• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

That’s normal conte
People should look at previous ones and they are the same
He has been doing this since he joined

I’m not so sure. I thought he looked utterly deflated yesterday when talking to the press. His body language has changed on the touch line too - he looks flat and accepting of defeat, a bit like Mourinho in his final weeks.

I’m not so sure. I thought he looked utterly deflated yesterday when talking to the press. His body language has changed on the touch line too - he looks flat and accepting of defeat, a bit like Mourinho in his final weeks.
That conte even when he was wining the title at Chelsea
I’ve followed him for years because he is a character and it’s his demeanour and style

That's all very fair and the only bit i can't agree with is the multiple windows, although I don't think some of our players are as bad as are made out they aren't good enough for where we want to be.
That's the thing, on Spurs branded stationary read with Spurs tinted glasses we have a strong team more than capable of competing for top 3. But it sure doesn't look like it these days.

You want to sell our most dependable midfielder, HG, local lad, connection with the area and fans, exactly what you need a few of amongst the foreign imports? And place your trust in an unproven young lad who could be off (if he's any good) as soon as another club comes in, or more deadwood to shift? We definitely need to strengthen the squad, but as a quick fix, I would guarantee we would look better with Skipp in front of the defence, and Son starting on the bench. I'd probably bench PEH too, just think he's too unreliable going forward.
The reason I think none of this will happen, is if you bench senior players, you get senior voices against you in the squad. Conte needs to grow a pair, like ten Hag did at united, and Levy needs to support him.
I agree with you to an extent. I am ambivalent about Skippy at this point. My comments were based on what I think AC will do; Skipp can get money, and given that Levy is Levy, it is the only way Paratici is going to be able to get more than one proper squad upgrade. I think expecting Levy to change is the issue; I fell for it with Conte's appt, but we're back to ships on collision courses.

I agree with you to an extent. I am ambivalent about Skippy at this point. My comments were based on what I think AC will do; Skipp can get money, and given that Levy is Levy, it is the only way Paratici is going to be able to get more than one proper squad upgrade. I think expecting Levy to change is the issue; I fell for it with Conte's appt, but we're back to ships on collision courses.
What makes you think they are on a collision course? The last two transfer windows we made good signings, why do you think it is going to change this window?

IMO we didn’t really have any issues with CB yesterday
Villa scored with their first shot on target in effect because Hugo spilled it like a novice
We do have back up for Kane and son…. But it’s one player and he is injured, again. That player at Everton always had spells on the sidelines too, injured
We lost Kulu and brought in Gil because kulus cover is injured …. And also actually brick. that is huge gaping issues in the squad that actually most teams have TBF, but you only see it when injury’s occur.

None of our CBs were reactive enough to what was unfolding. Hugo spills it, but there's 5-7 yards of turf to make up; I expect one of our CBs to be there first (Lenglet) and make a purposeful challenge as opposed to be bullied by Watkins. Romero, meanwhile, is just a spectator reacting. Lenglet (for me) is not a centre CB. Not strong enough or proactive enough. It also seems to force Romero into some higher areas where, if done, he simply cannot recover. Second goal he was done and there simply wasn't the nous or muscle behind him to deal with it. IMO.

What makes you think they are on a collision course? The last two transfer windows we made good signings, why do you think it is going to change this window?

This is obv just my opinion mate. I'll try and be brief, and BTW, without looking like a plug-taco, we go over this in out pod The Game Is About Glory if you're interested (BTW there are more than my opinions offered!). In short, I don't think Levy can deviate from his financial model. I think Conte wants blue chip. I think Paratici is in the middle. We are buying largely like a project club (Richy and Romero the exceptions) yet the manager's system requires finite talents for his system. It feels inevitable to me.

This is obv just my opinion mate. I'll try and be brief, and BTW, without looking like a plug-taco, we go over this in out pod The Game Is About Glory if you're interested (BTW there are more than my opinions offered!). In short, I don't think Levy can deviate from his financial model. I think Conte wants blue chip. I think Paratici is in the middle. We are buying largely like a project club (Richy and Romero the exceptions) yet the manager's system requires finite talents for his system. It feels inevitable to me.

Which, if true (and I agree) is evidence - some would say more evidence - of chronic mismanagement of managerial appointments at boardroom level.

Back