• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Bongani Khumalo has Falcao in his pocket so far...

Some good passages of passing / possession from us.

First time I've watched the U21s. Seem to have a similar style to the first team which is nice - good possession / short passing, lots of running off the ball and good pressing.

McEvoy isn't getting any playing time for Colchester. We'll probably try to move him on in the summer.

Well he anticipated a square pass, made a run to get there, skipped past a defender, steadied himself and slotted past Victor Valdes. I can't imagine that Bob Soldado fella doing that!

Interesting game. A lot can be said for how having the right players in a system even at that age group can make a difference. The U18's the other day popped the ball about very nicely from deep and there was a real conviction to some of the passing not unlike what we see with Mason and Bentaleb. Tonight the two in the deep positions were more defined making us at times look more like an AVB 4231 than a Poch 4231, with Lesniak being a dedicated holder and Ward pushing on. The problem was both preferred a square pass and didn't have the range to pass through the UTD midfield.

I thought Onomah looked a class above most on the pitch tonight and never looked like he was being troubled. Walker-Peters and Carter-Vickers played decent games. Both got caught out at times but at 17 years of age it's to be expected. In fairness the U18 representatives looked the better players out there and Amos came on and quickened our tempo. Of the rest, I thought Coulthirst tried too hard at times, though he was a willing runner, McEvoy took his goal well though he looks nowhere near as good as he did a couple of years ago in the younger age group. Miller showed flashes of quality when in the middle, but he was pretty quiet.

Last edited:
just read the u21's report on the guardian, did United field any players actually under 21 tonight?
My brother (Liverpool fan) said when Utd played their u21's they fielded a number of players you would say were first teamers.

Back