• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has identified 29-year-old Wolves midfielder Karl Henry as the man to add experience to his side in the summer.

Full story: the Guardian
OTHER GOSSIP

LOL LOL LOL!!

i simply love what mcleish is doing with villa, it's quite hilarious.

What strikers are on the market who we can realistically get??

Emmanuel Adebayor - unlikely considering his wage demands but worth a punt

Dimitar Berbatov - SAF has indicated if his price is met they'd consider offers

Fernando Llorente - before 8 June, possibly the most difficult of all

Edinson Cavani - if Napoli SCC fail to make 3rd in Serie A

Last edited:
Not the most reliable source, but anyway...

Tottenham beat Arsenal to signing ?ú8.1m Vertonghen
Belgian centre-back has told Ajax he wants to move to White Hart Lane and the deal is expected to be agreed by end of the week

Tottenham have beaten Arsenal in the race to sign Jan Vertonghen and expect to reach agreement with his club Ajax by the end of the week, Goal.com has learned.

Vertonghen has chosen Spurs ahead of Arsene Wenger’s team and the north Londoners are in advanced negotiations with the Dutch giants over a deal that is likely to be settled at around ?ú8.1million.

There is even a possibility that Vertonghen will fly to London within the next few days to be shown around Tottenham’s new Enfield training headquarters, where they will move permanently in the summer.

It is understood that the defender, who was named Eredivisie player of the year, wants to join Spurs irrespective of whether they play in next season’s Champions League.

“Vertonghen has made his mind up and his move to Spurs could all be agreed within the next few days,” a source told Goal.com.

It will come as a blow to Arsenal, who have been tracking the Belgian centre-back for two years and had earmarked him as one of their primary defensive targets this summer.

But Vertonghen has settled on Spurs because he believes he will be able to play more regularly in his favourite centre-back position for a Champions League calibre club.

The 25-year-old is often pushed out to left-back or central midfield when he plays for the Belgium national team because of the presence of Vincent Kompany and his friend and former Ajax team-mate Thomas Vermaelen.

Vertonghen has a year remaining on his Ajax contract and has spoken in recent days of his desire to tie up a move to the Premier League at the start of the transfer window.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy made a formal move for Vertonghen last week after failing to land him in the January window.

“Tottenham are absolutely my favourite," the defender told De Telegraaf. "Tottenham is a fantastic football club that has the tradition I want. They buy young, eager, offensive-minded players.

“[But] the Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in year. I trust that both Tottenham and Ajax will put some water in the wine and they will soon reach an agreement.

“I hope that this awareness is there, because a transfer lingering for weeks like Maarten Stekelenburg's [to Roma] seems very harsh.

“He joined at the end of Roma's preparation [for the new season]. I want to be able to blend in with the other players at Spurs from the start [of pre-season training].”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...tenham-beat-arsenal-to-signing-81m-vertonghen

What strikers are on the market who we can realistically get??

Olivier Giroud, Loic Remy, Alvaro Negredo, Demba Ba, Dimitar Berbatov, John Guidetti, Leandro Damiao, Luuk de Jong, Bas Dost, Mario Mandzukic, Stefan Kiessling, Andre Schurrle, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Abel Hernandez, Fred, Diego Milito, Steven Fletcher, Lacina Traore, Dirk Kuijt, Oscar Cardozo, Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
Luc Castaignos, Andriy Yarmolenko, Nelson Oliveira, Peniel Mlapa, Pierre-Michel Lasogga, Jordan Rhodes.
Romelu Lukaku on loan?
Salomon Kalou on a free transfer.

We missed out on Eren Derdiyok who has signed for Hoffenheim

Fernando Llorente - before 8 June, possible the most difficult of all

Edinson Cavani - if Napoli SCC fail to make 3rd in Serie A

Are they realistic?
Might as well add Falcao and Higuain if we're going for the absolute best and most wanted strikers around

Are they realistic?
Might as well add Falcao and Higuain if we're going for the absolute best and most wanted strikers around

Llorente was flying under the radar in a top 8 Spanish club for around 4 seasons already and only became known to the masses and fanboys this season during his EL exposure and most imortantly - his Man Utd performances seen by millions. He's always been a very good striker.

Cavani's mention is based on the assumption they fail to make 3rd and subsequent CL qualification

Last edited:
Llorente is a big name now though, will be interest from everyone.
Same with Cavani. It's the strikers I'd like most of all to have at Spurs, but I just can't see it.
Will be 25m+ players at least, with wages above 100k

From the BBC rumours page:

So we'll have the "controversy" of Terry's ommission, putting Roy on the back foot and adding pressure to the starting CB's. Then one will get injured or make a bad mistake, and Roy will be asked if not taking Terry was a mistake. Roy loses his cool a bit at the question (and Roy does very occasionally get prickly). 3rd choice CB in for next game...big pressure.

Something like that is the stuff that always happens.
Because of the media wanting Redknapp, Roy will be chastised for taking Terry or chastised for not taking Terry.

I made it up

You lazy bastard. Have you not seen ITK before?

a) Your milkman's next door neighbour is having an affair with the stepbrother of Hazard's agent.
b) You have sources you can't reveal for some reason.
c) Put in a broken link: http://www.goal.com/this-brick-isnt-a-real-link-you-idiot

Woy, not Roy... what's the matter with you people, don't you wead the Soaraway Sun?

Last edited:
Not allowed to sign for another club till January anyway.

Not true as I understand it. A "new season" starts every July 1st. In every season a club can be registered for two clubs, not more. That's why he could sign in January for Saudi Sportswashing Machine but he couldn't have signed for say first Chelsea last July and then Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January. In July though he can find a new club again. I.e. clean slate every July 1st.

Danish BBC radio claims, that Utd keeper Lindegaard is talking to us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool and Everton.

Nothing on their web yet.

King had a lot of issues with his game at Caulker's age as well,
wasn't untill Naybet joined and King approach mid 20s that he truely stepped up to world class.
Lots of people on here was positive to sell King so we could finance a more experienced option like Southgate.

hmmm........this is so not true IMO

I'm:

2 x #9s (Ade and a more goalscoring back-up/competition)

A wide right forward who can play RW or as a 3rd choice #9

A quick, cultured, left-sided CB (Vertonghen seems to fit the bill nicely)

A GK (less of a priority this window, but needs addressing)

this is me exactly too

[]Olivier Giroud, Loic Remy], Alvaro Negredo[/], Demba Ba, Dimitar Berbatov,]John Guidetti[/B],]Leandro Damiao[/B], Luuk de Jong, Bas Dost, Mario Mandzukic, Stefan Kiessling, Andre Schurrle, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Abel Hernandez, Fred, Diego Milito, Steven Fletcher, Lacina Traore, Dirk Kuijt, Oscar Cardozo, Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
]Luc Castaignos[], []Andriy Yarmolenko[], Nelson Oliveira, Peniel Mlapa,]Pierre-Michel Lasogga[], Jordan Rhodes.
Romelu Lukaku on loan?
Salomon Kalou on a free transfer.

We missed out on Eren Derdiyok who has signed for Hoffenheim

Sorry, just to say that if a player has signed for Hoffenheim, then we didn't "miss out" on him. A player at that level would not sign for a small, mid-table German team if a Top 4 EPL team wanted him. Which means clearly we didn't want him.

Sorry to be pedantic, but language matters and to say we "missed out" suggests some shortcoming on the part of Spurs in transfer dealings that clearly isn't applicable here.

Back