• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

Not a coincidence on first showing with dier, davies and holberg we succumb to the same poor football that plagued Mourinho and Conte. Heck even Ange tried to keep them out for as long as he could.

We are not financed enough to compete - when we had toby and verts - we went through 3 windows without improving the team and kept on the likes of dier and davies. Now that THFC is worth 4 billion at least, surely Enic can see the potential in increasing their cash injection and equity share to invest in better players - especially those that have been with us consistentaly with the decline in performance over the years.

Yeah i get it Dier and Davies are nice guys. I don't get the servant of the club thing as I'd be one if they paid me to be playing poor football. We really need upgrades on the bench to the level where we can compete for Europe. Is that too much to ask?

Idk anything about this or who this guy is but why are you 1 bringing up some random guy on youtube and 2 describing someone as ‘solid’ who presumably you have never met and is again just some random guy on youtube.

All very weird on the back of what has been one surreal week!
It’s bad enough listening to pundits (usually ex-footballers with a decent amount of experience/knowledge) nevermind random YouTubers!

Here come the bumps. Up to us as fans to not get carried away in either direction. 12 games into a long-term project and we’re already ahead of schedule.
Some of my mates have flipped already
I think the timing of when we conceded today hurts a lot more than a “conventional” defeat
It’s just perception but our fans can really change quickly despite hailing the obvious improvements

Not a coincidence on first showing with dier, davies and holberg we succumb to the same poor football that plagued Mourinho and Conte. Heck even Ange tried to keep them out for as long as he could.

We are not financed enough to compete - when we had toby and verts - we went through 3 windows without improving the team and kept on the likes of dier and davies. Now that THFC is worth 4 billion at least, surely Enic can see the potential in increasing their cash injection and equity share to invest in better players - especially those that have been with us consistentaly with the decline in performance over the years.

Yeah i get it Dier and Davies are nice guys. I don't get the servant of the club thing as I'd be one if they paid me to be playing poor football. We really need upgrades on the bench to the level where we can compete for Europe. Is that too much to ask?
What did Davies do wrong today?

Thought he and Dier were decent albeit Dier was poor for the second. The biggest problem was in midfield for me and that’s not all on Hojbjerg albeit he wasn’t great. We had 2 shots on target and one of them was in the third minute. We never had any control of the game at all either in terms of possession or making life difficult for them. The lack of creativity comes down to Maddison for me. You could question Ange’s selection of PEH over Bentancur or GLC but Bentancur doesn’t look match fit to me. Bissouma was also pretty poor.

Yeah Dier could have done better. Ange could have done better. PEH could have done better. Bissouma could have done better.

But what we’re seeing is a pretty light squad being stretched to its limits by circumstance.

Thought he and Dier were decent albeit Dier was poor for the second. The biggest problem was in midfield for me and that’s not all on Hojbjerg albeit he wasn’t great. We had 2 shots on target and one of them was in the third minute. We never had any control of the game at all either in terms of possession or making life difficult for them. The lack of creativity comes down to Maddison for me. You could question Ange’s selection of PEH over Bentancur or GLC but Bentancur doesn’t look match fit to me. Bissouma was also pretty poor.

Yeah Dier could have done better. Ange could have done better. PEH could have done better. Bissouma could have done better.

But what we’re seeing is a pretty light squad being stretched to its limits by circumstance.

Same as the Fulham cup game, too many of the longer serving players can't or won't adapt.
All our good play came through Porro, kulu and brennan, players comfortable with each other and the system.
Even with the injuries and suspensions some of these players won't get too many other chances.

We could control the midfield if we had a player in the Maddison role
today we didn’t
there was a gaping hole for someone who would get the ball and control the tempo
it was a frenetic game and it suited them to chase us
they were very good too
but IMO Ange got it wrong with his selection. Thought it before the game and more is watching
the defence was under a lot of pressure which again, couldn have been relived with players in midfield keeping the ball IMO

Davies was very good. He was a real worry for me but he didn’t really pot a foot wrong

He was at fault for the first and I'm pretty sure it was his man for the second.

fudged up a basic pass straight out of play and then turned his back on the resulting cross then for the second let the Wolves guy run straight in behind him without a seconds thought.

