• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

What I think is Dele + either one is the way to go!

I'm open to the three of them switching depending on fitness and the opposition. I'd expect Eriksen, Dembele, Mason, Lamela, Carroll and possibly Edwards to play at #10 over the course of the season too.

Obviously we'll see some rotation but where does that leave Dele?

Good question, like everything else it will be down to the manager to decide. I would expect there will be times when Poch will change things around and it depends who/what pairing shows more at those times. But whichever way it ends one thing is for sure we have more options now then we did last season.

The other thing to take into account is that Alli may have a drop in performance from last season, it usually happens to young kids in the early stages of their development and in their second season. I am not saying it will happen but it will not be a surprise if/when it does.

Agree @parklane1 Being able to bring on Alli as a game changer is potentially valuable too. Last season we didn't have 'big game' players on the bench. Alli can change a game. And if its not him, Janssen can. Ideally we'd add another like that Ukrainian we were linked with today. Maybe Winks, Onomah or Mason can develop into game changing players too. At moment most of our non-starting squad are 'safe cover' rather than game changers.

Last edited:
we didn't score from it but Alli created a clear opening with his first touch yesterday, he's got that ability to make a decisive play

Obviously, if Janssen and Kane bring more to the team that Dele and Keane, the decision is easy but they combined really well last season and were one of the strongest pairings in our team.
Right now Janssen and Kane is an easy answer because both Eriksen and Dele are off form (as is Kane to some extent).

With those two on their usual form, Janssen may have to be patient.

Right now Janssen and Kane is an easy answer because both Eriksen and Dele are off form (as is Kane to some extent).

With those two on their usual form, Janssen may have to be patient.

I'm not sure Alli is off form, just not match fit yet along with Kane. Eriksen on the other hand I'm beginning to worry about, you have a fantastic footballer in there that just isn't delivering what we all know he is capable of. Is it form, confidence, application or a combination of all of them, I just hope he can start influencing more on the pitch as I feel we have other players that could deliver more at this moment in time.

On topic, I like what I've seen in Janssen so far.

I'm not sure Alli is off form, just not match fit yet along with Kane. Eriksen on the other hand I'm beginning to worry about, you have a fantastic footballer in there that just isn't delivering what we all know he is capable of. Is it form, confidence, application or a combination of all of them, I just hope he can start influencing more on the pitch as I feel we have other players that could deliver more at this moment in time.

On topic, I like what I've seen in Janssen so far.
I think someone on here ages back mentioned Eriksen seems to play better with Dembele on the pitch. I'm beginning to think it is true:eek:

Eriksen wasn't that bad versus Palace. I watched the game afterwards (knowing the result) and he was OK. Not a disaster by any means but certainly plenty of scope for improvement

I

Eriksen wasn't that bad versus Palace. I watched the game afterwards (knowing the result) and he was OK. Not a disaster by any means but certainly plenty of scope for improvement

Glad to see someone watched the same game as me, i have heard so much flimflam from fans saying that Eriksen has been brick. Against Everton he was as good as anyone, i agree he could have done better against Palace but you would have thought he was a disaster the way some go on.

Glad to see someone watched the same game as me, i have heard so much hogwash from fans saying that Eriksen has been brick. Against Everton he was as good as anyone, i agree he could have done better against Palace but you would have thought he was a disaster the way some go on.

Players who go steaming around crashing into people catch the eye, Eriksen is not and never will be that type of player so a lot of his work goes unnoticed. I think we lacked our usual interchanging with the attacking player on Saturday and it effected Eriksen more than the others, but we are still a better team with him in it.

Jannsen is energetic yes, but it is still for me very early days for the lad.
We can only go one game at a time, chief. So far he hasn't shown anything that would relegate him back to the bench. When he does we can discuss whether he should be.

We can only go one game at a time, chief. So far he hasn't shown anything that would relegate him back to the bench. When he does we can discuss whether he should be.

No, but Poch is experimenting and it was not a total success in my mind it was 50/50. We once again get a new player and over egg the pudding as far as praise or otherwise. Spoke to a neutral who was at the ground on Saturday and he was totally shocked at the OTT praise for Janssen.
I think our Spurs coloured glasses tend to tint our perceptions far too often.

Janssen did OK but nothing more ATM. Thats not saying he wont be but its also saying he could go the same way as say Son or Chadli or Soldado.

Some fans do set themselves up for a fall when all is needed is a little more circumspection.

I agree there was too much made of his performance, but I was pleased to see his level of fitness and his awareness of where other players were. I'd seen plenty of fans and pundits putting down his ability due to him playing in a poor league.'

Back