• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

I didn't watch the game, but skimming this thread I think this proves again that a proper playmaking midfielder is not just important, but vital. With roughly the same setup without Eriksen we dropped like a stone. Same now with Maddison. A good striker is nice, so is manager X or Y, but a great midfield general makes all the difference. Just look at Arsenal after they finally got one, straight from fighting for Europa League to title challengers. As long as Maddison is out, I for one will adjust my expectations accordingly.

In some respects its a good thing. The title challenge narrative has clearly dissipated and now we can focus on our actual targets. Top 4 is possible if we can reconfigure the system with the players we now have available but its gonna be a fight to do it. Top 6 which was my actual target for this season is very possible and i'd say likely.
It is, and in fact there was a stat out recently that there is a very low percentage historically that have finished outside the top 4 following a start like we've had. I'd still say we have a good chance of top 4, but like you my thoughts were too 6 would be a good season this time around. Results were always going to even themselves out, hopefully we can get back to three points soon as don't want belief to be sucked out of the side....

Made worse by Romero being a child on Monday.
Yeah, exactly. The defenders defended okay until the 90th but it was entirely on Porro to bring any creativity out the back and he did sterling work. Add Romero into that and we might have built form the back much better and also have seen it out. He's such a fudging toolbox.

Really, you're starting with gil?
Its not starting with him… just saying that I feel he will never make it. I dont think he did 1 good thing when he got on. Bissouma was brick today, phe didnt put the right pressure om players… we where slow and didnt take the right pass in atack. The trust was not there so players didnt dare to take the best pass

Hojberg/Dier/Davies all ranges of poor

What is Hojberg doing for the goals?
Harsh on Dier and Davies, Davies especially. The blame for the result lies elsewhere on the pitch. Midfield was really poor and kept coughing up possession needlessly. Son did next to nothing. Royal can't play in this system, he's just not good enough on the ball. Udogie makes a huge difference if he's there today.

I didn't watch the game, but skimming this thread I think this proves again that a proper playmaking midfielder is not just important, but vital. With roughly the same setup without Eriksen we dropped like a stone. Same now with Maddison. A good striker is nice, so is manager X or Y, but a great midfield general makes all the difference. Just look at Arsenal after they finally got one, straight from fighting for Europa League to title challengers. As long as Maddison is out, I for one will adjust my expectations accordingly.

We didn't even get that far up the pitch. We were losing it transitioning out of defence and the double pivot. The passing from Hojbjerg, Dier, Davies (though he was great defensively) and Royal was just getting stuck by their press.

Lo Celso and Gil were not the problem. Both looked quite accomplished at keeping the ball so should fit in okay (if not brilliantly) with Ange. I'm more worried about the lack of edge they are going to provide as neither have been even semi prolific in their Spurs careers.
Neither of them have had a decent length of time playing consistently for various reasons. I’m not saying they will be significant players, but their minutes have been limited.

Harsh on Dier and Davies, Davies especially. The blame for the result lies elsewhere on the pitch. Midfield was really poor and kept coughing up possession needlessly. Son did next to nothing. Royal can't play in this system, he's just not good enough on the ball. Udogie makes a huge difference if he's there today.
Harsh on Davies sure, harsh on Dier, just no. Dier is what he is, hes never improved and never will.

We didn't even get that far up the pitch. We were losing it transitioning out of defence and the double pivot. The passing from Hojbjerg, Dier, Davies (though he was great defensively) and Royal was just getting stuck by their press.
We don’t play a double pivot mate

Thought on defensive side royal was ok

Going forward he's not great

The passing was horrible. I was pitying Ange. I cant imagine his frustration especially with Hojberg. Dier, Hojberg, Emerson Royal - that trio kills attacks.

We are not happy!! A point was there to be had at the very least. Won't be watching MOTD either. Still need to calm down a little

Less annoyed about this than Monday night, under the circumstances this was always going to be a difficult game.
Monday we threw it away.

Back