• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

This is obv just my opinion mate. I'll try and be brief, and BTW, without looking like a plug-taco, we go over this in out pod The Game Is About Glory if you're interested (BTW there are more than my opinions offered!). In short, I don't think Levy can deviate from his financial model. I think Conte wants blue chip. I think Paratici is in the middle. We are buying largely like a project club (Richy and Romero the exceptions) yet the manager's system requires finite talents for his system. It feels inevitable to me.

Spot on...Good manager....wrong club

Just seen that Bissouma is suspected for Wednesday because of the booking he got, fir finally chasing back after being left for dead…. Another man down for mid week

None of our CBs were reactive enough to what was unfolding. Hugo spills it, but there's 5-7 yards of turf to make up; I expect one of our CBs to be there first (Lenglet) and make a purposeful challenge as opposed to be bullied by Watkins. Romero, meanwhile, is just a spectator reacting. Lenglet (for me) is not a centre CB. Not strong enough or proactive enough. It also seems to force Romero into some higher areas where, if done, he simply cannot recover. Second goal he was done and there simply wasn't the nous or muscle behind him to deal with it. IMO.
Your not factoring the slow speed of Hugo crawling to get to the ball he spilled
Lenglet was the only one to react and was furthest away
I don’t know if you can get MOTD where you are but they did a decent breakdown of that goal
Second goal, Kane got robbed… then McGinn came forward unchallenged and made a great pass

Which, if true (and I agree) is evidence - some would say more evidence - of chronic mismanagement of managerial appointments at boardroom level.

Conte is getting exactly what they told him he would get, same as every one of his predecessors under ENIC. He signed up for this.

This is obv just my opinion mate. I'll try and be brief, and BTW, without looking like a plug-taco, we go over this in out pod The Game Is About Glory if you're interested (BTW there are more than my opinions offered!). In short, I don't think Levy can deviate from his financial model. I think Conte wants blue chip. I think Paratici is in the middle. We are buying largely like a project club (Richy and Romero the exceptions) yet the manager's system requires finite talents for his system. It feels inevitable to me.
It's a bit sad, this feels like a season with an opening (which Arsenal has grabbed with both hands), much like the season Leicester won the league. City, Liverpool and Chelsea unreliable and Utd still finding their footing. City can only get stronger when their new setup clicks, and you have to faction in Saudi Sportswashing Machine now as well. I don't think we'll get another chance like this in some years, too bad we're in a bit of a mess right now.

Conte is getting exactly what they told him he would get, same as every one of his predecessors under ENIC. He signed up for this.

Even if that is the case, why appoint the opposite of project managers if you continue to work to a project agenda at the club?

It’s like asking a Dreamliner pilot to work as a bus conductor.

Most defnon 200k a week. The 80k missing there might be Napoli contributions but his contract at Spurs is 200
Could be, I don't know. The site states 120K since 2019, up from 28K from OL. Nice pay rise either way for doing very little.

Your not factoring the slow speed of Hugo crawling to get to the ball he spilled
I don’t know if you can get MOTD where you are but they did a decent breakdown of that goal
Second goal, Kane got robbed… then McGinn came forward unchallenged and made a great pass
And Bissouma didn’t track the goal scorers run.

Interestingly, Lenglet's also been here the shortest of the three CBs. I think it was clearly a real shock to the system - both Romero and Davies expected Lloris to deal with it, based on past experience, and had already started thinking about the next attack. Lenglet probably played it by the book and was ready for a possible spill.

None of our CBs were reactive enough to what was unfolding. Hugo spills it, but there's 5-7 yards of turf to make up; I expect one of our CBs to be there first (Lenglet) and make a purposeful challenge as opposed to be bullied by Watkins. Romero, meanwhile, is just a spectator reacting. Lenglet (for me) is not a centre CB. Not strong enough or proactive enough. It also seems to force Romero into some higher areas where, if done, he simply cannot recover. Second goal he was done and there simply wasn't the nous or muscle behind him to deal with it. IMO.

I think that's harsh, particularly on Lenglet. He reacts quickly enough to put pressure on Watkins. It's a situation where it's easy to give away a penalty so not sure he should be charging in. Romero could have reacted quicker, but these are small mistakes no one would care about if not for the big mistake by Lloris.

Second goal Lenglet is doing his job, tracking Watkins (I think). Leaving Watkins alone to cover for the run of Luiz would be horrible imo. Davies perhaps could react quicker? But for me Bissouma has to track that run all the way. A counter attack, we're not organised. Hojbjerg is covering the space, why leave Luiz alone?

That's becoming a common theme with goals we concede. The CBs are getting slated but a lot of the goals would have been stopped if the CM did it's job and tracked runners.

I agree with this. It further illustrates that the breakdowns are not on 'one player' per se, but a systemic breakdown in team defending.

I think that's harsh, particularly on Lenglet. He reacts quickly enough to put pressure on Watkins. It's a situation where it's easy to give away a penalty so not sure he should be charging in. Romero could have reacted quicker, but these are small mistakes no one would care about if not for the big mistake by Lloris.

Second goal Lenglet is doing his job, tracking Watkins (I think). Leaving Watkins alone to cover for the run of Luiz would be horrible imo. Davies perhaps could react quicker? But for me Bissouma has to track that run all the way. A counter attack, we're not organised. Hojbjerg is covering the space, why leave Luiz alone?

Sorry, I disagree with you on the first. Lenglet should be making sure Lloris has it (he has previous) and having got to Watkins, his effor to defend is powder puff poor. As for Romero, he just switches off. For the second goal,runner was not tracked (Bissouma's been switched off that side of our game since he arrived) and if anything Davies could perhaps have been sharper (albeit that is being harsh IMO). FWIW I think Romero's position is pathetic, and having gone there he does absolutely nothing. Very match rusty with regards to transitions for me. Again, it serves to show that our issues are not simply down to one person or another, but are spread across. BTW, small mistakes which get spotlit in other situations and when they're made by other players. Royal, Sanchez, Dier would all get roasted for those.

Last edited:
Even if that is the case, why appoint the opposite of project managers if you continue to work to a project agenda at the club?

It’s like asking a Dreamliner pilot to work as a bus conductor.

Or pulling prime Sophia Loren and still bringing her for dinner at Nandos...

That's becoming a common theme with goals we concede. The CBs are getting slated but a lot of the goals would have been stopped if the CM did it's job and tracked runners.
Will be interesting to see what CM we play midweek with Bissouma suspended

Back