• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Indeed; at best Poch is trolling him BIG TIME

i thought I was doing a pretty good job of being provocative but Poch has really outdone me with the late, late subs, i'm guessing there's some match appearance revenue Levy has told him to extrapolate before they flog him in the summer

Is everything...erm, professionally okay between Poch and Janssen? The way he's been treated over the past week has been strange, at best. Told late on that he wouldn't be involved against Gent, left on the bench against Fulham, given a fairly pointless two-minute run-out in a defeated atmosphere today.

The way and manner that he is being treated is horrible for Janssen's confidence.

There is usually no coming back once Poch decides he doesn't rate/want you. He may keep you involved enough preventing loss of value but you are essentially history.

I think we will need Vincent sometime till the end of season. Hopefully, he will be used.

There is usually no coming back once Poch decides he doesn't rate/want you. He may keep you involved enough preventing loss of value but you are essentially history.

I think we will need Vincent sometime till the end of season. Hopefully, he will be used.
Don't see it mate. He has offered very little in the games he has played to suggest we will need him. If Kane gets injured we will use Son and Alli as cover.

The way and manner that he is being treated is horrible for Janssen's confidence.
So what would you have Poch do, play him out of sympathy even if he isn't really effective? Elite football is clearly a tough, unforgiving world. Poch sees him every day in training I trust him to make the right call. I can feel sorry for the lad but unfortunately Poch is not afforded such a luxury.

So what would you have Poch do, play him out of sympathy even if he isn't really effective? Elite football is clearly a tough, unforgiving world. Poch sees him every day in training I trust him to make the right call. I can feel sorry for the lad but unfortunately Poch is not afforded such a luxury.

Dont insult him by putting him on for 2 minutes. Give him actual game time. Show the faith that you show crappy Dier whose mistakes are far costlier than Janssen. Poch is inconsistent in the way he treats players off form. I have been one of Janssen's chief detractors but this treatment of him is horrible.

Anyone think he seems slow off the mark and doesnt have that first initial burst of pace a striker needs

I would say its the overriding reason that he's had little to no success

As I've stated in this thread, people are suggesting we should give him time, but his lack of pace and initial sharpness look pretty set to me so will always be a factor.

As I've stated in this thread, people are suggesting we should give him time, but his lack of pace and initial sharpness look pretty set to me so will always be a factor.
yes I agree, the only way I see him working is being brought on and plays off Kane and the ball lumped in to see with the 2 of them together as targets rather than one (Kane), our delivery isnt accurate enough to hit the one target every time esp Walker

Don't see it mate. He has offered very little in the games he has played to suggest we will need him. If Kane gets injured we will use Son and Alli as cover.
The fact you've suggested Alli as cover for Kane does prove the point Janssen is needed....

What confusing me is that Poch should have been able to see that before he bought him. And Poch hade a lot of time to evaluate him so if this was true already before we bought him, why did buy him?

Of course, but there are degrees in hell and Poch need to work with his man-management. It doen't help the player or the club to put a player even further down in his shoes.

Of course, but there are degrees in hell and Poch need to work with his man-management. It doen't help the player or the club to put a player even further down in his shoes.

I think poch working with him every day means he will have a better handle on his temperament than us. Maybe poch sees it that he needs a calling out to fire him up, prove me wrong kind of thing.
Reports suggest that's his mindset and he is where he is because he is determined to prove his self against the doubters. Also that attitude contributed to us buying him.

You can work on this, Kanes worked hard at it and his pace has improved

I think poch working with him every day means he will have a better handle on his temperament than us. Maybe poch sees it that he needs a calling out to fire him up, prove me wrong kind of thing.
Reports suggest that's his mindset and he is where he is because he is determined to prove his self against the doubters. Also that attitude contributed to us buying him.

Correct, but we can also watch Janssen when he plays. Does he looks happy and satisfied? Does he looks motivated? Does he gives 100% trying to improve his game?

I haven't watch him enough to judge that, but based on the comments on this forum I get the impression that the answer to many of those questions are "NO".

I *hope* he comes good, but I see nothing so far that suggests he can cut it at this level, I have been wrong before mind.
Playing him for 5 minutes at the end of a game though is bizarre and I can't see Poch's reasoning behind this, reminds me of Hoddle's treatment of Rebrov.

Correct, but we can also watch Janssen when he plays. Does he looks happy and satisfied? Does he looks motivated? Does he gives 100% trying to improve his game?

I haven't watch him enough to judge that, but based on the comments on this forum I get the impression that the answer to many of those questions are "NO".
No I've not seen enough of him either,do t think any of us has, he's not played enough imo for us to have a proper look at him

Dont insult him by putting him on for 2 minutes. Give him actual game time. Show the faith that you show crappy Dier whose mistakes are far costlier than Janssen. Poch is inconsistent in the way he treats players off form. I have been one of Janssen's chief detractors but this treatment of him is horrible.
Dier showed last year and the year before he is a quality player who is having a bad run of form. Janssen has not got anything else to go by in relation to the PL other than his stints in the team this season where he has often been passenger. I would also wager that Dier is more likely to be in Poch's future plans than Janssen.

In the end I don't think Poch is sentimental. He will use Janssen if it assists the team rather than worry about his confidence.

I don't think even His harshest critic can say he doesn't try, I think he does try-he is just not very good.

I think is handling of Vincent and a few others show why Mopo won't become a top manager - it's ok for fans to ( rightly or wrongly) treat a player like he has been, but a manager can't.

John Stone - No decent seasons but at only 22 is reported to be the future of the game
Vincent Janssen - One very fine season scoring 27 league goals and half a season later is consigned to footballs scrap heap at 22

The point I am making is he has at least proven at some point he can do the job he is paid to do, which Stones has not yet both in popular opinion have two very different futures. I don't get that really. I also can't personally gauge VJ's progress because its impossible to do so if he is not getting a slither of game time.

The Dutch league is pony, They are on the verge of losing the automatic CL spot so will Be on par with Scotland

Back