• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Wheelchair could have played in that game as well, but I think he was involved with England U21's iirc. I wish that Parrett and Bostock would step up and fulfil their potential as he has done (much as I hate the wee git!).

Just on the subject of players coming through. I went to this in May 2009. Quite a lot players from both teams beginning to make breakthroughs for either their first teams or as loanees.
Teams :

Spurs - Jansson, Smith, Byrne (Kasim 59), Cox, Caulker, Butcher, Townsend, Parrett (Bostock 86), Obika, Mason, Rose
Subs not used : Butler, Kane, Nicholson

Arsenal - Szczesny, Eastmond, Cruise (Evina 62), Frimpong, Bartley, Ayling, Lansbury, Coquelin, Murphy (Henderson 81), Sunu (Watt 66), Thomas.
Subs not used : Shea, Boateng

Attendance : - 3,000

Mason has also had a fair few loans.

As have Parrett, Bostock and Byrne. Jansson too, before he was released.

SPURS LOAN WATCH:

It was a busy weekend for Spurs players out on loan.

Danny Rose played 82 minutes before being substituted due to injury in Sunderland's narrow 0-1 loss to Arsenal.

Simon Dawkins made his debut for Aston Villa as a 63rd minute substitute as the Villains grabbed a crucial 2-1 win against West Ham.

Fellow struggles QPR lost 4-1 at Swansea with Andros Townsend starting and playing 90 minutes. Townsend sent in a cross that was handled by Ashley Williams with the score at 3-1 but the referee waved away the protests to deny QPR the chance to get back into the match.

In the Championship, Adam Smith played the full match in his 21st appearance of the season for Millwall as his side lost 2-1 at out-of-form Blackpool.

Alex Pritchard played for the second time for Peterborough in their 2-1 victory over Leicester as a 75th minute substitute before having to be subbed himself in the 96th minute due to injury.

In League Two, Jordan Archer kept a clean sheet as Wycombe beat York 4-0.

Iago Falque played 79 minutes and set up the third goal as Almeria beat Sabadell 5-1 in Spain's Segunda Division. Almeria are flying high in second place in the table.

Mame Biram Diouf's early goal was the difference as Hannover beat Heurelho Gomes' Hoffenheim 1-0 in the Bundesliga.

Souley Coulibaly (Grosetto), Ryan Mason (Lorient) and Tomislav Gomelt (Espanyol) did not appear for their teams.

Bostock off on loan to america apparently.

Shocking that after bad loan spells at brentford and swindon we can not even find a loan for him in this country, maybe the slower pace of the MLS will suit him but i think that is pretty much it for him and the hopes of a decent career.

Unfortunate for the lad:

http://www.teamtalk.com/peterboroug...ut-for-up-to-six-weeks-with-an-ankle-injury.?

Pritchard is ruled out
Wednesday 13th February 2013 15:54

Alex Pritchard: Faces six weeks on sidelines

Peterborough winger Alex Pritchard has been ruled out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury and has returned to parent club Tottenham for treatment.

Pritchard sustained the injury during the 2-1 win over Leicester City on Saturday and underwent a scan earlier in the week to determine the extent of the damage.

The 19-year-old received rave reviews for his performances in Spurs' NextGen Series campaign and signed a new two-and-a-half year deal at White Hart Lane in January before joining Peterborough on loan.

U18 FAY Cup 5th round vs Bolton tomorrow. Under the lights at the Lane for a fiver.

Only a Spartan 300 tickets sold so far but will probably still be a better atmosphere than tonight :-"

Brickies beforehand...........

Im attending the U21's game tomorrow down at our brand new training centre.
Its against Manchester United.

I will do a write up when I return and let you know who I was impressed by.

Manchester United Under-21s tackle Tottenham

United's Under-21s face North London opposition for the second time inside a week on Friday, as Warren Joyce's side take on Tottenham Hotspur in a lunchtime kick-off.

The Reds have made a good start to the Elite Group but were held to a 2-2 draw at Moss Lane by Arsenal on Monday night, with Nick Powell and Jesse Lingard getting the goals.

Spurs will be tough opponents after winning the pool to qualify for this section, finishing three points clear of the Reds at the summit. Rated one of the top sides in the country at this level, the capital club already sit proudly in first place in the table.

It was a case of one win apiece earlier in the season, with Federico Macheda scoring both goals in a 2-1 home win before a 4-2 reverse at Tottenham as Lingard and Tom Lawrence found the net.

Warren Joyce was pleased with Monday's performance against the Gunners, with Powell playing in attack, and will be looking for another positive display.

"It was a good, proper game against Arsenal as we had to make decisions when they had the ball to stop them playing and it wasn't easy to break them down," he told MUTV. "I thought there was some good football played by both teams.

"There was a lot of good stuff and I was pleased with the performance if disappointed with the result. We want these type of games. The pitch was heavy and it didn't help us move the ball quickly but we want competitive games and there were a lot of positives."

As for Spurs, the impressive Alex Pritchard is unavailable after picking up an injury during a loan spell at Peterborough while Jon Obika hit the winner in the victory against Liverpool, ending a 14-match unbeaten run for the Merseysiders.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Reserves-News/2013/Feb/tottenham-v-manchester-united-under-21-preview.aspx?newsid=C2D6AF0F-3517-4DFE-BC25-2C7A7CCBD534&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&pageNo=1

hmm...another home U21 game? IIRC, we have played all four U21 Elite group games at home thus far?

With "England International" Livermore available for U21 selection, surely another good result is on the card ;)

Busy day today for our kids.

U21s at home to Manchester United in Premier League at Enfield.

U18s at home to Bolton Wanderers in FA Youth Cup at White Hart Lane.

Busy day today for our kids.

U21s at home to Manchester United in Premier League at Enfield.

U18s at home to Bolton Wanderers in FA Youth Cup at White Hart Lane.

Are there any U18 kids that play regularly in the U21 games? or are they usually completely different line-ups?

Spurs team: Miles, Byrne, Fryers, Livermore, Naughton, Luongo, Parrett, Carroll, Obika, Kane, Ceballos

Manchester United: Johnstone, Powell, Brown, Tunnicliffe, McGinty, Fornasier, Thorpe, Vermijl, Ekangamene, Januzaj, Van Velsen

Back