• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester's 2nd club United***

What I want to discuss is why we seen insistent on playing two up in the modern game? We seem to be one of the few doing it so outright.

That coupled with a tight diamond and our full backs are both on an island.

As someone who has personally had a lot of poor luck with footballing injuries, I can only feel empathy for him. It was crap for me, but it didn't ruin my career.

I’ve had plenty of injuries
But he is just a poor player IMO who got lucky breaks and then has basically shown he is a poor player

@Sandman I think it's meant to be more like a front 3 with a lot of movement and rotation. The issue was in the first half we had two who wanted to drop and in the second we have two who want to play off the shoulder.

With that said, I agree on the fullbacks.

What I want to discuss is why we seen insistent on playing two up in the modern game? We seem to be one of the few doing it so outright.

That coupled with a tight diamond and our full backs are both on an island.

Just posted the same thing. The idea behind it is as a team that dominate possession it helps pin back the opposition and gives us a overload. City play it at times. However they have better players than us. With us, it just unbalances our midfield. Every time I've seen us play a diamond we end up reverting to a 4231 formation in the game and our performance level increases.

@Sandman I think it's meant to be more like a front 3 with a lot of movement and rotation. The issue was in the first half we had two who wanted to drop and in the second we have two who want to play off the shoulder.

Good point. So should be Kane and Son or parrot and Lucas. But it's also good to to have that option.

Our full backs have a lot to cover. I think it's why Poch wants to get younger there. More energy and pace.

I can't help liking a team with Sonny, Lucas and Lamela in it ...it's a handful for opposing defences ..

Back