• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I actually ventured on to RAWK just to see the reaction after our win v Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Wow. These guys are unreal. All clubs have idiot fans but my word, they have more than most.

They're absolutely in scintillating form going forward no doubt about that. But there is such little respect for us. Don't get me wrong, we don't need their respect, but for a side that hasn't finished above us since Rafa Benitez was actually a decent manager, they have some f*cking nerve to belittle us as some plucky little "****roach that won't die". I quite like it that we rattle them. I think they are concerned all the same. We are sh*t when we play big sides, and they will probably beat us, but we know if we win all our other games we've got a good chance. And that is not beyond us.

I like that we are not playing with the pressure at this stage of a huge lead in the race for fourth. It might actually work in our favour for once.

When the season ends in May, Liverpool will only have played 43 competitive games

Really think they have a massive advantage here in the top 4 race - no end of season tiredness for them thats for sure

Can spend all week concentrating on the league game at the weekend

https://mobile.twitter.com/br_uk/status/436853247605608449

The Premier League's top scorers - in a Cann table. Luis Suarez's lead over the rest becomes clear.pic.twitter.com/pqlyeQ88b7
BhADtrnCcAAi1fs.jpg

In stark contrast to our own strikers...

Adebayor: 8 goals at 124 mins/goal
Soldado: 5 goals at 324 mins/goal
Defoe: 1 goal at 432 mins/goal

@br_uk: Daniel Sturridge's minutes-per-goal rate > Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi, Ibra. (via @TSBible). Good company to be in.
BhQYqSFCYAA1EUF.png:small

In stark contrast to our own strikers...

Adebayor: 8 goals at 124 mins/goal
Soldado: 5 goals at 324 mins/goal
Defoe: 1 goal at 432 mins/goal

@br_uk: Daniel Sturridge's minutes-per-goal rate > Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi, Ibra. (via @TSBible). Good company to be in.
BhQYqSFCYAA1EUF.png:small

Look at how much creativity they have behind them, our most creative player cant even get on the pitch

Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Gerrard.......on another planet compared to what we have.

Yet at the start of the season we expected to see Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho and Chadli all working around Soldado.

People seem to underestimate the job Henderson is doing for them too, he's getting goals and assists right now and Rodgers has him making all the right runs.

Yup, looks like Liverpool' new signings have gelled into a formidable attacking force, rather like we had before it was dismantled.

Can but hope that their form collapses during the run-in and Suarez demands a move...

Thank feck ARSEnal signed Ozil instead of Suarez...

@Squawka: Premier League top scorers and most assists. Luis Suarez top of both.
Bhqkws3CQAAtO8W.png

On the other hand, if arsenal had signed Suarez we'd probably be above Liverpool...

True... although finishing 5th behind the Scousers is slightly less unpalatable a prospect than seeing ARSEnal win the title, which would be a lot more likely if they had (arguably) the league' best player up front instead of Giroud...

Living in the north west, I've been bombarded with abuse from Liverpool fans this season. Surprising considering the majority of them I had no idea followed football, and secondly, I am not exactly vocal about bigging up Spurs, for inevitably the wheels begin to come off, so didn't exactly warrant the wind up.

However, since being the subject of their ridicule I began to scrutinise their team. Can't knock a lot of what they have done this year, but it is massively down to being in no European tournament and knocked out of cups early on. At the end of the season Liverpool will have played 43 games in total. Suarez was banned for I think 6 or 8 of these, so in essence he has played one full Premier League season, and no more. Next season, in Europe, after a World Cup he won't be able to perform to the standard he set this year every game. He will have fatigue to contend with, and often 2 games a week.
Gerrard is similar. At his age, he will begin to feel the 2 games a week and the wheels will come off.

If Rodgers buys well, they could be in a similarly strong position next season. However the team still needs improving before the squad can be embellished upon. The whole back line is suspect bar Agger, who has consistent injury troubles. Toure and Skrtel have been shown to be left wanting on many occasions. Rodgers record of buying players isn't exactly the best. Coutinho, who's been patchy and inconsistent but undoubtedly has quality and Sturridge aside, he hasn't made many good signings. Aspas? Joe Allen? Kolo Toure?

Say they get to the Champions League, 5 years without Europe means their co-efficient ranking has suffered. I think I recall they will be in the pot for the 3rd team drawn for the groups. That is if they get to the group stages. Lower co-efficient means a harder draw to qualify.

Living in the north west, I've been bombarded with abuse from Liverpool fans this season. Surprising considering the majority of them I had no idea followed football, and secondly, I am not exactly vocal about bigging up Spurs, for inevitably the wheels begin to come off, so didn't exactly warrant the wind up.

