• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

People go on about him because he has big guns and he has a game fit for decent YouTube editing

His lack of goals and assists despite his pace speaks so loudly about him that even the pinball wizard can hear it and work out that he is wasteful and an "OK" player.

No more no less

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
Yep and we already have a player that runs, Moura and he is more output than him, which isn't saying much

Yet @scaramanga @djp82 Traore was the difference maker. Closest we had was Poro. Almost scored twice. No doubt Poro is less of an enigma than Traore and more stable/consistent, but he doesn’t have the pace to get around and behind a fullback either.

A little unfortunate today. Kane, Son, Poro all could have scored with greater precision.

We are missing Conte. They had a proper manager gee them up at half time and rebalance their side, we came up without any fresh ideas and faded.

Although it was not the world beating display I predicted. I did have a feeling Traore would make the difference today, it was always on the cards with Tottenham rolling into town

Yet @scaramanga @djp82 Traore was the difference maker. Closest we had was Poro. Almost scored twice. No doubt Poro is less of an enigma than Traore and more stable/consistent, but he doesn’t have the pace to get around and behind a fullback either.

A little unfortunate today. Kane, Son, Poro all could have scored with greater precision.

We are missing Conte. They had a proper manager gee them up at half time and rebalance their side, we came up without any fresh ideas and faded.

Dont fool yourself, Conte may not be there but he is still pulling the strings. Time for us to re calibrate. Get a young dynamic progressive manager. Stop buying overpriced and overrated foreign players. All our big buys have been flops - Soldado, NDombele, Sanchez, LoCelso, Richalison and now Porro. How much money have we wasted on that lot. Plus useless managers from Mourinho, Nunes and Conte. Boring defensive managers . Not our style at all. Get rid and start again with totally new coaching and recruitment teams.

Traore had acres of space to run into, how do you think he'd have fared against a low block.

Players like that always look good in teams for whom a draw is often a good result.

The team who see things are not working makes 5 changes, wins. What a shock!

The team who see things are not working, dilly dallies, leaves it too late, loses. Well I never!

Could see PEH fading badly - and after 3 games in a week, that is no surprise. Sarr on for PEH on the hour and I think we’d have drawn or won.

Traore had acres of space to run into, how do you think he'd have fared against a low block.

Players like that always look good in teams for whom a draw is often a good result.

Did we get to the line and cut the ball back once? Maybe once Perisic did, but we almost never got in behind them. We do lack a bit of pace to get around and behind the defence. If you have a player capable of beating the fullback, you can put men in the box to attack the pull-back.

Anyway this is all speculation. What we know is we didn’t have a difference maker today, they did. That’s what won them the points.

re the above comments about Conte being gone on Thurs or next Sun: no chance he'd be fired before the summer

more generally: we're still in the process of the rebuild so results like today will happen (they'll also happen to teams going for the title). We still need a new GK, two CBs, Udogie to arrive and another creative option. We'll get most of those this summer I suspect so whoever is manager next season should have a decent squad to run with. In the meantime we'll get some poor results

All that said, I agree with the comments about lack of subs and the bizarre continued selections of Son and Perisic

I’m so glad I didn’t waste a minute of my life watching this. To my fellow gg-ers, feel your feelings, kiss your wife/husband/dog/knob and enjoy the rest of rest of your day as much as possible.

Likewise. The hassle of finding a stream and watching a depressing 90 mins wasnt worth it.

I have two daughters and spending time with them is more valuable, particularly given I'm away with work next week

Also means that I'm not grouchy this evening having got frustrated watching Spurs

Did we get to the line and cut the ball back once? Maybe once Perisic did, but we almost never got in behind them. We do lack a bit of pace to get around and behind the defence. If you have a player capable of beating the fullback, you can put men in the box to attack the pull-back.

Anyway this is all speculation. What we know is we didn’t have a difference maker today, they did. That’s what won them the points.
How do you get behind a defence that doesn't come out? Pace won't do it.

Players that are really good at getting the ball past deep defences:
Modric, De Bruyne, Dembele, etc.

None of them are remotely similar to Traore in style.

Edit:

Yes we put the ball in from positions like that at least as often as they did, but it's an incredibly low return method of creating chances. Last resort of a team out of good ideas, see Moyes at Utd.

Screenshot_20230304_182431_Chrome.jpg

How do you get behind a defence that doesn't come out? Pace won't do it.

Players that are really good at getting the ball past deep defences:
Modric, De Bruyne, Dembele, etc.

None of them are remotely similar to Traore in style.
He gets to the byline as in a foot race there are few better, but let's be real here, 2 goals and 1 assist tell you that he is absolutely tosh there after.

I pity the fool that would wanna have him at Spurs

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Back