• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Sterling with the second for 2-0 going into the second leg at Stamford Bridge. Superbly taken with the outside of his boot.

The boys had to wiihstand quite an onslaught towards the end but did very well to hold out.

Really enjoyed watching that and I would guess that viewing numbers were probably fairly high for the match.

Good to see Bentaleb, Mason and Rose in the stands watching. Townsend was there too apparently.

Poch was there with his son. Was watching with fierce intent.

I thought the yuong RB Kyle Walker Peters was excellent as was the CB Carter-Vickers. The Cm AMOS was very busy.

Onomah really stood out, strong, great touch, fight, passing, defends and attacks, makes the game look easy at times. Looked by far the best player on the pitch.

Good finish from Sterling.

Azzaoui had an off day attacking but really did track and press really well.

The whole team impressed throughout but Kyle Walker-Peters really stood out, an exceptional display and such a delight to watch.

The similarity in style with the first team was remarkable, the energy, the way they pressed high-up and in numbers and the way they got the ball forward so quickly. On top of that the level of individual skill on the ball was also impressive.

The only fear I have is that the commies kept saying Chelsea were having an off-day, and certainly they had spells when they dominated, especially towards the end, when we defended brilliantly but also got a slice of luck along the way. They looked a more physical side too, so given it's at Stamford Bridge the return leg is bound to be even tougher,

gonad*s they were having an off day. we didn't allow them to do their thing with people like Walker-Peters, Onomah and Carter-Vickers outstanding. chelsea are a more physical and experienced team

I thought it was telling that their coach said they changed their system to disrupt our style. It was a big disappointment for commentators as we were all just watching to see Chelsea win.

Really enjoyed watching that and I would guess that viewing numbers were probably fairly high for the match.

Azzaoui had an off day attacking but really did track and press really well.

Sounds like he is a like-for-like Soldado replacement then!

cobblers they were having an off day. we didn't allow them to do their thing with people like Walker-Peters, Onomah and Carter-Vickers outstanding. chelsea are a more physical and experienced team

Agreed. Thought we were very good defensively.

A bit surprised we weren't able to keep possession more throughout the game. Have always been impressed by our possession play when I've had a chance to see our academy or development teams. No doubt Chelsea have a very good u18 team though and they made it difficult for us.

Best Game I've seen from Carter-Vickers I think. Walker-Peters looks a real talent too, looks a really complete modern full back type.

Bit of leadership from Onomah I thought. At times in the past I've thought he was a bit languid, coasting through games on skill and size without having to put in the effort. Against Chelsea he took a lot of responsibility though.

Tottenham U21 vs Man Utd U21 is live tonight (Tuesday) on MUTV 7pm.

"United currently sit at the top of the U21 Premier League standings thanks to a one-goal advantage over the visitors, who still have a match in hand. Because the match has major title implications, it will be played at Old Trafford, with Manchester United TV providing a full broadcast"

Game probably available to "view" online. Should be worth a watch

And no Yedlin..... He's gone completely off the radar since he went back to the US for those international games. And "Bale MKII" McEvoy playing despite being on loan at Colchester.

And no Yedlin..... He's gone completely off the radar since he went back to the US for those international games. And "Bale MKII" McEvoy playing despite being on loan at Colchester.

Most of our lower league loanees have a clause that means we can use them in the U21s when possible and McEvoy isn't getting any playing time for Colchester. We'll probably try to move him on in the summer.

I thought there was a story a while back about him getting injured while playing for the US?

Back