• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Panathinaikos OMT ***

Very pleased to see Ade back training. Bit of a shame he's not available for tomorrow, but would be a great boost to see him in the 18 for Villa

where is this from? would love to see ade back in the team and banging in the goals. can be a real threat on his day. i dont see why him and defoe couldnt play together

Defoe and Ade should certainly play at home together. Not two defensive midfielders again surely- definitely not against Villa! The penultimate game of last season still really rankles with me.

That's pretty disapointing, they should be taking this competition more seriously...

ha. love greece though and drinking mythos, greek salad, bit of calamari. mythos one of those beers that never tastes as good when your back home though

Tottenham squad: Lloris, Cudicini, Smith, Vertonghen, Gallas, Dawson, Caulker, Walker, Dempsey, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bale, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Falque, Townsend, Sandro, Mason, Defoe

We could do with Danny Rose back the squad seem to be light on full backs for a change.

Tottenham squad: Lloris, Cudicini, Smith, Vertonghen, Gallas, Dawson, Caulker, Walker, Dempsey, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bale, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Falque, Townsend, Sandro, Mason, Defoe

We could do with Danny Rose back the squad seem to be light on full backs for a change.

Pleased and slightly amazed at the strength of our squad, good on AVB

good stuff - really hope he can motivate the players to really give the competition a go

Defoe and Ade should certainly play at home together. Not two defensive midfielders again surely- definitely not against Villa! The penultimate game of last season still really rankles with me.

I'm happy sticking with 4-2-3-1 especially whilst the new players are settling in. We just need Dempsey, Bale, Lennon and Dembele to get forward

Are you counting Dembele as a defensive midfielder?

Are you counting Dembele as a defensive midfielder?

I'd say Thudd is also a DM.. or at least deep lying..

The only DM pair i don't want to see is Parker/Sandro, i get the feeling the majority on here are in the same mindset on that.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

First from @clint_dempsey "Everyone is excited (after the #MUFC result) we are on a good run of form. We want to keep it going."
"We want to go as far as we can and take every fans as it comes. We want to do well in every competition"
"Lot of quality in this team. You have to work hard and take chances when you get minutes in the team."

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Now we have Andre's quotes: "Panathinaikos are a big Club, I expect them to play at maximum against us and raise their game."
"No new injuries, Jake and Naughton should be ready after internationals. Ade not ready, has only trained once"
"Our main objective is to win the competition. The Europa League is a hard competition to win with a lot of tradition."

Rofl "Jake and Naughton" Kyle not obviously in AVBs inner sanctum t
Yet

201210031156430191594-p2.jpg

All the players seem to be in jovial mood. Just hope they don't get complacent against Panathinaikos.

Last edited:
Do you think tonight could be the night Thudd scores... and then gets the clippers out!?

[-o<

Do you think tonight could be the night Thudd scores... and then gets the clippers out!?

[-o<

I don't want him to score ever again, I want the Afro to grow and grow until it's so big that the funk police insist he wears star shaped sunglasses at all times.

Written by Jiggins the clown shoe

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS insists the Europa League is not some kind of punishment.

That is how the continent’s second tier competition was described by AVB’s predecessor at Tottenham, Harry Redknapp.

But the Spurs boss feels it deserves more respect as it could be the first step on the ladder to Champions League glory.

Ahead of tonight’s Group J clash against Panathinaikos, Villas-Boas said: “The profile of the competition is raised in other countries, but not England. I don’t understand it.

“I’m also not in a position to criticise other managers’ approach to the competition.

“But ask my goalkeeping coach Tony Parkes about when he won the UEFA Cup with our club in 1984.

“When English clubs were later banned from Europe it was every single club’s ambition to play in European competitions.

“I respect the competition. I certainly think it is viewed as a punishment in England and I cannot understand why. It is a traditional trophy.

“We have lost the Cup Winners’ Cup, which I did not think was a good decision. But it was taken to enrich the Europa League.

“It’s full of tradition, particularly in England, so that’s what surprises me about this attitude even more.

“So many great players have won this competition. You can go back to Ray Clemence, Kevin Keegan, Tony Parkes and the list goes on and on.

“You could build the most sensational team of all time from the English players who have won it.

“We at Tottenham view it as an education for the future.

“I certainly believe other countries do not approach it as England do.”

AVB burst on to the scene by leading Porto to victory in this competition in 2011.

He saw his Spurs stars begin this campaign with a 0-0 draw at home to Lazio a fortnight ago.

But they are favourites to beat a Panathinaikos outfit, who have gone six games without a win. AVB, who saw his team win 3-2 at Manchester United on Saturday, said: “The overall objective is to get the points to progress in this competition.

“But there is obviously an education process that goes with that.

“For us to go on and eventually win the Champions League I think we have to get used to playing in these situations, both physically and mentally.

“There is a rotation of players that can happen in certain positions.

“But I am always looking to field the strongest team possible.

“And that can be a benefit in the learning process.”

France keeper Hugo Lloris is set to make his second start since a £12million deadline day switch from Lyon.

But striker Emmanuel Adebayor has not travelled, despite returning to training this week following a hamstring strain.

So AVB is likely to go with Jermain Defoe as a lone striker. Aaron Lennon, Clint Dempsey and Gareth Bale will provide support while Tom Huddlestone and Sandro anchor the midfield

Back