• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Or pulling prime Sophia Loren and still bringing her for dinner at Nandos...

in fairness probably a good place to bring her. You are not going to impress her with expensive posh restaurants- she would have had more expensive and posher.

get her in a booth at the old Nando’s, amongst the common people but not too close … unlimited refill drinks… medium spicy main. Wing roulette to introduce some jeopardy…

jobs a goodun

a bosh!!

in fairness probably a good place to bring her. You are not going to impress her with expensive posh restaurants- she would have had more expensive and posher.

get her in a booth at the old Nando’s, amongst the common people but not too close … unlimited refill drinks… medium spicy, jobs a goodun

a bosh!!

Check out the pod mate...all will be revealed ;-)

Sorry, I disagree with you on the first. Lenglet should be making sure Lloris has it (he has previous) and having got to Watkins, his effor to defend is powder puff poor. As for Romero, he just switches off. For the second goal,runner was not tracked (Bissouma's been switched off that side of our game since he arrived) and if anything Davies could perhaps have been sharper (albeit that is being harsh IMO). FWIW I think Romero's position is pathetic, and having gone there he does absolutely nothing. Very match rusty with regards to transitions for me. Again, it serves to show that our issues are not simply down to one person or another, but are spread across. BTW, small mistakes which get spotlit in other situations and when they're made by other players. Royal, Sanchez, Dier would all get roasted for those.

For the first Lenglet and Lloris keeps Watkins from getting the shot away.

Romero pushes up for the second, halts the break, doesn't dive in. If we track runners we're fine.

When it ends up as a goal nits get picked for most players. But most of these "mistakes" are not usually punished. When Lloris spills that shot, when Bissouma stops tracking his man everything is amplified.

I agree that mistakes are spread out, but I think you're being harsh on Lenglet. Definitely for the second, arguably at the very least for the first.

If someone else got roasted for that I would defend them too.

Romero pushes up for the second, halts the break, doesn't dive in. If we track runners we're fine.

When it ends up as a goal nits get picked for most players. But most of these "mistakes" are not usually punished. When Lloris spills that shot, when Bissouma stops tracking his man everything is amplified.

I agree that mistakes are spread out, but I think you're being harsh on Lenglet. Definitely for the second, arguably at the very least for the first.

My main criticism of Lenglet was for the first. Given the OTT challenges Romero puts in on halfway lines when we're 2,3-0 up, I'd expect more from him there. I stand by my criticism of Lenglet being too soft on the first. It is a poor, poor mistake by Lloris, and all defenders around are slow; I want my main CB to cover. The second? He is, for me, doing nothing. Watkins is 7 yards off him, and given the way things were breaking I'd have rather seen him try to move across. Davies sees it unfolding (his scream at Bissouma is on point, and yes, Bissouma tracks his man, that should end as nothing). I am fine with him on the left, not in the centre.

My main criticism of Lenglet was for the first. Given the OTT challenges Romero puts in on halfway lines when we're 2,3-0 up, I'd expect more from him there. I stand by my criticism of Lenglet being too soft on the first. It is a poor, poor mistake by Lloris, and all defenders around are slow; I want my main CB to cover. The second? He is, for me, doing nothing. Watkins is 7 yards off him, and given the way things were breaking I'd have rather seen him try to move across. Davies sees it unfolding (his scream at Bissouma is on point, and yes, Bissouma tracks his man, that should end as nothing). I am fine with him on the left, not in the centre.

You're talking about fractions for the first one. Watkins reacts slightly quicker. Can't just be strong trailing the striker by half a yard.

Second... You're talking about Lenglet? He's literally right next to Watkins. With Bissouma and PEH right next to Luiz until Bissouma stops tracking him.

You want Lenglet to leave Watkins alone there to double mark Luiz?

Hate to say it but Carragher nailed it after the Liverpool game last night, don't protect your backline and you're in trouble, we haven't done since Wanyama and Dembele.
Look at the space the guy has take the shot for the first goal, is there anybody within 10 yards of him?
As for the second, why is anyone surprised, I've been pointing out for months the amount of goals we are shipping from untracked runners coming from midfield, usually its PEH not tracking.

Hate to say it but Carragher nailed it after the Liverpool game last night, don't protect your backline and you're in trouble, we haven't done since Wanyama and Dembele.
Look at the space the guy has take the shot for the first goal, is there anybody within 10 yards of him?
As for the second, why is anyone surprised, I've been pointing out for months the amount of goals we are shipping from untracked runners coming from midfield, usually its PEH not tracking.
Skipp!!!

