• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Well of course it's early days for him,he's appeared in two competitive games.

Yet the fact he's already slotted in seamlessly is a good sign,and the fact is right now he's undroppable....

We will see but I'm not of the same opinion. He is ATM a player who 'runs a'rand a bit' so did Soldado, bless him, sadly putting in effort alone, does not make a player "undroppable".
I hope he plays as he is shown some good things "slotting in seamlessly" is probably a little too 'Sky pundit' for my liking in other words 'overdoing it'.

Janssen is looking OK and looking like a good buy.

Last edited:
Janssen did more in his first full game than Soldado did in his first season!

Agree with you... had he hit the back of the net with that one-on-one, everyone on this board would be creaming their pants about his contribution and no-one - bar none - would even consider dropping him for the Liverpool game. Well.. know what? Kane has missed a few sitters as well in his career; all strikers do.

Soldado scored three in his first two didn't he?

last season in Holland he really started to score regularly in the second half of the season.

he needs time to adapt to the PL, is doing very well atm imo, and the goals will come in time.

also i think he has the ability to swap places with Harry during the game and drop deep with Harry playing ahead of him. Both offer great flexibility and workrate, things Poch demands, and once they understand each others game i think they will be a real handful and provide genuine goalscoring threats.

We will see but I'm not of the same opinion. He is ATM a player who 'runs a'rand a bit' so did Soldado, bless him, sadly putting in effort alone, does not make a player "undroppable".
I hope he plays as he is shown some good things "slotting in seamlessly" is probably a little too 'Sky pundit' for my liking in other words 'overdoing it'.

Janssen is looking OK and looking like a good bye.
He's slotted in seamlessly in terms of the ethos required to play under Poch. He's a goal scorer and whether the goals come sooner or later I'm not concerned about that,they will come. But I'm pleasantly surprised at how good his all round game appears to be, meaning Kane can be rested times or play off the front man. Either way this means less pressure on Kane which can only be a good thing as we have been horribly reliant on him up front for too long and we wouldn't get away with that forever....

Jannsen looks like a good prospect once he settles in, it is all a bit too fast for him ATM, which is understandable.
But why have we moved a player who scored 24 league goals last season to #10?
IMHO it is wrong.
We looked quite disjointed yesterday up front. Its an 'either or' for the 'majority' of matches for me.
It was good enough last season so why change it?

Janssen is looking OK and looking like a good bye.

Too early to say good bye to him

Jannsen looks like a good prospect once he settles in, it is all a bit too fast for him ATM, which is understandable.
But why have we moved a player who scored 24 league goals last season to #10?
IMHO it is wrong.
We looked quite disjointed yesterday up front. Its an 'either or' for the 'majority' of matches for me.
It was good enough last season so why change it?

apart from a handful of games no more disjointed than we tend to look imo.

why change? id say to make the opposition think a bit more. We were becoming predictable in our line up and tactics and eventually opposing managers will find ways to keep us from scoring, especially with all the modern analysis techniques and tools.

i like how Poch is also using Lamela more on the left too, as i mentioned earlier Janssen also swapped with Harry yesterday, i also think we will see Janssen occupy the left wide forward role at times during games, Lamela i expect to see in behind Harry also.

this fluidity in movement and positions from the players is what will take us to a higher level imo. It will take time to implement, but once the players crack it we will see true total football in the forward positions

this fluidity in movement and positions from the players is what will take us to a higher level imo. It will take time to implement, but once the players crack it we will see true total football in the forward positions

I think that it is something that we have consistently done well under Poch. It will take a little while for a new player to settle into this but it isn't something new. Increased competition is of course welcome and should help keep our players fresh.

Even when Harry played up top against Everton last week he didn't look like scoring, and that was with a supposedly better line up behind him.

But that was one game!

Harry scored 24 goals last season and yes we need backup and flexibility. But that does not mean change for change sake which yesterday smacked of.

This will also come to a head when Dembele returns to our midfield. Do we drop Eric? (for another thread maybe)

Last edited:
Back