• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Surely that's the most obvious answer, it doesn't matter what the club call their premises or the media, it's what we the fans call it. I'll always say I'm going up the Lane whatever they call it.

Surely that's the most obvious answer, it doesn't matter what the club call their premises or the media, it's what we the fans call it. I'll always say I'm going up the Lane whatever they call it.

Absolutely spot on. I am sure 1000's will think the same. Whether it becomes the Nike Arena, the Coco-Cola Stadium,Qatar Airways Stadium,etc; the majority of us will still say 'Off to the Lane this Saturday/Sunday'

Are we not discussing the name of the 'kop' stand rather than the name of the new stadium?

I think the stadium will always be the lane to most if not all, unless they name the new stand the lane too and then there will be confusion. It might even eventually mean fans stop calling the stadium WHL so that reason I think it is a bad idea to call the new stand the lane or some variant.

If the new stadium is going to be known as "The AIG Experience" or something equally ****ty, can't we call the stand "The Lane"?

That way we can still sing "We are Tottenham...." etc.

It is a good suggestion but won't naming rights sponsors want no association (in terms of names) with old ground?

Till anyone who's grown up with WHL is dead. Then it'll be "off to the Duracel Plus Extra Life"

Absolutely spot on. I am sure 1000's will think the same. Whether it becomes the Nike Arena, the Coco-Cola Stadium,Qatar Airways Stadium,etc; the majority of us will still say 'Off to the Lane this Saturday/Sunday'
Exactly, it will always be i'm going to Spurs/The Lane etc

Playboy sponsor us.

Call it the playboy mansion, we can have all of the primadonnas playing ....

or hustler and get the spit roasters in

even better yet season ticket holders can have their favourite playmate picture on their seats ... sit on their face!

Back