• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Amen to that, especially if its not the players that some fans think we should/could have signed.

I wouldn't have thought many knew much about him?
@£17m he did feel a little bit too good to be true in the current silly market.

But at the moment you can see why he came to Spurs as we are shopping from the bargain section due to our stadium commitments. Time will tell.

I wouldn't have thought many knew much about him?
@£17m he did feel a little bit too good to be true in the current silly market.

But at the moment you can see why he came to Spurs as we are shopping from the bargain section due to our stadium commitments. Time will tell.

On Kane's performances for us so far this season, would you say he's wrath 17m? Or Alli or Eriksen?

The whole team has been looking underprepared. In fact Janssen and Wanyama - who had more of a preseason - have looked good to me; it's only their 3rd game in a new side!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He's been bright. That's it, though, and he needs to get the goals under his belt lest the Soldado comparisons start piling in (however unjustified they may be). As a useful comparison with a player deemed too expensive for our tastes, Batshuayi's had 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 sub appearances.

Uninformed Soldado comparisons if that happens (imo). Soldado wasn't getting into scoring positions with any real frequency. Janssen is doing just that. Soldado wasn't a good holdup-player or target man. Janssen is exactly that. Soldado wasn't a good fit in our team. Janssen looks a very good fit.

Janssen has played a grand total of 186 minutes of PL football for us. There are no useful comparisons that can be made when it comes to goals and assists over 186 minutes of PL football. Or perhaps we should compare him to Kane this season?

That's StephenH's "bargain section" for you.

The dutch football is at an all time low and Cruyff (probably my all time overseas favourite) is but a distant memory.
Please I'm not against Vincent in anyway, what I am is sceptical as to his qualities which we all know are so important in our league, he will have no where near as much time to bring the ball under control as he did in Holland.
It was just an observation.
But let me stress I want nothing more than Janssen to be huge success for Spurs and as many have said, it is very early days.

The dutch football is at an all time low and Cruyff (probably my all time overseas favourite) is but a distant memory.
Please I'm not against Vincent in anyway, what I am is sceptical as to his qualities which we all know are so important in our league, he will have no where near as much time to bring the ball under control as he did in Holland.
It was just an observation.
But let me stress I want nothing more than Janssen to be huge success for Spurs and as many have said, it is very early days.

I just don't get what he's done wrong so far except fail to convert two good chances?

I think he's looked much better in the first couple of games than much more expensive players have looked for us and some of our competitors. Soldado for us and Benteke for Liverpool spring to mind as examples.

If he had scored either the lob against Palace or the close range chance vs Everton (or one of his other chances) I don't think anyone would have been making bargain bin comments.

I just don't get what he's done wrong so far except fail to convert two good chances?

I think he's looked much better in the first couple of games than much more expensive players have looked for us and some of our competitors. Soldado for us and Benteke for Liverpool spring to mind as examples.

If he had scored either the lob against Palace or the close range chance vs Everton (or one of his other chances) I don't think anyone would have been making bargain bin comments.

Its not the missing of chances that happens to all players. More his lack of close control when he receives a 'rapid or untidy' pass. We have some excellent players who are excellent receiving the ball, let's hope Vincent joins them.

Its not the missing of chances that happens to all players. More his lack of close control when he receives a 'rapid or untidy' pass. We have some excellent players who are excellent receiving the ball, let's hope Vincent joins them.

His control and hold up play have been great

He is also known for first time finishing with both feet.

I think people are already trying to find faults which is a typical Spurs fans trait

Let's judge him when the players around him and providing him are playing well and then you can get a fairer view IMO

I agree that misses like that happen to all players. I'm saying that if he had scored a goal or two people wouldn't be highlighting his negative involvements over his many (imo obvious) strengths that he's shown in these first games.

Uninformed Soldado comparisons if that happens (imo). Soldado wasn't getting into scoring positions with any real frequency. Janssen is doing just that. Soldado wasn't a good holdup-player or target man. Janssen is exactly that. Soldado wasn't a good fit in our team. Janssen looks a very good fit.

Janssen has played a grand total of 186 minutes of PL football for us. There are no useful comparisons that can be made when it comes to goals and assists over 186 minutes of PL football. Or perhaps we should compare him to Kane this season?

A) Soldado was getting into scoring positions - he just happened to miss a lot, which is what started the dreadful spiral.

B) True, Soldado wasn't a good target man, which is why Janssen's got a leg up on him. However, that doesn't translate to much unless Janssen also scores fairly consistently, since the rebuttal would be that we could have bought a totem pole for less, in a manner of speaking. :p

C) 'Fit' in the side is a more variable factor - he's bright and active in the side *as it stands*, but he's also part of an attack that looks disjointed and off-balance (although that probably isn't his fault).

For viewers in the UK, ITV4 are showing the Sweden-Holland WCQ tonight. A nice chance to watch Janssen with the national team...

Last edited:
For viewers in the UK, ITV4 are showing the Sweden-Holland WCQ tonight. A nice chance to watch Janssen with the national team...

I watched the game and for me Janssen was the best player on the pitch, his hold up play with his back to the goal was first class and his lays off were as well. Its way to early to say how he will prosper but he seems perfect for us and he could turn out to be a top player.

I watched the game and for me Janssen was the best player on the pitch, his hold up play with his back to the goal was first class and his lays off were as well. Its way to early to say how he will prosper but he seems perfect for us and he could turn out to be a top player.
It would be great if he could score a goal one day.

i know exactly what is going on with him and he will grab two against Stoke and win some key physical battles.

Backing him to be our keyman and to play Harry into goal scoring form.

Paul Stewart to Kane's Lineker

Back