• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

Brentford is as good a place as any to go on loan. A club very much on the up and it's in London.

Their current manager, Mark Warburton, is an interesting guy. He began his playing career as an apprentice at Leicester City under Frank McLintock and later dropped into non-league football with Enfield, winning the 1981/82 FA Trophy and the 1982/83 Alliance Premier League title, after taking a dislike to new Leicester manager Jock Wallace's methods, later saying "he was a Marine. We had runs on sand-dunes, running until we threw up. I learned a lot from that, never treating a player that way". Moved to the US in 85 and played a bit there before cruciate injuries ended his career.

Worked as a trader before taking up a part-time role at St. Clement Danes School in Watford. Looking back in 2014 on his time in the City, he said "I was a currency dealer for the likes of Bank of America, AIG and RBS. I was getting up at 4:32 for 20-odd years, leave the house at 4:52, get the 5:02 train into Liverpool Street, at my desk at 5:45, getting home at 7pm and take phone calls through the night, orders from New York. I was well paid, good at what I did. There was a lot of risk, a lot of pressure. My personal turnover would be £1.5 billion to £2 billion a day".

He later said to his wife, "we have the money in the bank, the house is paid for, our lifestyle won’t change. I want to do this: 10 years to achieve something in the game. It’s now or never". After leaving his trading job in the early 2000s, he spent his own money travelling around Europe, watching coaching sessions at Sporting Lisbon, Ajax, Valencia, Barcelona and Willem II. Warburton was offered a permanent coaching job with Watford, at U9 through to U16 level and was appointed manager of the academy in 2006. After a reshuffle in 2009, he became assistant academy manager for U17 to U19 age groups. While at Watford, he established links with Harefield Academy. Warburton left Watford in February 2010 to "pursue other sporting interests".

Warburton and sports TV producer Justin Andrews met in 2005, while working on the Inside Soccer project. The pair formed Cycad Sports Management in 2010 and through the company they launched the NextGen Series, an U19 club cup competition. Brentford owner Matthew Benham was also a backer of the competition.

In February 2011 he was appointed first team coach at Brentford to assist caretaker manager Nicky Forster. "I got a call from the owner at 1.30 in the morning, asking if I would come in to assist Nicky. I didn't know a lot about Brentford or know any of the players, so I stayed up for the rest of the night looking at player profiles". Forster was later given the role on a permanent basis until the end of the 2010–11 season. Forster and Warburton applied unsuccessfully for the manager's job in the summer of 2011 and the position went to Uwe Rösler. Warburton commented that he was "disappointed and annoyed" about failing to secure the manager's job.

Warburton was retained by the club and moved into the role of Sporting Director in the summer of 2011, a new position created by an internal restructuring of the club. His role included dealing with agents, club finances and contracts, in addition to scouting young players and recommending them to the management. Warburton's links with the academy at Watford saw Brentford sign a number of players with Hornets connections. Also helped Brentford achieve Category Two academy status in July 2013 and they opened a new purpose-built facility last year on the grounds of Uxbridge High School.

After Rösler left for Wigan he eventually got the manager's job and helped recruit former Liverpool academy chief Frank McParland as their new Sporting director. Brentford went 19 games unbeaten before he suffered his first loss, at the hands of Wolves. Got them promotion with a win ratio of almost 63%. Definitely one to watch and a good place to be for younger players IMO.
Good post, interesting stuff, thanks for that.

Jonathan Obika put the Premier League side in front two minutes before half time and Cristian Ceballos slotted home a second half penalty to move the visitors 2-0 up.

Substitute Doidge pulled one back with a nice header, but Daggers couldn’t find an elusive equaliser.

Trialist George Porter started from off, while Spurs included England under-21 international Tom Carroll in their starting XI.

It was the visitors who started the brighter of the two sides as Joshua Onomah fashioned the first chance, but home goalkeeper Liam O’Brien was equal to the effort.

Onomah was Spurs’ bright spark in the opening period, but he was denied a further shot on goal by a decisive touch from Brian Saah.

Daggers looked good on the front foot, up until the final third when the decisive ball in wasn’t quite there.

A lovely move started with Jack Connors on the left before making its way up to Porter, however, his pull back was cleared by the visiting defence.

