• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Wasnt even in my mind. Far too young.

'Currently in the academy at Spurs there is a 15-year-old, Marcus Edwards, who is already playing for England Under-17s. He is the kind of player who, as a coach, makes you look forward to walking out on to that pitch in the morning. Everyone in development football has heard of Marcus. He is a gifted technician with a low centre of gravity, who can pass off either foot or dribble past opponents'
'When I was at Spurs, I would persuade anyone and everyone at the training ground to come over to see him train. He is a joy to watch. Again, he is the kind of player who might not always get a game. There might be a bigger boy who could be more effective on that given day, but in time Marcus has the potential to be a great player, a make-the-difference footballer. He can win you a game. These are the kind of talented players that we must not neglect.'

The rumour at the time was that Swindon had the maximum number of loan players in already and the sale for a nominal amount with a buyback was a way of getting around that.

Yeah. That's what I thought too.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Sherwood was running things at the higher age group when I saw one of his teams play. I watched the U21 final that year and we did play some really good stuff. That was also the year when we were scoring loads for fun.

did we not have a load of really good youngsters in that squad? Some youngster that maybe playing prem football now?

luongo playing against garbage in asia and trash in lg 1. not at the level we require but good enough for champ or lower prem

did we not have a load of really good youngsters in that squad? Some youngster that maybe playing prem football now?

Bentaleb, Pritchard and Ceballos were. In the final I recall Obika, Kane, Carroll and Fryers all playing.

luongo playing against garbage in asia and trash in lg 1. not at the level we require but good enough for champ or lower prem

How much have you seen him play?

He's the same age now as Mason was last season when playing in League One. Opposition probably was fairly poor in the Asian Cup, but becoming player of the tournament is still a real achievement.

How much have you seen him play?

He's the same age now as Mason was last season when playing in League One. Opposition probably was fairly poor in the Asian Cup, but becoming player of the tournament is still a real achievement.

it is a real achievement. i have seen a lot of him although most of it when he was with us and a few times with Swindon and although he was good i just never felt he had enough to make it with us

By all accounts, Fredericks was one of Boro's better players against Arsenal today. One of the few who didn't look overawed and out of place.

it is a real achievement. i have seen a lot of him although most of it when he was with us and a few times with Swindon and although he was good i just never felt he had enough to make it with us

What did you think of Mason when he was with our youth team and out on loan?

I have no problems with people not rating players as good enough for us, I just don't get justifying it with him currently being at Swindon and impressing at the Asian cup.

What did you think of Mason when he was with our youth team and out on loan?

I have no problems with people not rating players as good enough for us, I just don't get justifying it with him currently being at Swindon and impressing at the Asian cup.

i was a big fan of mason in the youth team and always thought he would make it but i kinda lost interest after his injuries and loans but his talent was always there to see. i just dont see it with luongo, at least not to the standard we require

Ruben Lameiras has gone on trial at swedish club Åtvidabergs FF.

If succesful, he will go on loan there for the next 6 months.

Sadly not rated on GG - other than by a select minority :rolleyes:

A year or two back knowone rated Kane. I rate Fredericks from the limited games I have seen him in. The fact that Kane has made so many people go back on their assumptions shows that coaches at the club know more than us. That said I hope they bring back Pritchard, and if Loungo continues to impress he should be given a go.

A year or two back knowone rated Kane. I rate Fredericks from the limited games I have seen him in. The fact that Kane has made so many people go back on their assumptions shows that coaches at the club know more than us. That said I hope they bring back Pritchard, and if Loungo continues to impress he should be given a go.
I agree we have to listen to the coaches who seem him day in day out in training rather then trying to reach a snatched judgement on the limited time we get to see our youth players.

That little cameo he had in the Europa league showed personality and the ability to have a "go" from reading what people have said about Kane and his development it leaves me hope that Fredericks can turn into a player. I wish him luck.

Back