• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs 36s
Vlad Chiriches' deal looks well back on, with reports coming out of Bucuresti that the owner has given approval of Vlad's move to Spurs.

Shush! Be quiet! We need to keep this under wraps... get everything signed and sealed before Abramovich hears about it and gets on the blower to Bucharest.

just watch Chelscum come in with a late swoop....im not kidding, they have been linked before and his agent is in with the Abramovich crowd

oh, and the agent is big pals with Mourinho;)

Will he be eligible for the Europa if he joins? Sorry might have been said before but don't want to trawl 10 pages

He'll be eligible to play in Europa League yes.
It used to be that the play off cup tied a player, but they've changed it.
Non of the qualifying rounds cup tie a player anymore (although there's a limit after the group stage)

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup)
for more than one club in the course of the same season.
Exceptionally, however,
a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the
play-offs
of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled
to play in the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
club as from the group stage.

From what I understand a not very trustworthy english newspaper said it was back on, our VERY UNTRUSTWORTHY newspaper prosport picked up on it and said it was a done deal because they have sources :)) , your better newspapers saw the romanian paper and said if the romanians are talking about it, it must be true, our better newspapers saw the Guardian are saying it so it must be true and so on, see where I am going with this? :))

Champion's League Qualifying!
We're in the other one ;)

Aye, but like the rules above state "As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season."

The way I read that at least that means he couldn't play in the EL after playing in the CL, the saving point is that it was only the qualifier - not which competition it was in. I could be wrong though...

So somewhere between decent and average ;)

from what I have read he isn't the most comfortable in the air. But I suppose with Kaboul or Dawson beside him he'd be okay. I imagine he'd never play alongside Vertonghen, although you never know.

from what I have read he isn't the most comfortable in the air. But I suppose with Kaboul or Dawson beside him he'd be okay. I imagine he'd never play alongside Vertonghen, although you never know.

Statistically Vertonghen wins as many headers as Dawson.

Back