• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Alderweireld is a no brainer, the same mould as Verts and can also play at RB if needed.

Get him in Danny boy ;)

Alderweireld is a no brainer, the same mould as Verts and can also play at RB if needed.

Get him in Danny boy ;)

Is he quicker than Vertonghen? We really need some pace in the back line - although Caulker wasn't the quickest he was still quicker/more agile than Vertonghen or Dawson, and if Kabouls injuries persist/ affect his pace we will have no mobile CBs available.

From Steaua, "nobody goes until we qualify for the group stage " so don't expect a deal for Chiriches right after the Tbilisi game.

From Steaua, "nobody goes until we qualify for the group stage " so don't expect a deal for Chiriches right after the Tbilisi game.

Final play off match would be 27-28th of August.

If they are going to stick with that i think we'll likely be taking our interest elsewhere. We have three CB's unfit and are in relatively dire need at the moment.

do the Dutch, Belgians and French Belgians get on.

I lived in Belgium for four years and I can tell you that there really isn't a great deal of love lost between the two communities.

In fact, probably the only thing which might bring them together is the Belgian National Football Team.

Other than that, there have been some pretty serious calls to split the country into two separate states.

Emanuel Roşu ‏@Emishor 29s
Romanian league president Dragomir: "If Steaua qualifies for the UCL group stage, 3 of the most important players will leave" #THFC #asroma

Emanuel Roşu ‏@Emishor 29s
Romanian league president Dragomir: "If Steaua qualifies for the UCL group stage, 3 of the most important players will leave" #THFC #asroma

Am I the only one thinking that it's really strange for a league president to be so opinionated about what will happen with players at one of the clubs in that league?

Seems way out of line to me.

totally not impressed with baldini so far. two record transfers, one unknown, two unexpected sales from contributing players and a failure due to a technicality (boss in jail vetoes deal)...

totally not impressed with baldini so far. two record transfers, one unknown, two unexpected sales from contributing players and a failure due to a technicality (boss in jail vetoes deal)...

Just because you never heard of him doesn't make him unknown.

I'm kinda confused why them qualifying for the CL would mean their best players leaving, I thought the money they'd get would allow them to keep them.

Incidentally, there is an interesting snippet on their wikipedia page. The International Federation for Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) apparently compiles a list of club points and uses it to determine clubs' relative world rankings annually.

This is it:

Club world ranking

These are the IFFHS club's points as of 1 March 2013:[26]

P Club Points
30 Belgium Racing Genk 190.0
34 Ecuador Deportivo Quito 189.5
35 Argentina Vélez Sársfield 189.0
36 Romania Steaua București 187.0
37 England Tottenham Hotspur 186.0

38 Argentina Tigre 182.0
39 Ecuador Emelec 179.5

I don't see why Chiriches would make the step down. :D

I'm kinda confused why them qualifying for the CL would mean their best players leaving, I thought the money they'd get would allow them to keep them.

I guess because they realise that players will always want to move on from Romania and that, once they have secured the riches of the CL, then cashing in on them and allowing the next wave of players to build up CL experience, makes sense. The players probably wouldnt gain in value much during the CL as Steaua are unlikely to shine

Selling them will also mean that the owner of the club will be able to take a few million quid out of the club to amuse himself with

I guess because they realise that players will always want to move on from Romania and that, once they have secured the riches of the CL, then cashing in on them and allowing the next wave of players to build up CL experience, makes sense. The players probably wouldnt gain in value much during the CL as Steaua are unlikely to shine

Selling them will also mean that the owner of the club will be able to take a few million quid out of the club to amuse himself with

This makes sense to me at least. They're resigned to having to sell their best players quite regularly, but they want to keep them until the qualification phase is over because it would add a ton of money to the club to get into the group stages.

and if they don't qualify?

If the above speculation is true then the outcome would be the same. Selling the players after the qualification phase.

You mean like a slush fund to bribe his way out of jail then throw a big party with coke, fluffy bunnies cuddlings and fast cars?

Back