Shame as he'd have come out the game with some credit had he seen out the last 10 minutes

On multiple reviews we were neither brave enough to play offside or strong enough to resist the cross. Two-minds land.

Last edited:
Don’t know about the first, Davies was 5 yards behind the defensive line playing everyone onside. We’d need to know what instructions tte back 4 were given to know who that’s on, but looks like Davies isn’t on the same wavelength to the other players there.

That was what I concluded having re-watched it several times.

I love our relentless high press, but we're so clumsy, always making freekicks. Inevitable to a degree of course, but I'd rather we just press and not commit stupid fouls that would then force a turnover rather than always stick out a foot and make a freekick like we do again and again and again.

Royal had comfortable control of the ball and chances to pass up field, he got dispossessed and we conceded. fudging hopeless.
I've always had serious doubts about Royal and I still do. Even more so now.
He's simply not a good enough footballer and he can't defend as well as people think on here.
Btw , I thought he was shocking for their second goal.

Its not about bottling we just have some brick players. This will happen when they have to play. The start to the season was due to the additional quality the 4 players we are missing today brought.

Ultimately, our issues are as predicted after the window closed. We have 0 depth of quality.

Why we took Sarr off and left Hojberg on to stink up the place I don't know.
Couldn't understand Sarr coming off. With Bissouma out of sorts hes the only one I feel will keep possession plus his work rate as well. Baffling sub.

Here come the bumps. Up to us as fans to not get carried away in either direction. 12 games into a long-term project and we’re already ahead of schedule.

Exactly that, at the end of the day I don't think given what I've seen so far in all this that Ange will be defined by Wolves away. I doubt we will even remark on it in due time

The collective performance was poor, as expected but a few players did fairly well. I think Royal gave a good account of himself and so did Davies. Of course, they're not very well suited to Postecoglou's system but I don't think you can blame their performance.

Kulusevski and Porro make for a decent pairing on the right hand side and Johnson offers something different on the left.

The central midfield area didn't work but we're missing a very important player there; one that we can't really replace. Quite frankly, I don't think a draw would have been an unfair result. It's a shame we couldn't hang onto a point but I'm still looking forward to the next game. It wasn't as one-sided as I feared and with a bit of tweaking, we might be able to get something out of the Villa game (if they have an off-day, that is!).
Thats when I stopped reading.

A YouTube who has been quiet strong with saying that we aren't challenging for the title and is critical of our strength (or lack thereof) squad in terms of quality depth.
He's only saying what we all know , well I certainly did. No team is ever going to go a whole season without lots of injuries or suspensions again.
Not with the intensity of PL football these days and with var sending off players every week and the new rules for yellow cards such as shirt pulling, dissent and kicking the ball away , even a few feet.

He's only saying what we all know , well I certainly did. No team is ever going to go a whole season without lots of injuries or suspensions again.
Not with the intensity of PL football these days and with var sending off players every week and the new rules for yellow cards such as shirt pulling, dissent and kicking the ball away , even a few feet.
It’s just that few teams seem to get the one game disaster zone we had after Cheat$ki - two suspensions and two long term injuries encompassing four of our top playas. (I know Saudi Sportswashing Machine have lots of issues, but they’ve been spread out).

Some of my mates have flipped already
I think the timing of when we conceded today hurts a lot more than a “conventional” defeat
It’s just perception but our fans can really change quickly despite hailing the obvious improvements
Anyone flipping atm especially after the freak events of Monday needs to give their heads a wobble.

We have had an unexpected early glimpse of what this era could be under Ange. Sure we could have caused a shock this season with no europe and some luck with injuries and suspensions, but sadly with the latter two the total opposite has now happened, so those hopes are now all but dead.

Still though a CL place this season is still on the cards which in itself would have seemed well out of reach before the season started.

Next season though with Ange and his ways more imbedded in the club and crucially two more transfer windows navigated we could be a real force.

Back