• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

9th place sealed for us. Leeds will play out of their skin and beat us easily, and Brentford will at least pick up a point. What a shambles of a season!

FFS, Arse bottling it again yesterday messed up my fantasy team with Pep now playing his billion dollar reserves.

There is still an outside chance West Ham could catch Chelsea and have them finish the lowest London Club in the PL. 3pts and 6 goal difference, with United away and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home...its on

Lampard's record has been phenomenal since becoming caretaker hahaha

P9 W1 D1 L7 F7 A16

Didn’t he have a horrific end at Everton too which means he has only 2 wins in 20+ games?

People thought Chelsea was a free hit and he couldn’t make them worse or damage his reputation any further. He’s managed to do both with bells on. Not sure who gives him a job after this.

Shame. Despite his hatred for us, I always quite liked the guy from his interviews and thought he’d make a decent manager.

Didn’t he have a horrific end at Everton too which means he has only 2 wins in 20+ games?

People thought Chelsea was a free hit and he couldn’t make them worse or damage his reputation any further. He’s managed to do both with bells on. Not sure who gives him a job after this.

Shame. Despite his hatred for us, I always quite liked the guy from his interviews and thought he’d make a decent manager.
Yep 2 wins in half a year hahaha
No doubt some helmet PL chairman will give him another job

Can we make a Brighton flavor of the month thread?

I just want a record when in 3-5 years they get fudging relegated we can have a record of all the comments about how we should be like them and how they figured it out ..

Or maybe it's just this season's flavor of the month thread, so we can see who we were supposed to copy each year

I just want a record when in 3-5 years they get fudging relegated we can have a record of all the comments about how we should be like them and how they figured it out ..

Or maybe it's just this season's flavor of the month thread, so we can see who we were supposed to copy each year
I would hope the directors at the club try to review and learn from any team that significantly outperforms the expectation.

It was Southampton a few years ago. It'll be someone else in the next few years.

Fact of the matter is that Brighton have had a similar season to us points-wise and our season has pretty much been a disaster. Brighton are punching as hard as they are going to. It's a question of how long they can sustain it before gravity sets in. It's the same with all this jerking off over De Zerbi. He's done a great job over three quarters of a season. Let's see if he replicates it next year.

Just because a club punches above its weight does not mean that it's a model for us to follow unless it has them in the top 4 consistently because that's where we are aiming for.

Point for Leicester not a disaster for them? Gives them a chance of staying up with a win at the weekend and Everton draw

It was Southampton a few years ago. It'll be someone else in the next few years.

Fact of the matter is that Brighton have had a similar season to us points-wise and our season has pretty much been a disaster. Brighton are punching as hard as they are going to. It's a question of how long they can sustain it before gravity sets in. It's the same with all this jerking off over De Zerbi. He's done a great job over three quarters of a season. Let's see if he replicates it next year.

Just because a club punches above its weight does not mean that it's a model for us to follow unless it has them in the top 4 consistently because that's where we are aiming for.

Hang on a minute. Again context is brushed aside here.

Brighton don't have anything like our fanbase, revenue or pedigree in terms of players they could attract. They have never achieved this number of points in the top division. If you look at the Premier League table, you can almost imagine that it consists of at least 3 sub leagues, top 6, mid table and relegation battlers. They have jumped out of one sub league and are almost competing 2 leagues above where they usually competing in, belying their wage bill. That's seriously impressive given they have also lost Bissouma, Trossard, Cucarella and Potter.

If they have a season like the one we have just experienced, given their relative position in the league that will probably mean relegation for them. It is likely they will go down eventually because when they do well, unfortunately they don't have the financial might to prevent their best players getting picked off. But, effective recruitment and backing their manager can off set these losses for a while. I mean seriously if we lost 3 of our best players do you think we will recruit as effectively as they have let alone improve our competitive ness in the PL?

De Zerbi has done a great job what ever happens next season. He's pushed his team up 2 subleagues and gone shoulder to shoulder against teams they have no right to compete with. Their performances against Arsenal for example, put our far more expensively assembled team to shame. For me that is a better reference point than Arne Slot winning the Dutch League. It's not dissimilar to what Poch achieved at Southampton.

He probably won't do as well next season because not only us he likely to lose players like Caicedo, he also has to expose his relatively small squad to European football.

Last edited:
Back