• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I also think Sissoko cost nowhere near 30mil.. I think that seems like a Ashley and Levy mutual agreement thing, with ridiculous add-ons

If we believe the news Everton were willing to pay the 30M with this in mind why would Ashley take less from us? I do think the Soldado deal was nowhere near 26M as they were skint, desperate and needing to justify selling their captain and we wanted to look like we spent loads.

If we believe the news Everton were willing to pay the 30M with this in mind why would Ashley take less from us? I do think the Soldado deal was nowhere near 26M as they were skint, desperate and needing to justify selling their captain and we wanted to look like we spent loads.

Id imagine the headline figure was 30mil for Everton as well, i cant imagine any transfer is full amount in cash upfront. With the money we were owed on Townsend im sure there was a deal to be had. Which may have meant there was zero fee due for first 2years, by which time we would sell on.

It's Levy its never that simple, Sky love the drama and headline figures.

We just paid 17 million quid for a player who has ONE year of experience in top flight football. Top flight is being kind to Dutch football these days, as the standard is very weak compared to days gone by. For some context, don't forget we paid 5 million for Alli. That's what happens when clubs apply due diligence. Still, there are worse buys, Sissoko for one, at 30 million. Glad you're not holding the club's purse strings.

An "Alli-saga" happens very seldom can cannot be used for proving any point at all. For very Alli, there is hundreds of player proving the opposite. 17M for Janssen was cheap in the summer of 16/17. But cheap is not necessary the same as a good buy. In that case the future will tell.

The point is that for every good buy, there are more than 10 bad buys. And you need to gamble, unless you are made of money.

@Finney Is Back and @Bedfordspurs
I did a comparison of all games played by the 2 of them in a previous post which included cup games and although there are not many games as a sample Batshuayi has scored a few more goals than Janssen-and importantly all from open play.

I maintain that comparing anyone to a Chelsea player when trying to judge whether they would have been better elsewhere is flawed. They have chewed up and spat out several players especially youngsters who have gone on to do very well at other clubs. Not quite so true of Spurs under Poch.

I like Janssen and would love him to succeed unfortunately I don't think he was ready for the massive jump in quality from the Erevidisie to PL and it was a massive risk given the fee. It doesn't really look good for his future given his manager's lack of trust in terms of recent game time.

I maintain that for the same reason you want to include cup game I don't as you argue Chelsea mismanage their kids.... we mismanage our cup games by throwing in teams who have never played together

Why are people ignoring goals that aren't from open play. Their goals and they count. There are plenty of players who miss penalties and he'll we have people who think Erisken should score every free kick

And I won't argue that it's a massive step up, it's huge. And again that's maybe why Batshuiyi has failed so far as he has stepped to too far

Id imagine the headline figure was 30mil for Everton as well, i cant imagine any transfer is full amount in cash upfront. With the money we were owed on Townsend im sure there was a deal to be had. Which may have meant there was zero fee due for first 2years, by which time we would sell on.

It's Levy its never that simple, Sky love the drama and headline figures.
Oh no doubt every deal is in installments but whether those installments are dependent upon performance or due regardless. Even if you sell the player early you still pay the installments.

Even if we were owed money on Townsend it would still be balance due so almost as good as cash and shouldn't be discounted off the fee.

Let's not forget Poch was starting Janssen with Kane beginning of the season. Janssen desperately unlucky not to score the winner at Everton. A fluky pony blank save denying him.

The biggest problem, and it's the same with a lot of players, is you need regular games to get into your stride, but Janssen won't have that luxury. Defoe was the same. When in and out of the side he wasn't the same player.

Janssen will go on to be a useful striker imo. It may not ultimately be with us. He needs games...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Oh no doubt every deal is in installments but whether those installments are dependent upon performance or due regardless. Even if you sell the player early you still pay the installments.

Even if we were owed money on Townsend it would still be balance due so almost as good as cash and shouldn't be discounted off the fee.

The whole deal was badly mis reported by Tom Collomosse who made it sound far more bizarre

yep - you buy a car on 3 year installments and sell after two years you still owe the original seller 1 yrs installments.

yep - you buy a car on 3 year installments and sell after two years you still owe the original seller 1 yrs installments.

Depends if you are talking literal, or accountancy though.
Either way, if you think Levy suddenly spent 30mil on a 27yr old, from a club who needed to get rid on the last day of the window. Id be very surprised.

Regardless of when its spent in the accounts the money is still gone. I would agree with you normally its just Evertons involvement that makes me less sure. I have strong suspicions on the Saldado deal as an "inflated" deal suited both parties.

John Stone - No decent seasons but at only 22 is reported to be the future of the game
Vincent Janssen - One very fine season scoring 27 league goals and half a season later is consigned to footballs scrap heap at 22

The point I am making is he has at least proven at some point he can do the job he is paid to do, which Stones has not yet both in popular opinion have two very different futures. I don't get that really. I also can't personally gauge VJ's progress because its impossible to do so if he is not getting a slither of game time.

Let's not forget Poch was starting Janssen with Kane beginning of the season. Janssen desperately unlucky not to score the winner at Everton. A fluky pony blank save denying him.

The biggest problem, and it's the same with a lot of players, is you need regular games to get into your stride, but Janssen won't have that luxury. Defoe was the same. When in and out of the side he wasn't the same player.

Janssen will go on to be a useful striker imo. It may not ultimately be with us. He needs games...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mentioned that on here a few times. The ultimate 'sliding doors' moment.

Would have loved to see have seen what might have been had he scored the winner on his debut

I guess the thing that sets Kane and others like him apart, is they come back, and knock in the next one.

Kane has not always been that way though, I watched him for Orient and he was utter guff.

There is a fine line, you dump a player and say he was no good and by dumping him you never allow said player to prove you wrong so it makes you look right. Or you allow player to develop and invest time to go along with the money you have already invested. For me investment of time would be the smart move

Is everything...erm, professionally okay between Poch and Janssen? The way he's been treated over the past week has been strange, at best. Told late on that he wouldn't be involved against Gent, left on the bench against Fulham, given a fairly pointless two-minute run-out in a defeated atmosphere today.

Is everything...erm, professionally okay between Poch and Janssen? The way he's been treated over the past week has been strange, at best. Told late on that he wouldn't be involved against Gent, left on the bench against Fulham, given a fairly pointless two-minute run-out in a defeated atmosphere today.

Indeed; at best Poch is trolling him BIG TIME

Back