• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Călin Mateş ‏@CMatesUK
Pro Sport claim Steaua refused the initial offer for Chiriches (23) from Tottenham because Spurs wouldn't pay the money upfront. #THFC

Călin Mateş ‏@CMatesUK
Also, Pro Sport claim that now Tottenham agreed to pay Steaua the money upfront, therefore Chiriches left out of tonight's game v Legia.

Călin Mateş ‏@CMatesUK
So, as Pro Sport journalist @sebolino just let me know Tottenham agreed to pay 4m euros upfront and 4m in winter for Chiriches. #THFC

Sport.ro, a tv station in Rom, are saying that Chiriches got injured in training and thats why he is missing

Yeah about that article, the newspaper that wrote the article is not very trustworthy, in fact it is the least trustworthy sports newspaper. Other, more reliable sources have not picked up on a possible transfer and do not have any information that this will happen in the following days. We missed Chiriches a lot tonight in our 1-1 draw, I was at the match and saw a not very impressive Steaua. We should have one by 2-1 looking at the game but we did not look totally dominating. Unfortunately when you miss your right winger, your DM, your best CB and a striker it shows, and Legia stole a draw and we certainly did not make it easy for us in the away match. And about that injury to Vlad, i don't know if it is a bale injury :)), i am leaning towards a true injury, not a severe one and hopefully we will have him in the return leg, we get around 30 mil Euros for playing the group stage considering tv rights and tickets so that is the first priority for our team. I am not saying that a transfer is not possible in the following days, I am saying that if there will be one very soon they are keeping it very quiet.

Yeah about that article, the newspaper that wrote the article is not very trustworthy, in fact it is the least trustworthy sports newspaper. Other, more reliable sources have not picked up on a possible transfer and do not have any information that this will happen in the following days. We missed Chiriches a lot tonight in our 1-1 draw, I was at the match and saw a not very impressive Steaua. We should have one by 2-1 looking at the game but we did not look totally dominating. Unfortunately when you miss your right winger, your DM, your best CB and a striker it shows, and Legia stole a draw and we certainly did not make it easy for us in the away match. And about that injury to Vlad, i don't know if it is a bale injury :)), i am leaning towards a true injury, not a severe one and hopefully we will have him in the return leg, we get around 30 mil Euros for playing the group stage considering tv rights and tickets so that is the first priority for our team. I am not saying that a transfer is not possible in the following days, I am saying that if there will be one very soon they are keeping it very quiet.

Yeah it would seem strange that the club would let him sit out such an important game with a fake injury even if they were selling him.

iulian - what is Steaua's financial situation like ? I mean half now and half six months later doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

Thanks for the updated Iulian, appreciated. Please keep your evaluations coming when there's news out of Romania :)

And good luck with your season!

So Steaua want to keep him until the CL qualifiers are over. Presumably they want there best players to fire them into the group stages, secure the windfall, and with that secured look to cash-in on those stars.

BUT now it looks an uphill task for Steaua to qualify, so surely that means they'll need the transfer cash more than ever to fill the coffers.

That maybe in our favour and probably has Levy thinking about squeezing them.

iulian - what is Steaua's financial situation like ? I mean half now and half six months later doesn't seem too much of a stretch.
We are not rich let's put it like that, but Steaua is a club that supports itself by tv rights and ticket sales. The salaries are not big and we have not made any expensive transfers this year to say we are in debt. The finances are okay even if we will not go to the group stage of the CL. As for the money we do not need it, but we want it :D

So Steaua want to keep him until the CL qualifiers are over. Presumably they want there best players to fire them into the group stages, secure the windfall, and with that secured look to cash-in on those stars.

BUT now it looks an uphill task for Steaua to qualify, so surely that means they'll need the transfer cash more than ever to fill the coffers.

That maybe in our favour and probably has Levy thinking about squeezing them.
I would not say it is an uphill task for Steaua, we were the favourites coming into the tie, and with this result the general opinion is the odds are 50-50. We will score on any stadium we play so we are not afraid of a 0-0, there is a difference between the two teams and I hope we will show that in the return leg, it will be hard because of the Legia fans, packed stadium but if you want to play in the CL you have to get a good result against a team like Legia. You are right on the final part, il looks more likely for Steaua to sell if they do not reach the group stage of the CL...

I would not say it is an uphill task for Steaua, we were the favourites coming into the tie, and with this result the general opinion is the odds are 50-50. We will score on any stadium we play so we are not afraid of a 0-0, there is a difference between the two teams and I hope we will show that in the return leg, it will be hard because of the Legia fans, packed stadium but if you want to play in the CL you have to get a good result against a team like Legia. You are right on the final part, il looks more likely for Steaua to sell if they do not reach the group stage of the CL...

Good luck against Legia, will Chiriches play in the 2nd leg? We have your game on Sky Sports so may watch for a bit next week.

Will Chiriches be sold if you make the group stages? i thought that was the original scenario.....'once we've qualified, then players can leave'.

Does your owner only have 1 phone call a day from his cell??:)....makes negotiating a bit tricky

Good luck against Legia, will Chiriches play in the 2nd leg? We have your game on Sky Sports so may watch for a bit next week.

Will Chiriches be sold if you make the group stages? i thought that was the original scenario.....'once we've qualified, then players can leave'.

Does your owner only have 1 phone call a day from his cell??:)....makes negotiating a bit tricky
Thank you for your wishes I am still optimistic about our chances, we have to qualify. Steaua coach put down an optimistic objective at the start of our CL campaign, the objective was the last 16, so for us not to qualify for the group stage would be a blow. Chiriches's playing chances are unknown at this time even by the Steaua coach as he said last night in the press conference. With that in mind I think the injury is not so bad and we hope he will be available next Tuesday as we already will miss other 3 good players, missing Vlad would be a blow. I recommend you watch the game, it should be tight and good fun, at least for the neutrals :)). People at the club are keeping very quiet with the transfer strategy but I heard some players speak about Chiriches most likely to leave sooner rather than later(said by captain Alexandru Bourceanu, our bald Gatusso).

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk 9m
Chiriches' move to Spurs back on, according to the reasonably reliable @rbaicu

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs 36s
Vlad Chiriches' deal looks well back on, with reports coming out of Bucuresti that the owner has given approval of Vlad's move to Spurs.

Back