• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

How many games has he scored for Spurs?

Harry is our number 1 striker.

Would you make Aguero play number #10 because you bought a new forward.
This season, same as Harry.
Of course we want to talk about past seasons why don't we go and get greaves back?
I'm not get at Harry, he clearly needs some time to get back to his best, janssen was brought in to give him that time.
Harry hasn't been dropped back to way for janssen, he has been dropped back because dembelle and alli are missing.

How many games has he scored for Spurs?

Harry is our number 1 striker.

Would you make Aguero play number #10 because you bought a new forward.

I think that there is a little too much pre-occupation with labels. Harry can play deeper and even when he is leading the line, frequently drops back or wide. All we are looking at is another option. If we can rotate Dele, Kane and Janssen between #10 and #11 then we have a better chance of keeping them fit and fresh.

Im not a Harry uber fan and I like what Ive seen of Janssen.

We will see.
I'm the same, I support the shirt, not the man.
It's a squad game and we are going to need them all this season.
I would rather have two strikers scoring 15 goals than one scoring 30. There's no benefit to winning the golden boot, it's nothing more than a marketing ploy.

But that was one game!

Harry scored 24 goals last season and yes we need backup and flexibility. But that does not mean change for change sake which yesterday smacked of.

This will also come to a head when Dembele returns to our midfield. Do we drop Eric? (for another thread maybe)

In fairness I am not sure that is something Poch could be accused of. If anything he tends to get criticised for sticking with Plan A no matter what. We have to assume this is something they have been practising with during the week and even before and it must have been working for it to be deployed yesterday. If Kane and Janssen can interchange in that way from game to game or even during games as we saw a little of yesterday it should give our opposition a bit more to think about. I'm sure we wont automatically start with both every game but better for the players (including those supporting ) to get used to it early in the season as an option.

Pochettino said: "We cannot play with 12 or 13 players like in basketball. If we want to play with two strikers, it's impossible to play everyone.

"We have a lot of games ahead and all can play. Dele was ill during the week; Tuesday and Wedneday he didn't train. But it's normal. He came from the Euros. We need to be careful and manage him in a good condition to avoid future problems.

"Then it was a good opportunity see both strikers Harry and Vincent. It's a natural decision. Dele is a great player and a very important one for us this season.

"It's a position that he has played a lot. When I arrived here I watched him play with another striker.

"He was a lot freer and had a lot more chances to shoot and score. More than Everton. I think it was a very good combination. It is one important option we have to play with both of them. It's good to have many options for the future."

If the goals flow with both playing, the bandwagon of genius manager, fluid system, terrific recruitment will get into full swing. If they don't, then people will lament Kane not leading the line. Last season it took Kane a month of so to start scoring. And Janssen likewise took a while to warm up before he became a prolific striker.

Can see why it makes sense for both to play. We need more goals, both are quality finishers once they get into their stride. Kane is able to play deeper, though he did lead the line so well last season. For the benifit of the team, we need to stick with this system for 5 or so games, and imo add another centre forward to the squad.

Last edited:
i like the look of him - looks every inch a premier league forward and done well when dropping off to allow Kane to play through the middle. Him & Kane starting against weaker teams could be an important tactic for us this season

i like the look of him - looks every inch a premier league forward and done well when dropping off to allow Kane to play through the middle. Him & Kane starting against weaker teams could be an important tactic for us this season

Do they get weaker than Palace?

Does that mean no more wingeing, whining and weeping on here? What will we discuss?

People will always find something to bitch about.
3pts and I'm always a happy camper, but does mean we can't have a freindly natter re tactics and formations and the like.

People will always find something to bitch about.
3pts and I'm always a happy camper, but does mean we can't have a freindly natter re tactics and formations and the like.
I'm all for that. Perhaps start a thread called 'the friendly matter' where we can be polite and respectful to each other?

Could not agree more, i have been banging on that Kane ( imo) would be even better playing behind a line leader, from what i saw yesterday i am hopeful that we will see more of the same.

Obviously we'll see some rotation but where does that leave Dele?

These and other questions will all have to be answered in the next episode of Poch!

Obviously, if Janssen and Kane bring more to the team that Dele and Keane, the decision is easy but they combined really well last season and were one of the strongest pairings in our team.

Obviously, if Janssen and Kane bring more to the team that Dele and Keane, the decision is easy but they combined really well last season and were one of the strongest pairings in our team.

What I think is Dele + either one is the way to go!

Back