there in order to decide".

Basically today the court will give a final verdict on whether Becali will be released from prison for 3 months in order to get his financial affairs in order. His lawyers are arguing that he needs to be out of jail to negotiate personally important matters, amongst the most important are the negotiations of the player contracts (seven Steaua players have submitted official documents stating they need to negotiate their contracts and that the only one they can negotiate with is Becali) and the second point is the negotiation of the transfer of Chiriches.

So the deal doesn't seem to be dead and I'm still hopeful Chiriches will be a Spurs player. If Becali will be released from jail today, I think he will sell Chiriches in order to show that he really needed to be out of jail to sort the transfer out. I'll keep you posted with the court's decision.

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/ultima-incercare-a-lui-becali-de-a-fi-eliberat-a-devenit-presedintele-stelei-e-singurul-care-poate-negocia-transferul-lui-chiriches-11252744

Title: Becali's last try to be released: he became the president of Steaua: "He is the only one who can negotiate the transfer of Chiriches"

One of his lawyers said: "We have submitted (to the court), the official offer received from Tottenham (8 million euros) but also one from AS Roma, of just 4 million euros. These official offers exist and the original documents have been submitted, just to prove that Mr. Becali, as majority shareholder and as president of the club, has to be there in order to decide".

Basically today the court will give a final verdict on whether Becali will be released from prison for 3 months in order to get his financial affairs in order. His lawyers are arguing that he needs to be out of jail to negotiate personally important matters, amongst the most important are the negotiations of the player contracts (seven Steaua players have submitted official documents stating they need to negotiate their contracts and that the only one they can negotiate with is Becali) and the second point is the negotiation of the transfer of Chiriches.

So the deal doesn't seem to be dead and I'm still hopeful Chiriches will be a Spurs player. If Becali will be released from jail today, I think he will sell Chiriches in order to show that he really needed to be out of jail to sort the transfer out. I'll keep you posted with the court's decision.

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/ultima-incercare-a-lui-becali-de-a-fi-eliberat-a-devenit-presedintele-stelei-e-singurul-care-poate-negocia-transferul-lui-chiriches-11252744

he wasnt released

also it is being claimed Becali has paid Chiriches 1 million euros just to remain till the Jan window

and finally, the league president Dumitru Dragomir has said Becali may sell the club

What an interesting post.

Shows that there are so many different reasons why a deal can go wrong.

What an interesting post.

Shows that there are so many different reasons why a deal can go wrong.

you'd think they would have rules to ensure that the president, or any key management members of the club, would have to leave their post should they be going to prison though

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ootball-news+(Daily+Express+::+Football+Feed)

"Spurs could also spring one last surprise in this extraordinary window for the club, with a £7m move for Steaua Bucharest centre-back Vlad Chiriches also revived in the last 24 hours, and only awaiting a work permit to be completed."

I wonder if they have really heard something or just padding out an article with an aside that makes their piece unique.

I wouldn't say that article is reliable given that it claims Lamela flew into London and met with Baldini after a fee was agreed with Roma... which there's no evidence of whatsoever (and seems very unlikely because his agent says he and Lamela's father are in Rome)...

I wouldn't say that article is reliable given that it claims Lamela flew into London and met with Baldini after a fee was agreed with Roma... which there's no evidence of whatsoever (and seems very unlikely because his agent says he and Lamela's father are in Rome)...

Yep, but something about it being Tony Banks who wrote it gave me pause.
I'm unsure if I'm remembering correctly but I thought he may be one with a bit more about him.

Nothing is likely to actually happen until after the CL qualifiers are over.

That's not to say that a deal can't be in place to be completed at that time, but the express doesn't strike me as a reliable paper at all and they're running it as a smaller story as a filler. Meh...

They play Legia tomorrow, kick off 19.45, in the first leg. If Steaua wins comfortably, maybe they let hiim go quicker?

They play Legia tomorrow, kick off 19.45, in the first leg. If Steaua wins comfortably, maybe they let hiim go quicker?
Legia are the hardest opponent we could have hit in the playoffs, don't know if a comfortable victory is on the cards. Even if we do get one, nothing will be left to chance in Poland and all our best players will play there as well, tough crowd and a packed stadium. In other news, I really had a laugh watching the Celtic game in the CL

Legia are the hardest opponent we could have hit in the playoffs, don't know if a comfortable victory is on the cards. Even if we do get one, nothing will be left to chance in Poland and all our best players will play there as well, tough crowd and a packed stadium. In other news, I really had a laugh watching the Celtic game in the CL

Ok, mate, thanks for the update :)

The Express now running a dedicated story to this:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423680/Tottenham-revive-7m-deal-for-Steaua-defender-Vlad-Chiriches?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

Tottenham revive £7m deal for Steaua defender Vlad Chiriches
TOTTENHAM's summer spending spree shows no signs of slowing down as they breathe life into a £7million move for Steaua Bucharest centre-back Vlad Chiriches.

Spurs thought they had wrapped up a deal for the Romanian international earlier this summer, only to be foiled after a last minute intervention from Steaua's jailed owner George Becali.

However, Tottenham could spring yet another surprise in this transfer window by sealing the signing of Chiriches after reviving the transfer in the last 24 hours.

The North-London club are only awaiting a work permit to be completed for the deal to go through, which shouldn't be a problem given the 23-year-old's 19 international caps for Romania.
If Spurs chairman Daniel Levy succeeds in bringing Chiriches to White Hart Lane, it would prove an astonishing U-turn from Steaua, with Becali having used his one phone call of the day whilst in prison to tell manager Mihai Stoica: "Who are Tottenham? I’m not a slave to anybody."

Meanwhile, Tottenham are also monitoring developments regarding Ajax duo Toby Alderweireld and Christian Eriksen.

Belgian defender Alderweireld, 24, and Danish midfielder Eriksen, 21, both have just a year left on their contracts at the Dutch giants.

If we were just waiting for a work permit I think we would have announced it.

Like I said earlier, could be a done deal to be announced later on, but would everyone involved manage to keep their mouths shut? Quite a few involved parties in Romania it seems and I'm far from convinced.

He does have a good youtube video though :)

The Express now running a dedicated story to this:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423680/Tottenham-revive-7m-deal-for-Steaua-defender-Vlad-Chiriches?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

If we were just waiting for a work permit I think we would have announced it.

Like I said earlier, could be a done deal to be announced later on, but would everyone involved manage to keep their mouths shut? Quite a few involved parties in Romania it seems and I'm far from convinced.

He does have a good youtube video though :)

Let's hope not. **** all that being respectful to other clubs. I want quotes on the hour from all concerned.

Let's hope not. **** all that being respectful to other clubs. I want quotes on the hour from all concerned.

I was, perhaps unfairly, more talking about those on the Romanian side not being able to keep a deal quiet. The last time we were reported to be after him it seemed everyone and their horse had the inside scoop on it.

I have no problems with us keeping it quiet if we're actually close to completing this.

As a sidenote, he seems like the perfect "Spurs player" in that flawed genius way. A central defender most renowned for his excellent ball control. Dribbling from the back, overhead kicks. I love it!

I was, perhaps unfairly, more talking about those on the Romanian side not being able to keep a deal quiet. The last time we were reported to be after him it seemed everyone and their horse had the inside scoop on it.

I have no problems with us keeping it quiet if we're actually close to completing this.

As a sidenote, he seems like the perfect "Spurs player" in that flawed genius way. A central defender most renowned for his excellent ball control. Dribbling from the back, overhead kicks. I love it!

Lovely thoughts.

But our best ever and IMO the EPL's best ever partnership was King and Woodgate and they rarely crossed the half way line in open play.

Back