Spurs attacked in numbers and they took the lead when Ceballos nicked the ball off Connors inside his own half, before the winger drifted his way into the box.

His initial shot was saved by O’Brien but the rebound fell kindly for Jonathan Obika to finish.

The Daggers should have been level at the break though when skipper Abu Ogogo rose highest at a corner, but his header struck the far post.

It was the hosts who got going quickly in the second half and striker Jamie Cureton was unfortunate not to level when his dipping effort from all of 25 yards struck the bar.

Chances in the second half were not quite so clear cut, but the visitors doubled their lead when Ceballos was tripped in the area by Connors and referee Darren Deadman awarded a penalty.

Ceballos dusted himself down to take the spot kick, and though his audacious chipped effort was saved by the feet of Mark Cousins, he reacted quickest to slot home the rebound.

The hosts did pull one back with a nice move on 72 minutes when Ashley Hemmings played the ball to Abu Ogogo and he chipped a cross in for the unmarked Doidge who headed past Harry Voss in the Spurs goal.

Spurs substitute Souleymane Coulibaly tried his luck from distance as the game entered the closing stages, and though the Daggers tried to force an equaliser, it never materialised.

Attendance: 1,198 (201 away)

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/tottenham-hotspur-xi-dagenham-and-redbridge-match-report-1799213.aspx

I like to look of Ryan Fredericks. Him and Walker should be competing for that spot.

Fair enough. Personally I think Fredericks is a mile away from first team standard and I don't expect him to ever be good enough to be a regular starter for a PL team. Would obviously love to be proven wrong!

Hope Coulrhirst does well, rather highly rated. A big goalscoring year could see him in good stead for the future

That penalty was shocking lol. Good to see that the youngsters are working on the same pressing technique

Archer is on loan at Northampton Town until January.

[TWEET]496647660267655168[/TWEET]

Spurs XI vs Cambridge United

Kick-off at the R Costings Abbey Stadium is at 7.45pm

Squad: Luke McGee, Harry Voss, Dominic Ball, Ryan Fredericks, Alex McQueen, Milos Veljkovic, Tom Carroll, Cristian Ceballos, Ruben Lameiras, Filip Lesniak, Aaron McEneff, Will Miller, Nathan Oduwa, Josh Onomah, Emmanuel Sonupe, Harry Winks, Daniel Akindayini, Jon Obika.

Spurs XI v @CambridgeUtdFC - McGee, Fredericks, Lesniak, Carroll, Veljkovic, McQueen, Ceballos, Onomah, Obika, Lameiras, Miller.

Goal to @CambridgeUtdFC - Taylor's cross met by powerful header from Appiah six yards out, McGee almost kept it out. 0-1, 10mins.

Goal to @CambridgeUtdFC - Donaldson cross from the right met by Appiah, who planted home his second header of night. 0-2, 28mins.

As Dagenham, they are a League Two side, but there seems like there's a significant gap in quality between the two.

So any reports from the games this weekend? I was keeping tabs on both Southend and Brentford.

Coulthirst seemed involved in a lot of good stuff for Southend and earned a penalty early in the second half which was then fluffed by the pen taker. IIRC he came off after an hour.
Pritchard looked to be involved in most of Brentford's best stuff in the first half, but he was pulled off after they went 1-0 down and his replacement scored the equaliser.
Hall played the full 90 in a game which Birmingham lost 2-0.
McEvoy got a 30 min run out for Peterborough.

we won the tournament winning all 3 games. beat chelsea 2-1, Utd 2-0 and arsenal 2-0. Harrison and Loft scored a goal each on the first 2 games and Harrison got 2 against arsenal.

i think it finished

Spurs
Arsenal
Utd
Chelsea

The U18's currently winning their season opener against Norwich 4-1.

Ryan Loft (2), Georgiou and Walker-Peters with the goals.

Mate who is a Brighton fan and went up to Brum today said Grant Hall was the best player on the pitch and was outstanding all day. Not happy as he used to play for them.

See baby Bale scored today for Peterborough will watch that later on the football league show.

I noticed that Brentford lost again and that Southend won. Pritchard and Coulthirst both started the games and both seemed quite involved in a lot of their teams play (reading through the highlights).

McEvoy was replaced just after half time due to injury it says.

Back