• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

Like wise. I’d have kept Bissouma as the deep CM, kept Sarr as RCM and played with Lo Celso or Bentancur as LCM in Maddison’s place.

——-Biss——
Sarr———GLC/R Bent

No great change to the balance of the midfield then.
Pretty much where GLC played in the pre-season game over here in Oz and he looked good.

Lets be realistic though, there was no way we were ever going to go through the entire season with no injuries or serious suspensions. So I disagree with you, hes perfectly entitled to essential say 'I told you so,' because he was right. The injuries would come as would the suspensions.

Not likely but nor is it unheard of especially when you're playing a game a week, we've seen it happen a couple of times over the last decade. Having it all land within a ten minute spell is rotten luck and not something you'd be expecting to happen - It's the type of thing that could derail a genuine title contender, never mind a team hoping for good luck to be in with a chance.

Regardless no one was putting their rooster on the line saying we'd be challenging no matter what life threw at us.

I'm massively depressed with that.

Romero gets a chunk of blame from me for today too, two moments of idiocy and our season has completely blown up.

Ange needs a plan B, it's all well and good playing pretty football when the opposition are brick, but points matter more, you'll get games like this week where you have to NOT play football. He needs to learn quick or he won't survive the season.

We've seen with Hojberg in the past he struggles when people put pressure on him, he seems to panic and lose it.

He has a habit of just switching off and losing runners as well.

He needs upgrading.

Losing runners, how many goals have been conceded to players that he is standing five yards from and is supposed to be tracking, even the winner today, lemina was beside him at the halfway line and PEH jogged behind him all the way to the box.
He's done it under every manager, I don't get it.

I'm massively depressed with that.

Romero gets a chunk of blame from me for today too, two moments of idiocy and our season has completely blown up.

Ange needs a plan B, it's all well and good playing pretty football when the opposition are brick, but points matter more, you'll get games like this week where you have to NOT play football. He needs to learn quick or he won't survive the season.
Is this you taking what you probably see as the one positive today, the opportunity for you to double down on your macaronic comments when you were tinkled out of your head on Monday night?

Reactions: DTA
Is this you taking what you probably see as the one positive today, the opportunity for you to double down on your macaronic comments when you were tinkled out of your head on Monday night?

You think he'll still be in a job if we throw away leads like this another 15 times?

We know how Levy treats things, you don't get long if the results go south.

There are no positives today or this week.

The collective performance was poor, as expected but a few players did fairly well. I think Royal gave a good account of himself and so did Davies. Of course, they're not very well suited to Postecoglou's system but I don't think you can blame their performance.

Kulusevski and Porro make for a decent pairing on the right hand side and Johnson offers something different on the left.

The central midfield area didn't work but we're missing a very important player there; one that we can't really replace. Quite frankly, I don't think a draw would have been an unfair result. It's a shame we couldn't hang onto a point but I'm still looking forward to the next game. It wasn't as one-sided as I feared and with a bit of tweaking, we might be able to get something out of the Villa game (if they have an off-day, that is!).

The collective performance was poor, as expected but a few players did fairly well. I think Royal gave a good account of himself and so did Davies. Of course, they're not very well suited to Postecoglou's system but I don't think you can blame their performance.

Kulusevski and Porro make for a decent pairing on the right hand side and Johnson offers something different on the left.

The central midfield area didn't work but we're missing a very important player there; one that we can't really replace. Quite frankly, I don't think a draw would have been an unfair result. It's a shame we couldn't hang onto a point but I'm still looking forward to the next game. It wasn't as one-sided as I feared and with a bit of tweaking, we might be able to get something out of the Villa game (if they have an off-day, that is!).
Yep getting Udogie back will help and imo its critical we start using Lo Celso in the Maddison role.

I’d also like to see Philips start.

You think he'll still be in a job if we throw away leads like this another 15 times?

We know how Levy treats things, you don't get long if the results go south.

There are no positives today or this week.
The chairman sacks a manager due to the toxicity from the fans. If all the fans are backing Ange and we end up finishing 8th he will still be in a job in the summer. Its the beginning of a rebuild ffs and we have 3 of our best players out and our only left back also out. You really need to chill out as your expectations are clearly well unrealistic.

It seemed an odd choice to play Sarr out of his usual position. It felt unbalanced to me, especially given that we only had one of our first choice back four playing.

Oh well. On we go.

The chairman sacks a manager due to the toxicity from the fans. If all the fans are backing Ange and we end up finishing 8th he will still be in a job in the summer. Its the beginning of a rebuild ffs and we have 3 of our best players out and our only left back also out. You really need to chill out as your expectations are clearly well unrealistic.

My expectations are that we’ll play smart football, maximise our PPG and finish as high as we possibly can.

I'm more annoyed at this! I think mainly cos after we self imploded on Monday, granted. We put in a good account of ourselves. Today not do much. And just livid cos last 10min were like how crap can we be??

We didn't lose this game today, we lost this game on Monday night with 20 mins of ill discipline.
But ange will now have a better idea of what we need and who he can rely on.
It's a minor miracle that he's got us where we are already, just think where we could be in a year.

Back