• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Played in the middle of the park by the sounds of things. The Swansea fans seem very impressed and think he could become there new Allen.

Yeah, I did some quick recon on a few Swansea noticeboards and found that they all thought he played like Joe Allen. Tidy, always showing for the ball, good passing range and tenacious in defence.

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

Gary Monk had some positive things to say about Carroll

“Tom has come in and settled well and I thought he had a good game – you could see the footballer in him and we saw some really good passes and movement,” Monk told*Wales Online.

“It was good to get him out there and I’m sure he’ll get sharper with games.”

Before the match, Monk compared Carroll, 22, to Luka Modric – something Spurs fans have been doing in vain for the past few years.

“He’s a very good footballer who will very much suit us,” Monk told the*Mail*ahead of the second-round tie at the Liberty Stadium.

“We’ve watched him, done our analysis over the years, seen him at Spurs and a lot of him at QPR.

“I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have trained with him and coached him and they speak very highly of him. He can show that good side of football we need because he’s good with the ball.

“He can pass and move and get himself in good positions and I think he’ll offer us another option. I can see why people say that about him and Modric,” Monk added.

“A lot of people will talk about the strength side of the game but it’s something we believe in here.

“We’ve shown over the years with Leon and Joe Allen that if you pass the ball quickly and move quickly it doesn’t matter about the physical side of the game.

“He can improve on that side, but he suits our philosophy and I think he can show what a good footballer he is and we believe he is.”

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

I don't think there's a better club for him to be on loan at than Sawnsea - really hope he has a good year

Very positive words from Monk on Carroll. Hopefully that means his plan is to play Carroll week in week out.

We've actually done really well with our PL loans in recent years. Naughton, Rose, Walker, Caulker, Livermore, Townsend all got plenty of game time and were more or less first choice in their positions when out on loan. The only failed loan I can remember was Kane at Norwich where apparently he struggled a bit with injuries and might have done better with a bit of good fortune.

If Carroll fails I'm going to blame our downturn in PL loan fortune on the disappearance of Technical Tim. ;)

U18s: West Ham now 2-0 up after Onariase scores with a free header from a corner. 17mins gone.

Heads must roll.

U18s: West Ham now 2-0 up after Onariase scores with a free header from a corner. 17mins gone.

Heads must roll.

U18s: GOAL! Lads have a goal back as Walkes finds Pritchard in the box, he turns his marker and fires inside near post. 2-1, 24mins #COYS

Line-up (also from the official twitter): Voss, Walkes, Walker-Peters, Amos, Maghoma, Carter-Vickers, Daly, Onomah, Harrison, Pritchard, Georgiou.

U18s: GOAL! Lads have a goal back as Walkes finds Pritchard in the box, he turns his marker and fires inside near post. 2-1, 24mins #COYS

Line-up (also from the official twitter): Voss, Walkes, Walker-Peters, Amos, Maghoma, Carter-Vickers, Daly, Onomah, Harrison, Pritchard, Georgiou.

I thought Pritchard was on loan at Brentford, so how is he playing today?

I thought Pritchard was on loan at Brentford, so how is he playing today?

It's another Pritchard, there was a discussion here last season about if he was Alex's brother or not, can't remember if there was a conclusion.

Loan at Brentford Pritchard is also 21 so nowhere near young enough for the u18 team.

It's another Pritchard, there was a discussion here last season about if he was Alex's brother or not, can't remember if there was a conclusion.

Loan at Brentford Pritchard is also 21 so nowhere near young enough for the u18 team.

Ah right, I must've missed that. Makes sense.

U18s: GOAL! Equaliser on the stroke of half-time as Amos fires into corner after a great attacking move. 2-2, 45mins #COYS

\o/

Quick check shows that Pritchard and Hall are both in the starting lineups for their clubs, whilst Carrol, McEvoy and Coulthirst are on the subs bench at theirs. Fredericks isn't in the natchday squad for Middlesborough

No surprised to see Coulibaly's move is permanent. He was supposed to be the new wonder kid when he arrived but despite all the flashy overhead kicks and stuff he never managed to live up to the hype.

Back