However, since being the subject of their ridicule I began to scrutinise their team. Can't knock a lot of what they have done this year, but it is massively down to being in no European tournament and knocked out of cups early on. At the end of the season Liverpool will have played 43 games in total. Suarez was banned for I think 6 or 8 of these, so in essence he has played one full Premier League season, and no more. Next season, in Europe, after a World Cup he won't be able to perform to the standard he set this year every game. He will have fatigue to contend with, and often 2 games a week.
Gerrard is similar. At his age, he will begin to feel the 2 games a week and the wheels will come off.

If Rodgers buys well, they could be in a similarly strong position next season. However the team still needs improving before the squad can be embellished upon. The whole back line is suspect bar Agger, who has consistent injury troubles. Toure and Skrtel have been shown to be left wanting on many occasions. Rodgers record of buying players isn't exactly the best. Coutinho, who's been patchy and inconsistent but undoubtedly has quality and Sturridge aside, he hasn't made many good signings. Aspas? Joe Allen? Kolo Toure?

Say they get to the Champions League, 5 years without Europe means their co-efficient ranking has suffered. I think I recall they will be in the pot for the 3rd team drawn for the groups. That is if they get to the group stages. Lower co-efficient means a harder draw to qualify.

I think Pool is punching vastly above their weight this season based on a number of "lucky" circumstances all happening in same season

- Only one of the top 6 teams other than the Scum (and look at their position) , starting and continuing season with established manager and squad in place
- No European commitment, out of cups relatively early
- Gerrard's injury (actually felt they played some of their best football without him)
- Suarez having the season of his life

Next season could be very interesting for them

- Critical they retain Suarez (which may be this summer's media circus)
- They need to buy 3-5 quality players
- They already have some debt and significant wages

Keep Suarez, add 2 top quality players, they might be back as top 4 regulars

Lose Saurez and/or fail to strengthen properly, it could all fade very quickly for them.

Don't know why you boys are downplaying their achievements, I'd kill for Spurs to be playing the kind of football they are and be involved in a title race with ten games left.

I think they deserve lots of credit, actually. They were in the **** mire as recently as 2011 when they had those two Cowboys sapping the life and soul and money out of the club. Roy Hodgson was their manager too. :D then Dalglish went in and did well at first but blatantly didn't have the knowhow to be a success in this era of management and together with Comolli made two or three expensive bad signings (Carroll, Downing, Adam) which set them back further.

Then they took a risk with Rodgers, showed patience when he was struggling to get results but playing decent footy last season and they hit the jackpot with two signings. Went from being a team with nice build up play but no cutting edge to a team with more cutting edge than anyone in the country, largely due to Rodgers' style of play but also Suarez, the signings of Sturridge and Coutinho and the development of Sterling.

You compare it with us in the last few years and you've got to either laugh or cry. We were in SUCH a strong position, were miles better than Arsenal in 2011/12 but somehow, some ****ing way threw away Champions League football to them and then sacked our best manager in the PL era for a guy who had flopped hard at Chelsea months previously. He was no success here, it was a bad decision unlike Rodgers (who I clamoured for along with Martinez in summer 2012) for them.

This season is just the result of their rapid improvement and our sudden drop.

You can argue all day and night that they have had less fixtures than us but that's such a bull**** argument IMO and very desperate, I hate when our fans do it, it's embarrassing. I WANT my team to be playing European football, it's not a 'distraction'. They've had less fixtures which helps their preparation for league games but conversely we shat £100m up the wall, give or take, this summer so have a perfectly fine squad of players (money wise) that should be good enough to field two teams and deal with Euro football.

In 2009/10 we took Liverpool's Champions League place and pipped Emirates Marketing Project but I don't remember either of their set of fans bemoaning our lack of extra games as a reason for it, they accepted we had been better than them. Which is why I hate all this moaning about our fixture congestion, I guarantee we wouldn't be in the top 4 even if we had had less games because we just aren't very good.

The annoying thing is it will be tougher than ever to break in to the top 4 next season. Chelsea and City will be even stronger, Liverpool will keep their best players and no doubt add to strengthen their defence and squad, scum will definitely add a superior striker and are unlikely to be without Walcott/Ramsey for as long, Man United will spend lots in the summer and possibly even upgrade their manager.

Let's just stop making excuses though please. It smacks of desperation and is pretty sad. We are where we are cos we've been badly run and made some horrendous decisions. Liverpool are where they are playing football in an exciting way with a young British manager.

Liverpool are not at risk of being prevented from playing in Europe next season despite potentially falling foul of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations by posting losses totalling £90m in the past two financial years.

Full story: the Times (subscription required)

Is there any point to these rules?

of course there is a point, gave the suits another chance to live in a hotel for 2 weeks dining and drinking like pharoahs

Our most prolific strikeforce in the Premier League remain Klinsmann and Sheringham back in 1994/95 who scored 39 goals between them, 21 for Jurgen and 18 for Teddy.

@premierleague: DEADLY DUOS - Luis Suarez & Daniel Sturridge sit joint-7th on the list of most prolific partnerships in a #BPL season pic.twitter.com/Hk7k71jgEm
BisjoUGIAAA9EI_.png

Back