• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I think Gerrard needs that defensive foil alongside him when he plays deep. He doesn't look comfortable as a holding midfielder but can do damage when being given the ball in a deep position with time to pick his passes.

I personally think Gerrard's long passing ability is greatly overrated. He had the ability to pick the passes, but they are few and far between now. His best years were playing alongside Xabi Alonso, as he didn't have to be the ball player of the pairing, it was more his physicality that he based his game on.

He always loved the Hollywood ball, sometimes he pulls them off, a lot more often he doesn't. True though, he was all about his pace, power and a thunderbolt of a shot.

I have the displeasure of working with a couple of Liverpool fans if there's one thing I've learned about them over this period is they talk about man united ten times mores than they ever talk about Liverpool.

I personally think Gerrard's long passing ability is greatly overrated. He had the ability to pick the passes, but they are few and far between now. His best years were playing alongside Xabi Alonso, as he didn't have to be the ball player of the pairing, it was more his physicality that he based his game on.

His best years were playing ahead of Xabi Alonso and Mascherano, linking up with Torres ahead of him. What an outstanding central line that actually was.

That and him playing on the right...

Not too shabby last season though with his long range vision. The one at 2.07 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine is particularly exquisite.

Haven't seen much of him this season to be fair.

[video=youtube;4_lR-jT6Im0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_lR-jT6Im0[/video]

Starting to get a few injuries now, with a smallish squad they will be really tested next few weeks
they managed without Suarez at the start of the season, Sturridge has been out for a while recently. Somehow they still picked up points. No european football is their biggest advantage

they managed without Suarez at the start of the season, Sturridge has been out for a while recently. Somehow they still picked up points. No european football is their biggest advantage

But they've always had at least one of those two.

Suarez 22 goals
Sturridge 11 goals
Gerrard 5 goals
Sterling 3 goals
Skrtl, Coutinho 2 goals
Sakho, Moses, Henderson, Agger, Flanagan 1 goal

Sir Alex Ferguson says six teams, including his beloved Man United, could win the Premier League - but did not name Liverpool as a challenger.

The former Manchester United boss, who is still a director at Old Trafford and has accepted a role as UEFA's coaching ambassador, believes the Red Devils' neighbours Emirates Marketing Project currently look best-placed to claim the title in May, but anticipates a thrilling end to the season.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, he said: "This year for the first time it really looks as if five or six could be involved, so it's a great Premier League.

"It's still not an easy league to win. I think the English game is the most honest and is the hardest league to win in terms of the competition you face. You can lose to anyone.

"You have to say Emirates Marketing Project are playing so well, there is no dispute about that, but the teams at the top at the minute must have a big chance.

"Arsenal must have a big chance. Everyone keeps writing them off, saying they won't last, but we're into the second half of the season and they are still there.

"Then you've got Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham, who are starting to do well.

"United always do well in the second half of the season, so we've got a fantastic league and we should be proud of that."

When asked about United's chances this season, he added: "United can do anything. They have got that great philosophy and history, they will always do well.

"I can watch the team whenever I want and I've really enjoyed it.

"I'm going as a supporter now and instead of suffering with the team, I'm suffering or enjoying it with the fans. I'm really enjoying watching the team play."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9131708/Ferguson-Six-in-title-race

Sir Alex Ferguson says six teams, including his beloved Man United, could win the Premier League - but did not name Liverpool as a challenger.

The former Manchester United boss, who is still a director at Old Trafford and has accepted a role as UEFA's coaching ambassador, believes the Red Devils' neighbours Emirates Marketing Project currently look best-placed to claim the title in May, but anticipates a thrilling end to the season.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, he said: "This year for the first time it really looks as if five or six could be involved, so it's a great Premier League.

"It's still not an easy league to win. I think the English game is the most honest and is the hardest league to win in terms of the competition you face. You can lose to anyone.

"You have to say Emirates Marketing Project are playing so well, there is no dispute about that, but the teams at the top at the minute must have a big chance.

"Arsenal must have a big chance. Everyone keeps writing them off, saying they won't last, but we're into the second half of the season and they are still there.

"Then you've got Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham, who are starting to do well.

"United always do well in the second half of the season, so we've got a fantastic league and we should be proud of that."

When asked about United's chances this season, he added: "United can do anything. They have got that great philosophy and history, they will always do well.

"I can watch the team whenever I want and I've really enjoyed it.

"I'm going as a supporter now and instead of suffering with the team, I'm suffering or enjoying it with the fans. I'm really enjoying watching the team play."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9131708/Ferguson-Six-in-title-race

In fairness in this bbc interview he does mention Liverpool http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25885643

But they've always had at least one of those two.

Suarez 22 goals
Sturridge 11 goals
Gerrard 5 goals
Sterling 3 goals
Skrtl, Coutinho 2 goals
Sakho, Moses, Henderson, Agger, Flanagan 1 goal

Both of them being out at the same time for any significant amount of time isn't all that likely though. No more likely than us getting Soldado and Ade injured at the same time for example. Probably even less considering that Suarez just about never gets injured by the looks of things, apparently being a dingdonghead is good for your ligaments...

I would be concerned if I were a Liverpool fan, given the season they've had compared to us and Utd they really should be a good 10 points clear.

"...the season they've had...".

More like the season they THINK they're having.

I'm careful about what I say regarding Liverpool. It's a karma thing. Back in 'Arry's early days, when he'd just arrived to rescue us from that famous "two points from eight games" scenario, we were about to play Arsenal in what would be a famous and uplifting 4-4 draw. A couple of hours before kickoff, a Liverpool-loving neighbour meets me on the street and stops to chat. We discuss the afternoon's upcoming game.

"Hah! Sucks to be you", he said. Well, fings changed, didn't they?

He's been rather quiet these past few seasons, but started up the chirping after the 5-0 drubbing at WHL. I'll see another Liverpool fan tonight at work. Far more modest and realistic about where both clubs are. I stay humble with both of them and always maintain that if a title race came down to choosing between Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU or Liverpool, I'd take the latter in heartbeat.

But in a race for fourth this season, there can be no sentiment like that.

I can never understand the irrational postings of the average football fan. Over there they believe they are going to stroll it even with their injury crisis (irrational), though over here many usually call a player Jenas when they have an off day and collapse into a self depreciating cycle when we lose (also irrational).

The general feeling on RAWK is that every game is winnable for them, but their rivals are going to struggle against the same opponents for unknown reasons.

Back