• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Well I think that nails it 100%

4-0 at HT. Game in the bag. And still doesnt get on for even 3 minutes. Thats that for me. Thanks for the penalties, but he appears to be finished at Tottenham

4-0 at HT. Game in the bag. And still doesnt get on for even 3 minutes. Thats that for me. Thanks for the penalties, but he appears to be finished at Tottenham

He's third choice striker. Why would he get on?
Every time Messi scores a first half hatrick, people aren't shouting for some 2nd string striker to get subbed on at half time.
Poch has seen him all week in training it's probably tougher going in training than against that Stoke team.

That's my read on it too. Poch had two perfect opportunities of late, this and the Fulham match, to give the boy minutes and try and get his confidence up. He doesn't trust him nor care to change his poor form.

Every time Messi scores a first half hatrick, people aren't shouting for some 2nd string striker to get subbed on at half time.
Poch has seen him all week in training it's probably tougher going in training than against that Stoke team.

What about when we need goals?

Didn't even bring him on Thursday

He's done

I don't think even His harshest critic can say he doesn't try, I think he does try-he is just not very good.

I think is handling of Vincent and a few others show why Mopo won't become a top manager - it's ok for fans to ( rightly or wrongly) treat a player like he has been, but a manager can't.

He could learn, though.

Because he is here and employed by the club. One day the club might need him, but he would be pretty useless without confidence gametime in his bag. Scoring on the training ground will not boost the confidence.

Because he is here and employed by the club. One day the club might need him, but he would be pretty useless without confidence gametime in his bag. Scoring on the training ground will not boost the confidence.

The problem is Poch has lost faith in him

Last edited:
If Kane were to be injured long term then no doubt he'd get some game time but Poch also knows he can use Son or Dele or maybe even play without a target man if it ever came to it.

If he needs confidence he's not the striker for us.
He was signed because of his supposed mental strength. That's what our then head of recruitment Rob MacKensie talked about.
We needed someone who could deal with sitting on the bench not getting much games behind Kane.

I don't think Poch really buys into the idea that you give a player minutes to get their confidence up. I think for him, getting picked for the first team is the ultimate reward for good performance in training and previous games. I don't think it means Janssen is fine because he didn't come on today, it just means he isn't first or second choice.

If he plays well in training he will get more game time. When he's ready he will get it. But a place on the pitch isn't something Poch just gives away from what I can see.

The problem is Poch has lost faith in him
And that may of come about by Janssen not only not performing well on the pitch but in training as well.

I think there is enough evidence to say Poch takes an interest in every individual and takes it up on himself to work and develop each player with one to one discussions and analysis.

The early injury to Kane gave Janssen a run of games and plenty for Poch to look at. Janssen struggled. That's ok. BUT perhaps Poch worked with him on his faults and weaknesses and Poch is annoyed because either he is not listening, not implementing or just plainly doesn't have the ability. (Poch has alluded to this in recent comments about VJ)

Whether Poch wants rid or just realises he's not gonna be any use to us this season, I'm not sure.

First Soldado now VJ ....third time lucky perhaps

I don't think Poch really buys into the idea that you give a player minutes to get their confidence up. I think for him, getting picked for the first team is the ultimate reward for good performance in training and previous games. I don't think it means Janssen is fine because he didn't come on today, it just means he isn't first or second choice.

If he plays well in training he will get more game time. When he's ready he will get it. But a place on the pitch isn't something Poch just gives away from what I can see.

Great post BOL . That's why unlike other posters I think Poch will be a top manager. Make no mistake the likes of Klopp, Guardiola and Mourinho are exactly the same, just ask Benteke, Joe Hart, Depay and Luke Shaw.

If he needs confidence he's not the striker for us.
He was signed because of his supposed mental strength. That's what our then head of recruitment Rob MacKensie talked about.
We needed someone who could deal with sitting on the bench not getting much games behind Kane.

He is still a man and not a machine, confidence might come and go, like for rest of us. If your boss continuing throw you into the mud, you will eventually start crying, regardess of you mental strenght. Just ask the army...

Great post BOL . That's why unlike other posters I think Poch will be a top manager. Make no mistake the likes of Klopp, Guardiola and Mourinho are exactly the same, just ask Benteke, Joe Hart, Depay and Luke Shaw.

Indeed. I think the top managers don't let the first team become about anything other than winning, and they make the players know that's what they need to strive for. If it became about 'giving people confidence', it's very easy for a less than optimal mentality to set in.

Poch has always said that you sign for a club to train. And the fact the VJ gets on the bench means he has trained well. If he didn't want him around the 18 he wouldn't be there.

Back