• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I know what you're saying,but Arsenal arent guaranteed CL football and they have already got Podolski. I know they have more pulling power, but Chelsea may not be in it either next season, yet they have signed Marin.

I'm hoping we've done some behind-the-scenes prelim talks and if things go our way this Sunday or next Saturday, we might see an early signing. (Not holding my breath though....)

One we can affect directly, the other we can't. We've blown the chance to get more than seventy points this season, but a win will still suffice for us to finish in the top four. Only a win, mind. Then everyone get your lederhosen out and start practising your 'Fich dich Chelsea' chants.

With Caulker, Kaboul and maybe Verthongen, I think Daws is in trouble. Indeed, I think Gallas has another year in him and really is very good. Would question Daws' Spurs future if all that comes to pass in all honesty.

I know what you're saying,but Arsenal arent guaranteed CL football and they have already got Podolski. I know they have more pulling power, but Chelsea may not be in it either next season, yet they have signed Marin.

I'm hoping we've done some behind-the-scenes prelim talks and if things go our way this Sunday or next Saturday, we might see an early signing. (Not holding my breath though....)

To be fair Podolski and Marin aren't exactly great players. They aren't signings that title challengers would make - neither would trouble our starting 11 IMO.

With Caulker, Kaboul and maybe Verthongen, I think Daws is in trouble. Indeed, I think Gallas has another year in him and really is very good. Would question Daws' Spurs future if all that comes to pass in all honesty.

You need at least 4, ideally 5 senior CBs.

There's also the balance of Kaboul and Dawson being physical CBs, with Verthongen and Caulker being more cultured.

Sign Verthongen, bring back Caulker and Naughton, sell Bassong (maybe Corluka), and let King and Nelson go when their contracts finish in June and our defence will be in excellent shape for next season.

Our CBs tend to get injured frequently so I've no doubt that Daws will get his chance next season at some stage.

We also have the Bruno Uvini chap too but he might not be the real deal. Anybody heard how this guy's progressed?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine FC Official Statement

An erroneous story which has been circulated this evening by Steve Goodman, regarding Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker Patinkle Cisse and Real Madrid, is taken from a recent interview Patinkle conducted with LÔÇÖEquipe.

In the article, Mr Goodman states that Patinkle has issued a ÔÇ£come and get meÔÇØ appeal to Real Madrid. This statement is utterly untrue.

In the interview with LÔÇÖEquipe, Patinkle responded to a question about Real Madrid to say that he has admired the club since he was young. This in no way constitutes a ÔÇÿcome and get meÔÇÖ plea.

Mr Goodman further claims that Patinkle ÔÇÿinsisted he hopes to join them [Real Madrid]ÔÇÿ. Patinkle has never made such a statement and refutes the suggestion in the strongest possible terms.

The player is completely committed to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and is not interested in anything other than ensuring he and the team finish the season as strongly as possible.

The matter is now in the hands of the playerÔÇÖs legal representatives

Anyone heard that Moratti (the Preisdent of Inter Milan) has come out and said on live TV that van Persie has pretty much signed for Inter Milan for ?ú34m plus add ons.

Anyone heard that Moratti (the Preisdent of Inter Milan) has come out and said on live TV that van Persie has pretty much signed for Inter Milan for ?ú34m plus add ons.

I cant imagine that RVP will go to Italy. Then again what do I know. I just dont think there are many options - Real, Barca, Man bricky - are the three I would think of which only Barca wouldnt want him.

34 mil ? if that's true how the fudge do Arsenal manage to get some much for players with 1 year on their contract ? 34 for RVP and 22 for Nasri

I forgot to mention

I want us to get Villa from Barca. I know he is injured but I think Barca will go for someone else.

Lille attacker Eden Hazard, 21, has dropped the biggest hint yet about his preferred Premier League destination, with his declaration that he will "definitely" be wearing blue next season, shortening the odds on a move to Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Navy blue?? Short sited c.nts!!!

Apparently Hazard's destined for City but the negotiations have stuttered slightly due to his wage demmands!? We got absolutely no hope if City are reluctant to meet these demmands... Theyll buy him tho simply to stop him going to the red half

From the BBC rumours page:

Chelsea defender John Terry could be the surprise omission from new manager Roy Hodgson's England squad for Euro 2012.

So we'll have the "controversy" of Terry's ommission, putting Roy on the back foot and adding pressure to the starting CB's. Then one will get injured or make a bad mistake, and Roy will be asked if not taking Terry was a mistake. Roy loses his cool a bit at the question (and Roy does very occasionally get prickly). 3rd choice CB in for next game...big pressure.

Something like that is the stuff that always happens.