I think it's a combination

- Our midfield is always at a numeric disadvantage, and similar to Pool, if you are on the attack it can push back the opponent but if you don't have the ball it can cause problems.
- The defenders are not as bad as the numbers would indicate, they are being exposed by the lack of protection (especially those runners) and similar to our attacking players, I think Conte is so rigid in his demands that players aren't making in game decisions to address unfolding situations.

I'm really not a fan of constantly allowing your midfield to be at disadvantage, and just hoping that buying great players that can compensate.

I think it's a combination

- Our midfield is always at a numeric disadvantage, and similar to Pool, if you are on the attack it can push back the opponent but if you don't have the ball it can cause problems.
- The defenders are not as bad as the numbers would indicate, they are being exposed by the lack of protection (especially those runners) and similar to our attacking players, I think Conte is so rigid in his demands that players aren't making in game decisions to address unfolding situations.

I'm really not a fan of constantly allowing your midfield to be at disadvantage, and just hoping that buying great players that can compensate.

It's down to your Wbs doing a better job and the system being more fluid. When we played 4-2-3-1 the CM would fill in at FB if the FBs bombed on and there was alot of interchanging. In theory we should be able to go from a 3-4-3 to 5 at the back in defensive situations pretty easily, but we just seem to rigid

I also agree with your point to a degree because I don't see PEH l, Bissouma or Benta as much as I like the later two, as DMs

I think that's harsh, particularly on Lenglet. He reacts quickly enough to put pressure on Watkins. It's a situation where it's easy to give away a penalty so not sure he should be charging in. Romero could have reacted quicker, but these are small mistakes no one would care about if not for the big mistake by Lloris.

Second goal Lenglet is doing his job, tracking Watkins (I think). Leaving Watkins alone to cover for the run of Luiz would be horrible imo. Davies perhaps could react quicker? But for me Bissouma has to track that run all the way. A counter attack, we're not organised. Hojbjerg is covering the space, why leave Luiz alone?
Any half decent midfielder tracks Luiz's run and it is very likely that there is no goal scored. The fact that Bissouma didn't track the run really worries me.

and coughing the ball up cheaply higher up the pitch
A team is always going to turnover possession sometimes unless every single ball played is ultra safe (in which case we'd never score a goal ever again). Our passing is typically already erring way too far on the side of caution.

Any half decent midfielder tracks Luiz's run and it is very likely that there is no goal scored. The fact that Bissouma didn't track the run really worries me.
Itt worries me that the only midfielder who have who does it is sitting on the bench and we have had this problem over more than one manager.

Agree 100% Lloris should never be spilling that shot. Once he does then it is likely to be a goal conceded. Same for the second, the moment Bissouma decides that he can't be bothered to track the run we are in real trouble.

A team is always going to turnover possession sometimes unless every single ball played is ultra safe (in which case we'd never score a goal ever again). Our passing is typically already erring way too far on the side of caution.

it’s not binary, there are zones and situations in which to take more risks, it’s also not just the playing of risky balls, it’s the poor control too

It's down to your Wbs doing a better job and the system being more fluid. When we played 4-2-3-1 the CM would fill in at FB if the FBs bombed on and there was alot of interchanging. In theory we should be able to go from a 3-4-3 to 5 at the back in defensive situations pretty easily, but we just seem to rigid

I also agree with your point to a degree because I don't see PEH l, Bissouma or Benta as much as I like the later two, as DMs
I disagree with you here slightly... In the 4-2-3-1 it was typically the CBs who would fill in at fullback with the deep midfielder filling in as a central defender if a ball was played over the top into the channel by the opposition. That is why Pochettino liked having centre backs who had also played as fullbacks in their career (he spoke about this in a few interviews) as he needed his CBs to be able to be comfortable defending one on one in wide areas against the opposition's wide forwards.

it’s not binary, there are zones and situations in which to take more risks, it’s also not just the playing of risky balls, it’s the poor control too
Because we play 3 CBs and get a large number of players deep it means that we have to take risks in our own half of the pitch. Otherwise we have no way of progressing the ball into positions where we have a reasonable likelihood of creating a chance.

Playing 3 CBs immediately means that we are often outnumbered when trying to progress through the centre of the pitch, so we either pass it out wide to wing backs with little pace and no ability to beat a player (resulting in going back to square one with the ball going back to one of our 3 CBs) or play a risky pass centrally to a player who is likely to be picked up.

Back