• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I heard his argument was about the Spanish meaning of the words and what he'd associate them with.
A very technical technicality on which to get off
For a bloke who has lived in the UK for years and speaks better English than most... As @scaramanga says, it might be worse for them to have his lunacy on the touchline and they also can't get that 'siege mentality' about people being against them. Cnuts.

That is just ludicrous. If making the comments that he did publicly in an interview is deemed to be "not proven" in terms of misconduct or bringing the game into disrepute, then it's effectively a free-for-all. Any manager can now say the equivalent, comfortable that they can't get a ban.
Whilst there are undoubtedly issues with the quality/competency of some referees and the implementation of VAR, if I was referee and this was the level of protection I was getting, I'd seriously consider jacking it in.

Quelle surprise

Just another decision which sets the officials up to fall some more. How can players, managers and fans have respect for them when the FA doesn’t?

Apparently they had to admit he didn't actually abuse anyone directly, say anything bad about anyone specific and he only criticised the actual process so didnt cross any lines to be punished! Haha, open season to slag off VAR etc from now on then!

Apparently they had to admit he didn't actually abuse anyone directly, say anything bad about anyone specific and he only criticised the actual process so didnt cross any lines to be punished! Haha, open season to slag off VAR etc from now on then!
To quote what Robbo wrote on the previous page, this is all you have to do now

You could just openly paraphrase Lego Man in interviews, and you'll be off clean.

"Like Arteta said, the decision was both embarrassing and and a disgrace".

"In the words of Arteta, that penalty was a disgrace and an embarrasment."

"I'd like to quote Arteta when I say the referee was embarrassing and a diagrace today."

Reminds me of that Martin Jol quote when talking to a referee:

Can I call you an idiot?

No, you cannot call me an idiot.

Can I think you're an idiot?

You can think what you like.

Okay, I think you're an idiot.

At least we can point to a lengthy injury list as to a mitigating factor in our defeat. This lot just bottled their game against Wham.

It's amazing they still don't know how VAR works

Given on pitch, so has to be clear proof it went off the pitch

There is none, goal given.
It was impossible to disallow that goal with the camera angles available. I haven't seen anything that conclusively shows the ball was out. Maybe they should be more worried about why they couldn't break West Ham down to the extent that they'd even force a decent save from Areola. Or maybe they should worry about why their 100m+ man in the middle of the park had a 'mare.

Fed up to the back teeth of people complaining about referees every time they lose a game. The pikeys deserved their win from what I saw. And that's on Arteta and his players.

Back