Jan Vertonghen has revealed he is desperate to join Tottenham but fears Ajax could price him out of a move to north London.

The Belgium defender is one of Spurs’ top transfer targets for next season and they have already opened talks with his club.

Vertonghen, who Ajax value between ?ú10million and ?ú12m, has made Tottenham his first choice and has pleaded with his club not to place obstacles in his path, especially as his deal expires next summer. Spurs’ offer is likely to be about ?ú7m.

“Tottenham are absolutely my favourite,” the defender told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. “But the Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in a year. I trust that Tottenham and Ajax will soon reach an agreement.”

The 25-year-old joined Ajax as a youth player in 2003 and made his first‑team debut three years later.

“I owe much to Ajax but I’ve always given my whole heart and soul to the club,” he said. “My appreciation for the club and the fans is great. It would be terrible if my farewell is marred or distorted because Ajax [are stubborn] with the asking price.”

“Of course I want Ajax to gain financially, but the amount that Tottenham want to pay, I think — perhaps with a little extra — is very reasonable. Next year I can leave for free.”

Here is a trnslation nicked from SC.

Vertonghen hopes Ajax will co-operate.

Jan Vertonghen (25) presumes he has played his last game for Ajax. Tottenham is his preferred choice, said the Telesport Player Of The Year. The Belgian hopes that his employer will be more co-operative in the coming days.
The Amsterdam club want to receive more than 12 million Euro. "The board is asking too high an amount for a player that has one year left of his contract" claims Vertonghen as well as his agent Mustapha Nakhli - with respect to Ajax, these are not very realistic amounts.

In other countries they tend to look at the remaining length of a contract and I am also not as well known abroad as I am in Holland. I count on it that Tottenham and Ajax can compromise and come to terms together, said the defender. I have a lot to thank Ajax for, but I have given my all for them. My appreciation for the club and its supporters is huge. I would find it awful if my farewell would be tainted by fraud relations, just because Ajax is keeping firm on the high asking price.
Of course I want Ajax to benefit financially, but the price Tottenham is willing to pay, seems to be - with a little extra - very reasonable. Next year i could leave for free.

I hope they will take that into consideration, because a transfer wrangle like the long saga with Maarten Stekelenburg is the last thing I want.He only joined AS Roma near the end of their season preparations. I want to fit in, start at the same time as the other players at Spurs. That his future lies in North London is something that the smiling Belgian is sure of.
Tottenham is a fantastic traditional club, that plays football the way I like to play it. Ajax was a perfect club for me, but Spurs is getting close to that style now. They buy young, eager, attack minded players.

rickie lambert, ola toivonen, tim matavz, andy keogh, billy sharp, adebayor, berbatov, derdyok, emnes, jendrisek.. etc etc

Lille attacker Eden Hazard, 21, has dropped the biggest hint yet about his preferred Premier League destination, with his declaration that he will "definitely" be wearing blue next season, shortening the odds on a move to Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea.

Full story: Daily Mirror

In-demand Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has urged the Amsterdam side not to price him out of a move to Tottenham.

Full story: Daily Telegraph
Yann M'Vila

M'Vila has made 36 Ligue 1 appearances this season

Arsenal have agreed a fee of around ?ú17m with Rennes for 21-year-old anchorman Yann M'Vila. The deal is set to be concluded at the end of the season.

Full story: Metro

The Gunners' spending could continue with the acquisition of Swansea goalkeeper Michel Vorm.

Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool are set to revive their interest in Dutchman Eljero Elia, who they first tracked when he was at Hamburg. The 25-year-old attacker has failed to settle at Juventus and is keen to leave Italy in search of first-team football.

Full story: talkSPORT

Everton left-back Leighton Baines, 27, is a summer target for both Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has identified 29-year-old Wolves midfielder Karl Henry as the man to add experience to his side in the summer.

Full story: the Guardian
OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea defender John Terry could be the surprise omission from new manager Roy Hodgson's England squad for Euro 2012.

West Brom are in talks with former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss Claudio Ranieri to replace England-bound Hodgson.

Wolves caretaker boss Terry Connor could get the job on a permanent basis after having a formal interview for the post.

Full story: Express and Star
AND FINALLY

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso, who spent five seasons at Liverpool before moving to the Bernabeu, kept boss Jose Mourinho, formerly Chelsea's manager, informed on how their old teams were getting on in Saturday's FA Cup final, despite Real being in the midst of a league match away to Malaga. Alonso, named as a substitute, kept abreast of the latest score via his mobile phone on the bench.

Full story: Metro

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has made a cameo appearance in French singer Julia Channel's music video.

Full story: 101 Great Goals

Back